PDA

View Full Version : I challenge anyone to find a worse 1k list

gerrymander61
14-11-2007, 18:40
I just posted an idea for an abysmal list on another post so I'ma come out with the exact list right here right now. If anyone can find a worse one, well, I'll say congrats or something.

Heroes:

130 - Warlock Engineer, Accumulator, Condensor, Pistol, 5 Warpstone tokens
*These guys are fully decked out for unloading some Warp Lightning death. Too bad they DON'T KNOW THE SPELL

Core:

100 - 20 Clanrats
*Joe Clanrats

510 - 255 Slaves

Total: 1000 on the nose

Basically the premise is that the heroes are no better than the regular troops. They cost 26 times the average clanrat and the only advantage they have is 2 wounds. Oh and no armour. Don't wanna forget that one.

The Clanrats would be fine in any Skaven army. It's hard to get them wrong, and you have to include at least one, so we made this one as ineffective as possible. It cannot possibly be worse at fighting.

The full glory of this list is unveiled in the mass of Slaves. The enemy does not have the option to split them up into smaller units and try to win MSU style because, it's illegal. The Skaven mainstay rule states that one may not field any more of one unit type than there they have of Clanrats. Thus, the enemy is left with no choice but to have a giant block of 255 troops with no armor, hand weapons, Weapon Skill 2, and a whopping leadership, of 8.

Remoah
14-11-2007, 18:44
ha, i don't like play fantasy, but i know enough to almost laugh at this.
i'd love to see a battle report of someone winning with this, just to here the response.

RavenBloodwind
15-11-2007, 01:51
A dogs of war army with:
General-captain with no equipment (okay he comes with a handweapon)
captain with no equipment
paymaster with no equipment

Troops:
12 pikemen with full command

12 halflings with spears and full command

93 duelists with bucklers, standard and musician

The army has 2 very small units with banners which will lose to either your clanrats or your slaves. 93 duelists will have a static CR of 2 against most units but only 1 against the slaves and they cannot negate ranks because they skirmish.

Oh, and I actually own the models to make this...

Little Aaad
15-11-2007, 15:09
Khorne:

Aspiring 80
Steed 16
MOK 35

Sorcerer 85
Level Two 35
Power Fam 50
Steed 16 367

Warriors x45 630

Marauders x10 50

UltimateNagash
15-11-2007, 21:57
Noble
10 Spearmen
10 Spearmen

Nowhere near 1000 points, but perfectly legal, and dies so very easily :D
Something like that would be the worst list ;)

:p

RavenBloodwind
16-11-2007, 01:16
Little Aaad: in a worst army list magic is a bad idea since your goal is for the list to lose and most folk won't be able to counter it. Also 45 chaos warriors with a small marauder flank-protection unit would actually do really well.

UltimateNagash: It's a good thought. While your list is legal, the rules for the worst army tournament state you automatically give up VPs equal to unspent points. So your list gives your opponent about 800 VP to start with and if he then manages to kill something with those 2 units he's certainly going to win.

UltimateNagash
16-11-2007, 10:34
Thereby it's the worst list ;)
Not sure what the rules for that tournie is anyway...

Glabro
16-11-2007, 12:11
What a hilarious thought!

The only rule would be that you must spend 1000 points or OVER (not under!), and whoever loses the battle wins the game!

Anyone for a game of Reversehammer?

Tutore
16-11-2007, 12:15
1 Night goblin shaman (50), 2 dispel scrolls
22 Trolls

Guess he'll have problems moving with those trolls, with that leadership 5...

SilverWarlock
16-11-2007, 12:30
1 warplock engineer, naked

10 clanrats
10 slaves

There is no rule in a 1000 point game stating you need 1000 points, and your list is clearly better than mine ;)

feintstar
16-11-2007, 13:09
No, the worst army would have to be a skaven list with loads of clanrats and slaves deployed in lines 40-50 across, such that no unit had any ranks, and the first to fail a panic check caused everyone else to take panic checks, until everyone fled! There would have to be a few units of 5 night runners at the front also, so that minimal casualties would be able to cause a check.

