PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt ALL orc list - Tourney style!

Time of Madness
13-11-2007, 21:55
GOAL: To create a competitive tourney winning orc and goblin army using ONLY orcs!

The last couple of months I have spent a great deal of time fine tuning an all orc list for the 2008 tourney scene. To date this list has been very successful, but as always I am looking for input to make it better.

The biggest weakness in my opinion is animosity when it comes to Orc armies. This list is designed to counter that and make each unit as hard as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTERS

Black Orc Warboss
- Wyvern
- Heavy Armour
- Enchanted Shield
- Umm's Best Big 'At (5+ ward save)
- Kickin boots (+1 attack)
- Akk'rit Axe (+1S re-roll misses)
= 451pts

Black Orc Big Boss
- BSB on boar
- Mork's Spirit totem (As many dispel dice as ranks)
= 180pts

Black Orc Big Boss
- Boar
- Heavy Armour, shield
- Martog's Best Basha (+1S +1I +1WS)
= 122pts

Orc Shaman
- Dispel Scroll
- Dispel Scroll
= 115pts

CORE

23 Orc Boyz
- Full Command
- shields
***Big Boss here for 5X5 formation***
= 168pts

23 Orc Boyz
- Full Command
- shields
***Big Boss here for 5X5 formation***
= 168pts

10 Arrer Boyz
- Musician
= 65pts

SPECIAL

24 Black Orcs
- Full Command
- Shield
***6X4 formation***
= 374pts

5 Big un's Boar boyz
- Musican, Standard
- Banner of Butchery
= 196pts

Boar Chariot
= 80pts

Boar Chariot
= 80pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The basic idea is to use a refused flank tactic. The 2 orc boyz units and the black orcs will form the bulk of my list with all the boars/chariots/arrer boyz on one flank.

A lot of people tend not to like the Wyvern, but at T5 and 5 wounds for 200pts I think he is a steal. He gives the list a little mobility and can really be nasty on the charge. with 8 S6 attacks (5 that can be re-rolled for misses).

Thoughts? Opinions? Best all orc list you have ever seen?
Time of Madness

Eldem
13-11-2007, 22:26
Why is your BSB on a boar that seems to be the one part that doesn;t make sense to me.

Time of Madness
13-11-2007, 23:04
The bsb and the other big boss are both on boars in units of boyz. It's like giving them an enchanted shield (+2 to the save) and an extra attack for a cheap cheap price. Plus they still can't be picked out in the unit.
Time of Madness

Eldem
14-11-2007, 00:29
K was just curios you don;t see that very often. A problem I see is speed. This army is pretty slow and doesn;t have many support units, I say drop the black orcs to 19 (as I assume they get a character, and mabey get a chariot.

Zonq
14-11-2007, 02:35
I've got a suggestion, but it may be risky:

1)Change the Black orcs for Orcs big Uns with doubble Choppas and shields, and add Warbanner in this unit (You save 31 pts, a special choice, you have the Warbanner, you do the same amount of damage in CC, BUT you lose 1 pt of armour save and all the benefits of black orcs)
2)Change the Boar boyz big Uns for Savage Boar Boyz Big Uns, and drop the Butchery banner (You save 20 pts, get more attacks than even with the Banner of butchery and get a ward save, BUT you lose 2 pts of armour save and can be easily baited)
3)Drop the musician in the Arrer Boyz and a Dispel Scroll on the Shaman (You save 30 pts)
4)Add a Boar Chariot with all the points and special slot saved

Otherwise, a good list if we consider that no gobbo/snotling/troll can be added.

Hope this helps,

Zonq

Time of Madness
15-11-2007, 00:30
Thanks Zonq

The problem with changing the Black orcs to a unit of big un's is it leaves me with a unit that has LD7 and animoisty. The black orcs are so much more reliable especially when combined with 2 other large blocks of orc boyz (led by black orc big bosses for LD8 and quell animosity).

As for the boar boyz I really don't like savage orc boar boyz unless I am playing a savage orc themed list. The regular boar boyz with banner of butchery hit as hard although they cost a bit more. At the end of the day I'd rather have my normal boar boyz that don't suffer for frenzy.

Thanks,

Time of Madness