PDA

View Full Version : Is a juve only gang possable?

Getifa Ubazza
15-11-2007, 14:02
Ok i know juves are not that great, but i really like the new Goliath juve models and think an all juve gang would be so cool. Plus you would get a lot of them:D

If it was possable, I would have a gang leader, call him Faigan and have a bounty hunter called Bill. The rest of the gang would be juves.

If i couldnt do it legally. Would anyone have a problem with me using it anyway?

Guyver OmegaX
15-11-2007, 14:07
It's not legal. A gang may consist of no more than 50% Juves.

I personally wouldn't allow it in one of my campaigns, but there's no accounting for taste.

Major_Gilbear
15-11-2007, 14:59
If you used the rules for a Redemptionist Crusade, you could have a massive gang with Juve stats. Actually, a Scavvy gang would come close as well. You could run either if you like, and just use the Goliath Juve models instead of the Reds or Scavs.

Personally though, I think both the Reds and Scavs are broken (in different ways), and Hosue gangs cannot have more than 50% Juves as Guyver OmegaX said.

If you play in the Ash Wastes, there is an all-Juve gang (The Shanty Town Dwellers) which might suit your tastes as well.

Rules for all of these can be found on the SG website.

ash_wednesday
15-11-2007, 15:02
What would be the point of it?

Getifa Ubazza
15-11-2007, 16:52

No point really. I just thought it would look cool. Like a gang of chavs.

Guyver OmegaX
16-11-2007, 07:04

1) Sheer weight of number can win you games (even if it's just by avoiding bottle tests!). Juves are cheap, and have cheap equipment, which gives a clear advantage here.

2) Juves tend to become the most powerful gang fighters in the game.

Daredhnu
16-11-2007, 08:04
reasons not to take a juves only big 'ol mob gang

1) no income for first few games and then when you do it's very little

2) you'll be under equipped (see reason 1)

3) big gang mobbed together + grenades / sustained fire 2 weapons = dead gang
(and you will be mobbed toghether with 20+ gang members)

but if your gaming group would allow it go for it, if it's something you would want. :eyebrows:

(also this is assuming house gangs not outlanders etc.)

Angelwing
16-11-2007, 14:53
Rules for Juve gangs where in an issue of gang war or the journal some time back.

ash_wednesday
16-11-2007, 15:13
Hehehe....give all the Juves hand flamers so they each have a better chance of hitting something.

ZomboCom
16-11-2007, 17:24
The redemptionist mob juve horde is one of the best gangs in necromunda.

25 juves with autopistols in a starting gang, all Ld 10 and with hatred against a lot of foes. Hell yeah.

Major_Gilbear
17-11-2007, 09:18
The redemptionist mob juve horde is one of the best gangs in necromunda.

25 juves with autopistols in a starting gang, all Ld 10 and with hatred against a lot of foes. Hell yeah.

Wow, I'll bet you used to run an Iron Warriors Army under the old Chaos Codex too, right? :cheese:

Reds are so broken, that if you field that sort of army, you will lose opponents willing to play you fast. I mean, Necro is a Skirmish game, and if you want an Army then I suggest you go and play 40k.

ZomboCom
17-11-2007, 16:36
I never said I actually use that gang, I was just pointing out the horror that is an all juve gang.

I forgot to mention the other main advantage of that red list.

if any die, it doesn't matter, since you get a free juve on a 4+ and d3*25 creds income...

NB Never, ever do this list.

Major_Gilbear
18-11-2007, 11:21
NB Never, ever do this list.

QFT!

Also, I'm glad to hear that you don't run this travesty of a gang ;).

Catferret
18-11-2007, 19:11
I had the horror of someone planning something similar in a past campaign of mine. The Ratskin Brave gang. They didn't even have guns. Just the free club and knife. :eek:

Thankfully he never turned up for any games so we all breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Eazy-O
19-11-2007, 01:44
I have not had the pleasure of playing against such a gang, is it that bad? I dunno, seems like a case of manning the barricades and shooting the hell out of them while they close in. If they have no shooting weapons, you won't even have any pinned fighters. Or is it simply too overwhelming?

Catferret
19-11-2007, 02:02
I have not had the pleasure of playing against such a gang, is it that bad? I dunno, seems like a case of manning the barricades and shooting the hell out of them while they close in. If they have no shooting weapons, you won't even have any pinned fighters. Or is it simply too overwhelming?

Well, the problem lies with the Ratskin rules about treacherous conditions, they are completely immune to them while a lot of results reduce your shooting range. You end up with a turn or 2 at best to whittle down their numbers as they run at you. Then you end up horribly outnumbered in H2H where they can afford to lose a model or 2 per fight.

Major_Gilbear
19-11-2007, 13:39
What's worse, after a game or two, all those Braves become Ratskins, and can be given Blindsnake Pouches. Yes, BSPs are pricey, but they are good and on a numbers-heavy gang help to ensure the best fighters make it into CC.