PDA

View Full Version : Orks help !

rob_banks
14-11-2007, 15:58
hi i have two questions

the first is what should i use to make the holes i need in the base of my figures i was thinking a drill but as i dont have one i was hoping someone could offer me a option using stuff from around the house

and secondly does anyone know what ork figures will be getting rereleased
because i just bought a couple of mega armour orks

plus a ork warlord ghazghkull thraka whick i read that was being rereleased

any help is much appreacitated

cheers

madd0ct0r
14-11-2007, 16:42
If they are plastic models you might be able to pirece them using a very hot needle.
Place the other end of the needle into a cork and heat the sharp tip. Should melt through plastic,
However, you'll get a burr and if you haven't a drill i doubt you have any files.
In theory you could carefully cut the burr off with a craft knife.

when all's said and done you might be better off getting a pin vise or a handrill

EDIT: actually this thread should be in modelling and minis really

sephiroth87
14-11-2007, 17:47
Try taking a hobby knife (or barring that, a very narrow kitchen knife) and spinning the tip of the blade on the base. It will function as a crude drill well enough so that you can get a model's peg into the base hole. I do this all the time when I don't have a pin vise handy.

As far as the models go, Ghazghkull is one of the newer ork models and one of the best sculpts in the GW range. I doubt that they'll replace him.

They might replace the meganobz with plastics in the second wave release, but I haven't heard any rumors about it.