PDA

View Full Version : Most Chaosy Gang?

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
14-11-2007, 23:42
I'm thinking about starting a Necromunda gang and I like playing chaos, so which gang is the closest to chaos? The scavvies seem to be it, but I am looking to start one of the main gangs. I'm thinking about doing a House Escher Slaanesh Gang.

Eazy-O
15-11-2007, 00:39
I'd be inclined to say Cawdor or Redemptionists. While they are Imperial fanatics, they could just as well be Chaos cultists/fanatics. No specific chaos god, though.

Depends what you mean by "chaosy". Any gang could be under chaos influence, but i suppose Goliaths are more Khorny, Eschers are kinda Slaaneshi, etc...

Angelwing
15-11-2007, 02:26
Anyone still got the Gang war magazine rules for the chaos cultists? That should help you out.
Otherwise, you can theme your gang anyway you want. Scavvies would be a quick and easy nurgle theme.

Tomothy
15-11-2007, 03:27
Anyone still got the Gang war magazine rules for the chaos cultists? That should help you out.
Otherwise, you can theme your gang anyway you want. Scavvies would be a quick and easy nurgle theme.
Ugh, no it wouldn't. It wasn't official and it was overpowered (basically just being the redemptionist gang but with a whole bunch of extra stuff, including heavies).

Scavvies spring to mind immediately because of mutations. But don't hesitate to just use a house gang and call them a hidden cult. One thats just beginning to dabble, not all chaos cults need immediately obvious mutations to give themselves away. Hang a couple of chaos sigils on them, etc etc.

Weavetoucher
15-11-2007, 13:38
I would go for cawdor minatures as well, the whole facemask thing just screams 'secret cult' paint em in appropriate colours for yer favourite chaos god and maybe use the scavvy mutations as well.. they been costed etc credit wise afterall.... then just figure out whta skills path they likely to lean down.

floyd pinkerton
15-11-2007, 16:11
redemptionits for chaos cultists, and scavvies for mutants

ash_wednesday
15-11-2007, 16:16
I still like the House Escher Slaanesh gang idea. I suppose you could paint up the models with the same colours as a Slaanesh army complete with the symbols and names. Just don't give them any of the chaos powers..

Maybe they aren't good enough (or evil enough) for Slaanesh to give them any "gifts". Fluffwise they could be a gang that thinks that they are evil but are in fact a bunch of wanabes. Or they are just putting on an act to get some fear and respect out of other gangs.

Major_Gilbear
15-11-2007, 16:28
[...] I'm thinking about doing a House Escher Slaanesh Gang.

That would work fine IMO. Instead of scavvy-style mutations, you could model some of the skills onto them as chaos "Gifts" perhaps? So for example, the skill Disarm could be represented on the model by replacing an arm with a tentacle. It would be purely cosmetic -of course- but it would be very fluffy and pretty well balanced too.

I suggest that "Counts As" a House gang is the a good way of ensuring you have a balanced gang to play with, and as long as the fluff for you cult fits a House's skills you don't even need to make them "fit" visually with that House (eg, big burly fanatics with spiked clubs and flamers make good "Cawdor" even if the models don't match the official Cawdor minis).

Tau'ri
25-11-2007, 02:18
Van Saar could do a tzeentch cult, stumbling across a chaos artifact in their quest for technology and knowledge

dayglowe
02-12-2007, 15:43
I agree with Major_Gilbear and Tau'ri helped to expand his point. There is no real "chaosy" gang in Necromunda nor would there be. Chaos is an abhorred and virulently expunged presence in the Imperium. A blatantly Chaos gang would be hunted down and exterminated in a heartbeat if they surfaced, especially with mutants and cultists. However, a gang can be secretly worshipping Chaos as part of their fluff and can easily be just another cog in the wheel of a greater insurrection.

Having said that there are some good examples out in the GW books of people who don't know their being manipulated by Chaos (ie Souldrinkers). This would be a perfect example of a Chaos gang that doesn't know that they're being manipulated by Chaos. Along that thought it would be a brilliant twist for a Cawdor gang or even a Redemptionist gang to be unwittingly advancing a Tzeentch agenda. That would be great.

EVIL INC
07-12-2007, 15:13
I have a gang made out of converted beastmen. The juves are ungors and gangers gors. They look very nice converted and painted. I used the .. cant remember the supplement, to make them a reguler gang.

Eazy-O
08-12-2007, 13:46
@EVIL INC: Did you use the Scavvy list from the Outlanders supplement? :) Or maybe you mean the unknown warrirors article?

dayglowe
08-12-2007, 13:52
A Beastman gang???? Now, THAT's old school....I can remember when you put Beastmen in an IG army and it was no big deal.

Thats pretty cool.

EVIL INC
13-12-2007, 23:16
Unknown Warriers article. If you look back a bit in here, youll find my thread on them. Never did get decent pics of the ones I finished painting and never got around to painting all of them as I currently dont have anyone to play. A new shop opened locally within the last few months so that might change soon.

Ancientsociety
14-12-2007, 00:19
Really ANY of the gangs could be Chaos-y. It just depends which power you want them to worship/be used by/fight under. Goliaths and Orlocks could be Khorne. Escher could be Slaanesh. Cawdor, Delaque, or VS could be Tzeentch. Scavvies could be Nurgle.

Yes, I own the Gang War with the cultist article in it. I actually sort of like it.