PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points tourney high elf (new book)

highelfmage
13-11-2007, 20:35
torney will be this friday 11/16

prince (swordmasters)
GW/HA
talisman of saphrecy
armor of protection
gem of courage

noble BSB (spearman)
GW
armour of caledor
amulet of fire

mage lv2
2 dispel scrolls

20 spearman
s/c/m
lion standard

10 archers

15 swordmasters
s/c/m
banner of arcane protection

5 dragon prince
s/c/m
banner of ellyrion
amulet of light

7 white lions
c

white lion chariot

2 bolts

cannon

total 1998

what do u think? i could be facing WE/OK/OG/chaos/Beast/empire

wamphyri101
13-11-2007, 21:06
cannon
..........wtf?!?!?

Secondly 7 white lions... seems pretty pointless
also you have 5 dragon princes with no support.

To be honest you will be ripped through by a magic and shot to bits very badly.

Just been playing a game with the new high elves myself so can know a few bits from fighting (i had dwarfs...eeek but won by mass)

I would ditch the dragon princes and take another unit of swordmasters or full unit of white lions or something like that. means you have 3 solid infantry units and the lion chariot can be held back to flank charge etc.

points from the unit of 7 white lions can go on a second unit of archers or split the unit of 20 spearmen into 2 units of 15

finally take sacred incense with your swordmasters... the extra -1 to hit really helps
As for the 7 white lions... id prob ditch them and take

highelfmage
13-11-2007, 22:40
cannon
..........wtf?!?!?

FOR ALL THE CHARIOTS

Secondly 7 white lions... seems pretty pointless

TO PROTECT MY WARMACHINES

also you have 5 dragon princes with no support.
THEY DONT NEED SUPPORT
To be honest you will be ripped through by a magic and shot to bits very badly.

I HAVE MR AND A MAGE TO HELP ME OUT AND DRAGON PRINCE CAN TAKE OUT SHOOTING.
Just been playing a game with the new high elves myself so can know a few bits from fighting (i had dwarfs...eeek but won by mass)

I would ditch the dragon princes and take another unit of swordmasters or full unit of white lions or something like that. means you have 3 solid infantry units and the lion chariot can be held back to flank charge etc.

points from the unit of 7 white lions can go on a second unit of archers or split the unit of 20 spearmen into 2 units of 15

finally take sacred incense with your swordmasters... the extra -1 to hit really helps
As for the 7 white lions... id prob ditch them and take

read the quote but i am thinking about the sacred incense i dropped a scroll for and musician of dp for trisket box.(the double roll for miscast thing)

where would u put the mage if i give him the -1 to hit?

CHOOBER SNIPES
14-11-2007, 01:20
k, i think u should probly drop the lion chariot to tiranoc, and lower the SM's numbers or drop the cannon (probably this one) and the mage's level to open up points for another mage with another DS. With only one mage, you will hav very little in magic defence, and the SM's really only need 13, 7 in front 6 in second. 15 attacks with champ at WS6 S5. unsure about DP's, u could keep em and use them to flank or cover your own flanks, but then u could drop them and take another line unit. Problem is ur very combaty so u hav to charge the enemy who will probably outnumber you. you will hav to run right through the enemy or control and hold your flanks, as you just wont hav enough units. Mayb try and suicide rush with chariot and DP's depending on skill level of your opponents. It will either scare the crap out of them and they'll overkill, leaving your other units untouched, or they'll underestimate the 5 cav and lion chariot and you'll punch a hole in their line. ppl probly wont realize that DP's hav 2 attacks and lion chariots hav 6 WS5 S5 attacks +D6 S5 impact hits. anyway, good luck hope u do well.

14-11-2007, 06:15
torney will be this friday 11/16

prince (swordmasters)
GW/HA
talisman of saphrecy
armor of protection
gem of courage

noble BSB (spearman)
GW
armour of caledor
amulet of fire

mage lv2
2 dispel scrolls

20 spearman
s/c/m
lion standard

10 archers

15 swordmasters
s/c/m

5 dragon prince
s/c/m
banner of ellyrion
amulet of light

7 white lions
c

white lion chariot

2 bolts

cannon

total 1998

what do u think? i could be facing WE/OK/OG/chaos/Beast/empire

No offense, but candidly, this is the least attractive HE lists I've seen posted.
Much of it's been said, but to reinforce:
* 7 White Lions - bad idea take their points and the archers and build another spear block
* Consider exchanging the DP's for a unit of White Lions or Swordmasters and cash in the Lion Chariot to add numbers to that unit and the original Swordmasters. Then you'll have a spear block to for each of your elite units.
* I don't think you have enough magic and will suffer for it. Magic makes your combat more effective in ways a Prince cannot. I don't imagine I'd ever take a Prince.
* Oh, and a DOW cannon in an HE list? Technically allowable, but seriously bad form. Why not Rhinox cav while your at it?