In order to sure that you are taking panic checks, it might be best to take Ratling guns, rolling 6 dice to ensure misfires, at targets that look to be out of range. That way you'll cause enough collateral damage to create the panic checks necessary to run the whole army off the table by the end of turn 1 without causing any casualties.

As for a hero to lead them... maybe a Warlord with a felblade - just make sure he never gets into combat. Armed with that, he could well kill himself quite effectively.

Glabro
16-11-2007, 13:43
There is no rule in a 1000 point game stating you need 1000 points, and your list is clearly better than mine ;)

Yes there is, in ReverseHammer. A rule made by me for that particular game :)

Another fun alternative would be to have a third party make the army lists for both/all players, with the aim of making them as bad as possible and then the players try to win with said armies.

Of course, itīs possible for the players to create their opponentsī armies this way, perhaps it works even better.

radbug
16-11-2007, 14:57
Do you need to follow normal army composition rules (ie no lord, 2+ core, 0-3 special and so on)?

/R

Arnizipal
16-11-2007, 16:01
22 Trolls

You don't have any core.

How about:

Night Goblin Big boss without equipment

2 X 20 Night Goblins without any equipment or command groups(minimum core).
The rest of the points in Snotlings in units of 2 bases.

Glabro
16-11-2007, 16:11
Do you need to follow normal army composition rules (ie no lord, 2+ core, 0-3 special and so on)?

/R

Yes. (That is too short, so hereīs extra characters).

RavenBloodwind
16-11-2007, 17:22
Okay,

The idea of the worst army competition (initially developed by Slaaneshslave) is the following:

1) The list is a 1,000 point list
2) It must meet the army construction requirements (a general, at least 2 core units)
3) You must actually own the models
4) It must be as close to 1k as possible and all unspent points are automatically awarded to the other player
5) You exchange armies with your opponent and try to beat your horrid army with his horrid army
6) The builder of the losing army is the winner, so the person who wins the game is the winner

For this reason the '1000 slave', '22 troll' and other lists don't quite work.

Additionally, your opponent is actually trying to win using your army. For this reason he will not have characters needlessly outside of units, will not deploy troops in unwise configurations, make stupid moves, deploy in a disadvantageous way, etc.

Tutore
16-11-2007, 20:07
You don't have any core.

How about:

Night Goblin Big boss without equipment

2 X 20 Night Goblins without any equipment or command groups(minimum core).
The rest of the points in Snotlings in units of 2 bases.

Right, I thought you didn't have to, because of the strange kind of battle.

Wyrdstone
16-11-2007, 20:48
what about a lord with 5 knights
then massed peasant men-at-arms
that would so easily run away

gerrymander61
16-11-2007, 21:01
Additionally, your opponent is actually trying to win using your army. For this reason he will not have characters needlessly outside of units, will not deploy troops in unwise configurations, make stupid moves, deploy in a disadvantageous way, etc.

This is why my army list works quite nicely is because the enemy is forced to deploy a ridiculously large unit of slaves because the rules don't allow him to MSU it up.

And when many skaven players own ~150 clanrat models, my number isn't ALL that unreasonable.

g0ddy
16-11-2007, 21:12
22 Trolls

but how does the enemy kill the trolls.... this army is far tooo powerful.

nice idea tho..

~g0ddy

RavenBloodwind
17-11-2007, 02:30
Wyrdstone: since it's 1k no lords, but a paladin will suffice. Problem with peasants is they can use the knights Ld and you get into MSU tactics which actually work very well, especially in smaller games.

Gerrymander: nothing wrong with your concept, send us a pic of your models.

Goddy: while the list isn't actually valid (no core) its concept should work well. The trolls are stupid with Ld 5 meaning they'll spend much of the game muddling forward slowly. This should allow a flank charge or 2. If you flank a Ld5 unit which then has no ranks, you don't have to do more than win by a musician to see them loping for the hills. The downside is trolls are indeed hard to hurt and they'll outnumber everying except gerrymanders slave unit so if you lose combat you're pretty well auto-running.

