PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Badlands Waaagh!

Bingo the Fun Monkey
13-11-2007, 09:05
This is generally an all-comers list. It's supposed to be fun and competitive with more emphasis on fun with elements of versatility.

Characters:
Zazuga Ud Urda Zububu: Savage Orc Warboss: Enchanted Shield, light armor, boar, Akkrit Axe, Boss Hat, Kickin Boots (SO Boar Boyz)
Buzzgub: Common Goblin BB: BSB, Gigantic Spider, Light Armor
Naggrit: Common Goblin Shaman: L1, Chariot, Shiny Bauble, Dispell Scroll

Core:
25 Orc Boyz: command, shields
25 Orc Boyz: command, shields
24 Savage Orc Boyz: command, extra choppas
5 Wolf Boyz: spears, musician
5 Wolf Boyz: spears, musician
5 Spider Riders: spears, bows, musician
2 Snotling Bases
2 Snotling Bases

Special:
5 Savage Orc Boar Boyz: Big Uns, Spears, Shields, Command, Banner of Butchery
9 Squig Hoppers
Boar Chariot
Boar Chariot

Rare:
Giant
2 Snotling Pump Wagons

I have next to no ranged capability. My magic defense is minimal. What I do have going for me is:
1) I have 17 separate units on the battlefield.
2) 3 of these units have a 360 degree charge arc
3) There are so many random elements in this army that my opponent cannot be sure where anything is going to be. I, on the other hand, can still control the direction.

The presence of savage orcs works very well with pump wagons, chariots, and squig hoppers, in my opinion. The presence of frenzied troops means that the enemy will either send baiters or their own hard hitters to neutralize them (I will have to play to keep the boar boyz out of LoS for shooting until the time is right). This means that as long as I keep these random moving, high impact units in the vicinity of the savage orcs, there will be a greater likelihood of them actually hitting something.

I like the versatility of the list as well. Different opponents will see different units as their priority target. If it's the boar boyz then I can use the infantry arm to catch the enemy as he tried to hunt down the little unit. If they perceive the infantry to be a greater threat, then they can serve as the anvil for the hammerblow of the savage orcs and chariots. Etc.

The goblin BSB on spider will just stick around in any terrain, out of LoS, and keep an eye on the infantry blocks. He can get where he needs quickly and safely.