PDA

View Full Version : charging and vision arc

Dezartfox
13-11-2007, 10:51
ok,
1. is the vision arc only for shooting, so for example can you charge a model that is to side or behind you?

2. if the vision arc does apply for charging, can you pivot before you charge or does charging come before as charging is the first thing you do in your turn,
so for example, i use infiltrate skil to set up directly behind my opponents models, hoping to get first turn, but dont, can the model turn around and charge me first,

Major_Gilbear
13-11-2007, 12:54
1) No, the vision arc is used for the sentry rules too. You can only charge or shoot at a model you can see (ie is in your arc).

2) Turning can only be done in a model's movement phase, but doesn't actually count as movement. So in the movement phase I can turn a Heavy to a new facing and he doesn't count as having moved. Likewise, I can turn at the start of a charge and then charge at someone I can see (ie, isn't hidden). This is because in Necromunda, an individual is assumed to be generally aware of what's happening around him, although stealthy/hidden models may escape his immediate notice.

....And you've already asked this on the Eastern Firnge forums. Why are you asking again here? You'll only get the same answers!

Dezartfox
13-11-2007, 14:55
to see if i get different answers :P which i have done

and cheers, its confusing, as it only mentions the vision arc in shooting

Major_Gilbear
13-11-2007, 19:22
Well, I would say that you can't run backwards, same as you can't shoot behind you. This is not an unreasonable assumption, and even in 40k, folk line their models up to face their enemy.

Since turning is a "free" action, and you can turn whenever you want, wherever you want and as many times as you want during your move, I can't see the rules need to tell you about facing unless there is a specific need to.

The difference is that when you are shooting, the moving is over, and you have to stick with the facing that you've chosen.
However, in CC, once you've charged at your enemy and made contact, you are assumed be embroiled in a swirling combat and therefore facing becomes irrelevant anyway.

Better?