PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Spanish Language Apocalypse Book

Lord Humungus
14-11-2007, 23:38
I had a chance to take a look at a Spanish language copy of the Apocalypse book, and I noticed a peculiar difference between it and the English version. In the English version, on the page after the Eldar Revenant Titan, it has the Cloudstrike Squadron. In the Spanish version it has a datasheet for the Scorpion Super Heavy Tank instead. I found this very odd. Anyone have an idea why they did this?

Hellebore
14-11-2007, 23:39
That is bizarre.

Can you tell us what the rules for it are?

Hellebore

The_Outsider
14-11-2007, 23:44
There are often numerous changes due to translation. I remember a thread somewhere where (basically) the french marien codex would let you do something that the english one didn't.

But replacing an entry entirely? thats a new one.

Lord Humungus
14-11-2007, 23:46
That is bizarre.

Can you tell us what the rules for it are?

Hellebore

It's a fast super-heavy tank skimmer. It has two pulsars like the titan (NOT twin-linked), and two shuriken cannons which can be upgraded to any of the other Eldar heavy weapons from the codex. Otherwise, it's just like the rules printed in IA update 2006. Not sure that I can discuss the points cost other than to say it's cheaper than the titan.

Hellebore
14-11-2007, 23:48
It's a fast super-heavy tank skimmer. It has two pulsars like the titan (NOT twin-linked), and two shuriken cannons which can be upgraded to any of the other Eldar heavy weapons from the codex. Otherwise, it's just like the rules printed in IA update 2006. Not sure that I can discuss the points cost other than to say it's cheaper than the titan.

Cheers.

I wasn't off in my own version either (barring an extra shuriken cannon).

EDIT: It didn't have a holo field though did it?

Hellebore

Lord Humungus
14-11-2007, 23:53
I was confused by the extra shuriken cannon, too. The model only has one.

EDIT: @ Hellebore -- I definitely has the holo-field. It's the Eldar pimp-wagon of choice.

Hellebore
15-11-2007, 00:00
I was confused by the extra shuriken cannon, too. The model only has one.

EDIT: @ Hellebore -- I definitely has the holo-field. It's the Eldar pimp-wagon of choice.

It has a holofield AND is cheaper than the titan? Man that titan is NEVER going to get used - this is pretty much superior to it in every way (skimmer moving fast + holofields = nasty). It has two pulsars, and 6 S6 AP5 shots as opposed to 4 S5 AP3 shots.

It doesn't have a close combat ability, but I can't see that being so important it costs so much.

Cheers Lord Humungous.

EDIT: Are we talking TITAN holofields (4+ save) or 'standard' holofields (roll 2 dice and pick the lowest?).

Hellebore

Lord Humungus
15-11-2007, 00:12
Titan holo-field.