But your experience will be your best guide. Good luck with this.

Stella Cadente
14-11-2007, 06:25
prince (swordmasters)
GW/HA
talisman of saphrecy
armor of protection
gem of courage
I assume HA means heavy armour, if so, how are you getting heavy armour AND armour of protection on at the same time?

cannon

wrong, just wrong
window+fluff=fluff out of window

highelfmage
15-11-2007, 03:33
prince (swordmasters)
HA
radiant gym
sword of might
enchanted shields
guardian phoenix

noble BSB (spearman)
GW
armour of caledor
amulet of fire

mage lv2
2 scroll

20 spearman
s/c/m
lion standard

10 archers

15 swordmasters
s/c/m
gem of courage

5 dragon prince
s/c/m
banner of ellyrion
amulet of light

7 white lions
c

white lion chariot

2 bolts

cannon

total 1998

what do u think?

i added some dispel dice the prince will use beast
does the prince get +1 to amour for magical hw and shield?

yes i noticed that heavy armor is illegal with armour of protection

avatar i used this list once already(or something similar to it and got a massacre)

15-11-2007, 04:46
[
avatar i used this list once already(or something similar to it and got a massacre)[/QUOTE]

OK, I didn't mean to imply that it's hopeless. It's just odd.

However, one anecdote does not count as supporting data.

I'm dubious this list can hold up in the long haul. But I don't know everything. Maybe it's the bomb.

And, still, a cannon in an HE list is just retarded. But, different strokes...

Happy gaming, all the same.

highelfmage
15-11-2007, 15:59
the white lion are there to hold up a unit or fight smaller units of calvary or something like that.

where would u include the sacred incense? i was thinking on the mage and put him in with the swordmasters and the mage would get out when it was time for cc. what do u think? i was going to drop a scroll and a gem of courage.

15-11-2007, 22:11
the white lion are there to hold up a unit or fight smaller units of calvary or something like that.

where would u include the sacred incense? i was thinking on the mage and put him in with the swordmasters and the mage would get out when it was time for cc. what do u think? i was going to drop a scroll and a gem of courage.

That's it exactly.

highelfmage
15-11-2007, 22:45
thanks for the help i think this is how my list will look. thanks to all again.

highelfmage
16-11-2007, 17:40
prince (swordmasters)
HA
radiant gym
sword of might
enchanted shields
guardian phoenix
258 3+ a/5+W

noble BSB (spearman)
GW
armor of caledor
amulet of fire
163 2+A

mage lv1
1 scroll
sacred insane

20 spearman
s/c/m
lion standard

10 archers

18 swordmaster
s/c/m

5 dragon prince
s/c/
banner of ellyrion
amulet of light

7 white lions
c

white lion chariot

2 bolts

cannon

total 1998

final list what do u think

mage will go with swordmasters

highelfmage
17-11-2007, 16:17
i won my tourney. i came in first with 2 massacres vs empire (calvary) and beastman(magic)

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 16:29
how can you have a cannon in a high elf army?

highelfmage
17-11-2007, 21:36
dog of war!!!!!!!!!!

aenarion67
18-11-2007, 05:16
well done!

brakke_aep
19-11-2007, 00:24
With the new High elf armybook. You are no longer allowed to take dogs of war. Simply because there is no rare choice option for them anymore. The list is not legal. GW did this on purpose. Just like they did with empire and Orcs and Gobbo's army book.

Treadhead_1st
19-11-2007, 03:27
The rules for who can & can't take DoW are listed in the DoW PDF. PDF states that those reaces that aren't banned (gives list) can take any choice, which follows the organisiation slot as listed in the specific unit entry.

Means GW don't have to say they can take DoW as rare, as the DoW rules already says it.

GW justification: If they want to update the DoW rules then they wouldn't have to go back and update other race armybooks.