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 09:30
level 1 necro no equipment- 65 points
5 bat swarms- 300
11 Dire wolves, doom wolf-120
10 dire wolves, doom wolf-110
2x10 Fellbats- 400
995 pts

The necromancer can't join any unit so he'll be dead before you can say cheese and then my army will start crumbling and i will expect that there are 3 fell bats gone each round because of their leadership of 5 and te same with dire wolves except they will lose 6 each round.

brambleten
17-11-2007, 14:17
saurus scar vet 85
staff of the lost sun 35 (3 str 5 shortbow shots, saurus have BS 0)
dragonfly of quicksilver 15 (+1 when rolling to deploy scouts)
blessed mark of the oldones 35 (d3 re-rolls)
shield 2
scarvet 85
talisman of itzl 40 (2+ ward against 1st wound)
shield 2
GW 4
LA 2

skink priest 65
bane head 15 (all wounds on character X by this character are doubled)
rod of the storm 35 (bound spell)

10 saurus
spears

10 saurus
spears 40

5 swarm bases 300

total
there are no skinks in the list, which makes it bad from the start. the scar vets eat lots of points, but at T4 they can be taken down easily.
althought the swarms have poison attacks, they are WS2 and str 2, and a large waste of points

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 15:48
I got another one:

Warlock engineer- Warplock Pistol, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, 5 Warpstone Tokens-145

Warlock engineer- Warplock Pistol, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, 5 Warpstone Tokens-145

20 Clanrats-clawleader, standard-120

3 Rat swarms-135

1 pack of giant rats-30

5 Nightrunners-25

65 Slave- Spears, Shields-260

Let me explain: the nightrunner, swarms, giant rats get massacred and the slaves flee

gerrymander61
17-11-2007, 20:32
@Heinrichvoncarstein: I think you win. I'd just toss in a huge unit of globadiers as well. 100 point ld 5 goodness.

@RavenBloodwind: Gladly, but I'm on exchange in Norway and do not have access to said models.

SlaaneshSlave
19-11-2007, 12:43
Who won the "Worst Army" tournament last weekend anyhow?

I think ReverseHammer might be a better name...

Tutore
19-11-2007, 13:20
but how does the enemy kill the trolls.... this army is far tooo powerful.

nice idea tho..

~g0ddy

Table quarters! :p

Glabro
19-11-2007, 17:43
If the "worst army" would also use the worst possible tactics in order to ensure a loss (Reversehammer), I think a Vampire Counts army lead by a mounted necromancer who charges into the closest enemy unit while the 900 points of zombies stand and wait for the necromancer to perish due to combat resolution.

espen
19-11-2007, 23:35
so like:

Necro 65 [100]
lvl 35
General

Zombies 10 [60] Zombies 10 [60] Zombies 10 [60] Zombies 10 [60]
Zombies 10 [60] Zombies 10 [60] Zombies 10 [60]

Charge with general and then your zombies dies :)

RavenBloodwind
20-11-2007, 00:00
Slaaneshslave: hope Boston was fun

The tournament was won by the builder of an O&G army with:
general: orc mage with a weapon that makes him frenzied and unable to join units
goblin hero with scouting item
goblin hero with backstabber blade

105 nightgoblins with spears and a champion (no standard/musician)
9 goblin wolf rider heavy cav (not fast cav)
9 snotling bases

(I fought the bugger to a draw in spite of the fact the wolf riders squabbled on turns 3, 4 and 5, final tally was 8 points in his favor)

The army which scored the lowest VPs over 3 games was actually a skink southlands army with ranked up skinks. Boy do they stink.

Freenut
20-11-2007, 03:08
(I fought the bugger to a draw in spite of the fact the wolf riders squabbled on turns 3, 4 and 5, final tally was 8 points in his favor)

Well that and the fact you made to two 6+ save right at the end of the game. Oh and the fact the wolf riders made every one of their armour saves while the squabbled. Was lots of fun and already trying to think a crapper list.

Hope Boston was fun Slaaneshslave.

SlaaneshSlave
20-11-2007, 03:46
We need to do battle reports of these games, so people can figure out what we're talking about...

Wait?!?!?

Does this mean Freenut has a trophy?

