PDA

View Full Version : my techmarine on a bike

darrelltmcd
15-11-2007, 02:52
This is the second techmarine on a bike I have made. tho the last one was for a friend.

What do people think.

darrelltmcd
15-11-2007, 02:55
this is a work in progress.

I've just looked at how bad they look zoomed in like that. it looks better at about real size.

but any comments welcome.

PotatoLegs
15-11-2007, 03:11
Dude, mould lines on the legs!! :eek:

Kill them quick!!

darrelltmcd
15-11-2007, 03:15
the legs are smooth. dont know why they are so visable.

and I think that is the least of my worries.

I had to green stuff the torso to the legs.

PotatoLegs
15-11-2007, 03:37
Well check the fourth pic you got up there, that leg has a VERY obvious mould-line. Could just be your highlighting technique, are you drybrushing them on?

Sure it may be a small thing, but it sticks out like a sore thumb and is usually the first thing you fix as soon as the model comes out of the packet - hence why its such a transgression.

Otherwise all the metallics need a dulling down - some black/brown ink perhaps?

What chapter is this guy going to be?

darrelltmcd
15-11-2007, 03:44
Knights of Gryphonne

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...r%2Dgallery/4/

I asked asked on another thread if anyone had any ideas. this was a suggestion. they are mentioned in a codex story. some sort of techmarine based force. so I was going to use that colour scheme.

but I was wanting to make a vehichle heavy list with dreadnoughts, landspeeders, and vindicators or predators.

EmMeTt
15-11-2007, 11:45
Looks great. Are those just techmarine and biker bits?

Love to see him fully painted, and well done.

static grass
15-11-2007, 12:05
I think they way jpeg formats work tends to pull out changes in colour so that mold lines show up something fierce.

He is coming on nicely, I real never get bored of seeing techmarines on bikes. I just wish DA could have them.

Penguin of Death
15-11-2007, 13:48
Have you seen Rich123 Techmarine on a bike in his log?

http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/31677-1500pt-converted-marine-tournie-force.html

darrelltmcd
16-11-2007, 17:20
Looks great. Are those just techmarine and biker bits?

Love to see him fully painted, and well done.

thanks. yes it is only techmarine bits and a bike, with some greenstuff to fill gaps and a little detail.

I think they way jpeg formats work tends to pull out changes in colour so that mold lines show up something fierce.

He is coming on nicely, I real never get bored of seeing techmarines on bikes. I just wish DA could have them.

thing is you should be able to. they can put everything else on a bike. or a floating land raider :)

Have you seen Rich123 Techmarine on a bike in his log?

http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/31677-1500pt-converted-marine-tournie-force.html

yes I went to that and had a look. wanted to do the legs like that but I am not that good with green stuff.

but thanks to all for your comments.

karial
20-11-2007, 15:24
this is a work in progress.

I've just looked at how bad they look zoomed in like that. it looks better at about real size.

but any comments welcome.

i've recently done this myself, and this was before finding your post lol
very similar come to think of it, only difference is the tech axe is down by his side, rather than up straight. i might end up buying some strong magnets, so i can remove the servo harness for transporting him around, currently i'm snapping it off and superglueing it at the other end lol :rolleyes:

darrelltmcd
18-12-2007, 17:15
I would probably make a few minor changes like drop the axe to has side or mount it on the bike next time. I may ask a mate of mine for the other techmarine I did. I made him one a year or 2 ago. 2 would be cool.

jhon
25-01-2008, 08:21
i m plan on doing something like this too . good job !! is the back pack fit to the bike or you need some adjust to it ?

darrelltmcd
05-02-2008, 22:23
you need to remove the cables that come out of the bottom of the back pack.

but if done cleanly you wont notice it.