PDA

View Full Version : Lion Chariot and Gobbos

Isha
15-11-2007, 13:22
This odd idea came to my mind yesterday - would Lion Chariot cause terror to goblins? Rule wise i would say no, but the more i think 'bout it, the more it seems that it would make sense ...

Or it's just a fool's raving? :)

Atrahasis
15-11-2007, 13:25
Despite their similarities, Terror is not Fear Squared or Doubled.

The only reason spells and the like that make a unit cuase fear make fear causers cause Terror is because they say so.

Horn
15-11-2007, 13:26
Nope. Neither did Phoenix Guard in 6th edition.

T10
15-11-2007, 15:23
The Goblin's Fear Elves rule can seem a bit complicated, but it really isn't. The goblins are subject to Fear and Terror as normal, meaning that when they encounter an Elf causing Fear or Terror they do not need to consider the unit strengths involved.

The real issue here is wether an Orc character in a Goblin unit will allow the Goblins to ignore their Fear Elves rule!

As far as I can tell, it does not. The Orc character does not cause Fear, so it does not bestow any regular Fear immunity to the Goblins. Quite the contrary. Since the Orc is a "member of the unit in all respects", it seems that he too would be subject to Fear of Elves.

-T10

highelfmage
15-11-2007, 16:11
would u have to take 2 fear test when charged by 1 lion chariot?

Griefbringer
15-11-2007, 18:08
would u have to take 2 fear test when charged by 1 lion chariot?

No. The chariot either causes fear for a particular unit, or does not cause fear, but there is no option for "causes fear x2".

Bernardinatti
16-11-2007, 00:15
This odd idea came to my mind yesterday - would Lion Chariot cause terror to goblins? Rule wise i would say no, but the more i think 'bout it, the more it seems that it would make sense ...

Or it's just a fool's raving? :)

Wow that is a major coincidence! i had this thought a couple of days ago and was considering making a thread about it. Although mine stemmed more from Phoenix Guard rather than the lion chariot..

Still nice to know that there is at least ONE person out there who has my kinda logic :)

Avian
16-11-2007, 11:41
As far as I can tell, it does not. The Orc character does not cause Fear, so it does not bestow any regular Fear immunity to the Goblins. Quite the contrary. Since the Orc is a "member of the unit in all respects", it seems that he too would be subject to Fear of Elves.
Nonsense, just because he joins a unit does not give him the same special rules (or stats) as the unit members, unless stated.

Thus a Goblin in a unit of Savage Orcs is not Frenzied and does not have Warpaint, while an Orc in a unit of Goblins does not Fear Elves.

However, he will be bound by any compulsory movement of the unit, so if they fail a Fear test to charge he cannot do so on his own and if they fail a Fear test when charged and outnumbered, he will flee with them.

T10
17-11-2007, 10:36
You may be right, but Frenzy and Immunity to Psychology are each handled differently. Bear with me on the ItP bit.

I am sure you will agree that a character that is normally Immune to Fear (or Panic) would still be subject to Fear in a unit without this immunity. Immunity to Fear is just a less effective variant of ItP without all the benefits and drawbacks.

The rest is fairly straight forward: An Orc is immune to the Fear Elves effect by virtue of not having a rule stating that he is subject to it. Since he joins a unit without this quasi-immunity he is subject to the unit's psychology.

The reverse should also hold true. A Goblin character in a unit of 5 Orcs does not Fear a unit of 20 Spearmen.

-T10