And MIT is cooler & geekier than expected. Good weekend, even through the cold.

der_lex
20-11-2007, 04:02
Chaos Sorcerer with Chalice of Chaos and a Spell familiar (probably best with Lore of Shadows, since most spells have too high a casting value to cast effectively)

5x 10 Horrors (In small units, their bound spells are too weak to do anything useful, and their stats as a combat unit are laughable)

1x 11 Marauders

2x 12 Marauders

Exactly 1000 points. Good luck winning with this one.

Freenut
20-11-2007, 05:45
We need to do battle reports of these games, so people can figure out what we're talking about...

Wait?!?!?

Does this mean Freenut has a trophy?

And MIT is cooler & geekier than expected. Good weekend, even through the cold.

No trophy. But I got a tournament win and that is all anyone needs to know.:D

Quick battle report. My list was
general: orc lvl 1 mage with a weapon that makes him frenzied and unable to join units
goblin hero with scouting item
goblin hero with and magic mushrooms and backstabber blade

105 nightgoblins with spears and a champion (no standard/musician)
9 goblin wolf rider heavy cav with banner and champ.(not fast cav)
9 snotling bases

Game 1 the army I got was
rune smith with rune of balance
runesmith with spelleater rune and spellbreaking runes
runesmith with 3 spellbreaker runes
3 units of 13 warriors with a mus.
2 units of 9 troll slayers
1 unit of 9 miners with champ. and blasting charges

We swap armies and he deployed snotlings on the right night goblins in center and wolf riders left while putting the goblin with the backstabing blade and shaman on the left side of the goblins. He scouted with the other goblin on in a wood on the right side of my battleline. My line was rune smith with each warrior unit in the center and the slayers on each flank. He got first turn.

Turn 1 we both moved straight forward.
Turn 2 His wolf riders charged the slayers on the left while moving the backstabbing goblin foward beside the wolfriders and moved the scouting hero moved past slayers on the left. The wolf riders killed one slayer while taking 5 wounds in return. Goblins lose by 1 and run 12 inches stopping in front of the mage while the slayers go 4. My turn 2 I move the layers behind the wolf riders thinking I can lurer the shaman forward if the wolf riders flee. I move 2 warrior units forward stoping an inch from the night goblins. I want them to charge that way he does not get the extra spear attacks and start moving the 3rd warrior unit up to threaten the flank. I reform the other slayer unit 9 wide to go after the snotlings.
Turn 3. Goblins charge, wolf riders rally, backstabbing goblin charges slayers in the rear, killing 2 slayers but takes 1 wound in return. Scouting goblin charges flanking warrior unit, no wounds are dealt but he looses comabat and flees. Because of hatred warriors have to persure and run him down. They are now out of position and will not be able to make it back to the flank for a turns. Shaman blowes himself up in a mis-cast. In the big combat one runesmith issues a challange and is killed but the goblin champ. 2 more warriors die. The both warrior units hold. In my turn 2 more slayers die. Miners show up and claim a table quarter and in the big combat 2 more warriors die but the other runesmith kills the goblin champ and the units kill enough goblins to only lose by one. Both units hold.
Turn 4. Wolf riders charge slayer that are fighting the goblin boss and do 1 wound while the boss does 1 leaving 1 slayer who flails to hit. In the big combat 2 more warriors die vs. 4 goblins meaning the warriors lose by 1. One unit breaks while the other holds. In my turn the one warrior unit ralles. THe other move back to threaten the goblin unit's flank. The last slayer on the right flank dies. In the big combat the goblins do no wounds while the dwarfs do 5 and win combat 2. Goblins break but flee 12 inches while the dwarfs go 3.
Turn 5 Goblins rally and snotlings charge slayers. 1 slayer dies while the snotlings take 10 wounds and and are caught when they flee.
Turn 6 we grab a table quarter.

He ended up scoring about 330 while I scored about 800. Overall a fun game. Gave me a some ideas on things to try with my goblins that I would not have thought of otherwise. Will have to do other bat.reps. latter as it is getting late. Hope this is not too long winded.

SlaaneshSlave
21-11-2007, 23:01
Love it!

I need to start posting my battle reps.

RavenBloodwind
22-11-2007, 00:00
Should we post rules for the drink phase while we're at it?

I figure this plays heavily into our usual battles....