PDA

View Full Version : About to buy .........

rob_banks
13-11-2007, 17:57
hi guys im new here been away from warhammer 40.000 for about 7 years
basically im looking to build a nurgle 40.000 army

im going to games workshop tommorow to pick up a 7 plague marine boxset
plus typhus of nurgle

plus paints glue brushes all that stuff

if anyone has any advice for me tommorow id love to hear it

all the best cheers

rob_banks
13-11-2007, 17:59
hi ive heard and read that with the new space marine codex that plague marines arent allowed plague knifes anymore, theyve been dropped for this codex
i was just about to buy some plague marines which 3 out of 7 of them still have the plague knife , so what do you suggest i do, i could change the arms on the models to a plain plague marine arms (no weapon) for 3.75
or just leave the knifes on

or what do you suggest ?

heres the arcticle saying that plauge knives can no longer be used

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacem...fterror/deathguard/default.htm

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

Edzard
13-11-2007, 18:04
I suggest not to get GW paints but instead go for Vallejo! :)

Ozendorph
13-11-2007, 18:09
Nurgle's a great choice :)

I'm not sure just what sort of advice you're looking for, as it sounds like you've already got your plan down. I might suggest buying some inks...I use a green/brown wash on my plague marines and it comes out looking pretty sharp..erm..disgusting.

Ninners
13-11-2007, 18:13
Cool, rot for the rod god! :eyebrows:

If you are any good with greenstuff (or some other modelling putty) then you could try converting some plastic chaos space marines into nurgle marines.

Also, I reckon that with the huge number of bits for chaos, if you plan on converting it is best to buy a lot at once, so you have a wide variety of bits to use for models.

Hope that helps.

RampagingRavener
13-11-2007, 18:23
Just because the "Plague Knife" wargear item isn't in the codex any more, doesn't mean that they won't be carrying Combat Knives to fight with in close combat; so there's no need to take them off the models. :)

Triggerdog
13-11-2007, 18:25
you havent played for a while, have you? Plague knives have been out of the game for more than four years there bud. I'd keep the knives on the models though because they look cool. And just because Plague knives are no longer in the game doesnt mean your guys cant have knives covered in plague spoodge.

rob_banks
13-11-2007, 18:50
hi guys im about to purchase my plague marines tommorow and need some help with colours

so far im getting chaos black, skull white, catacham green,rotting flesh
flesh wash,bleach bone,boltgun silver

any suggestions paint wise for my plague marines

im probably looking at 3 more paints at most

i was thing maybe reds or yellows for details

any help is much appreciated

t-tauri
13-11-2007, 18:53
I've merged all your threads into one. Please read the posting guidelines linked to in my signatures. Multiple threads on closely related subjects is spam. Please don't do it.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

leonmallett
13-11-2007, 19:07
I suggest not to get GW paints but instead go for Vallejo! :)

i'd really echo this. Where I live they are great value (1.35 for 17ml), plus they give a great coverage over black generally, and have a vast range of colours to choose from, including lots of greens and 'natural' looking colours which could be useful for Nurgle.

EVIL INC
13-11-2007, 20:25
Dont forget, you dont HAVE to use the official plague marine models to represent your death gaurd/plague marines. You can use reguler ones with a proper paint job and conversions. Might be cheaper then buying the more expensive all metal plague marine models.
Good luck.
Note, I found that a hot glue gun can work wonders on nurgle tanks to look proper. As soon as I get pics of mine, I will post it.