PDA

View Full Version : Quick Beasts of Chaos questions

Axis
14-11-2007, 11:20
Just a quick question (or more of a clarification) about the shaggoth.

Can a shaggoth champion be the army general? If so does he count as a beasts of chaos character for composition?

Do you need a regiment with a mark (say nurgle for example) to give the shaggoth that mark? (this is if he is not the general and the general is undiv)

Also do tuskgor chariots use mark cost for 'regiment'. In hordes of chaos it has separate costs for chariots. So which value do i use?

Thanks. I tried looking at some FAQ's and couldnt find it..

TheDarkDaff
14-11-2007, 12:00
Just a quick question (or more of a clarification) about the shaggoth.

Can a shaggoth champion be the army general? If so does he count as a beasts of chaos character for composition?
Yes the Shaggoth Champion can be the General (pg60). On pg 51 under "the Chaos General" second paragraph, second sentence reads "A character from this book is a beasts character....." and as the Shaggoth Champion is a Character and is in "this book" he is a Beast Character.

Do you need a regiment with a mark (say nurgle for example) to give the shaggoth that mark? (this is if he is not the general and the general is undiv)
Nothing superceeds the rules about the "Chaos General" on pg51. If the general is undivided, then other characters can have other marks only if the army contains a unit with that mark.

Also do tuskgor chariots use mark cost for 'regiment'. In hordes of chaos it has separate costs for chariots. So which value do i use?

There is no cost because Tuskgor Chariots DO NOT have the option to take any other mark. They are stuck with the Mark of Chaos Undivided.

kaelis ra
14-11-2007, 12:28
No, because a shaggoth is not a character if he is not the general and there for may have any mark he would like if the general has the MoCU, other wise he must have the same mark as the general.

As TheDarkdaff stated above they are not allowed to have marks, not even the MoCU. Because if the had the MoCU then only characters with the MoCU could ride in them.

TheDarkDaff
14-11-2007, 13:30
I really have to disagree with you on both your statements.

No, because a shaggoth is not a character if he is not the general and there for may have any mark he would like if the general has the MoCU, other wise he must have the same mark as the general.A Shaggoth Champion is a Lord Character(pg26). It takes up Lord and a Rare slot instead of a Rare and a Special slot like a regular Shaggoth. Only a Shaggoth Champion can have Chaos Marks.

As TheDarkdaff stated above they are not allowed to have marks, not even the MoCU. Because if the had the MoCU then only characters with the MoCU could ride in them.

A Tuskgor Chariots is bought with the Mark of Chaos Undivided(pg55). It just has no option to replace it with a different Mark of Chaos. This means only Characters with the Mark of Chaos Undivided may ride in a Tuskgor Chariot.

Axis
14-11-2007, 21:07
Ok for chariots you say they cant have other marks because there is no option?

There is a sentence that says "each of the five marks bestows its benefits on the character, unit or chariot bearing it". Doesn't that suggest that the tuskgor chariot can take a mark? It just seems odd that one moment it says they can replace it with another but there is no option.

Thanks for the info on the shaggoth though. I totally missed the pg 26 bit.

TheDarkDaff
14-11-2007, 22:11
It is a cut and paste job from Hordes of Chaos where chariots can get other marks. The thing you want to look at is the Unit Entry. They always tell you if the Unit comes with a mark and tells you how you can replace it (refering you to the earlier page for point costs). The Tuskgor Chariot Unit Entry tells us it has the MoCU but then does not list any option for changing it to a different mark.

Axis
14-11-2007, 23:07
Ok, thanks for that. I always get annoyed by cut and paste jobs though. The beasts of chaos book makes me annoyed everytime i use it because its layout is backwards to almost every other book. Very frustrating, you'd think i would have learnt by now though :P.

I'll just paint my chariots nurgle-esque anyway to fit with the rest of my army. Doesn't really bother me that i can't mark them (as cool as that would be.)

TheDarkDaff
14-11-2007, 23:57
It is an odd situation (highlighted by a change of work between Hordes of Chaos and Beasts of Chaos) that GW what the MoCU to be a mark in some cases but not be a mark in others. That said Chariot Marks other than Khorne and Tzeetch aren't really that important.

kaelis ra
15-11-2007, 16:28
I really have to disagree with you on both your statements.
TheDarkDaff is correct I miss read both of those from the army book, I guess this is why I do not use shaggoth or tuskgor in my army.