PDA

View Full Version : The biggest game ever

TheBigBadWolf
15-11-2007, 14:14
No not apocalypse, the Scotland v Italy game on saturday. I think everyone in scotland will be watching it. I really think we can beat them, we beat france twice so anything is possible. They were missing some key players in the georgia game but with everyone back it should be good. What does anyone else think.

P.S. come on Russia ;)

Steel_Legion
15-11-2007, 15:05
Were gonna kick some ****! :D I will be at work til 6, but will make a request the radio goes on, if they do score, its not as if we wont know, the shopping center will erupt! I think we can beat em, my mum doesn't, but then she though france would have em.
Mon the Scots!

The pestilent 1
15-11-2007, 15:15
As a Englishman I will be routing for my bitter enemies, the Italians, on the basis that you tend to be really quite funny losers.
:p

forgotten hero
15-11-2007, 15:22
I will be an honoree Scot for the night, like the Georgia game (what a time to be a supporter...) i will be sat in a bar with a VERY passionate supporter who was close to tears after the Georgia game.

as an Englishman all i can say is GL, your gonna need it ;)

im thinking McFaddon wondergoal in the 90th min... 1-0 scots is my prediction.

-Rob

Cade
15-11-2007, 17:10
Scotland. Must win game.

Been here many, many, many times before and we always, ALWAYS coup it.

I predict a 2-0 defeat. We had our chance against Georgia and couped it there too.

reds8n
15-11-2007, 17:31
No not apocalypse, the Scotland v Italy game on saturday. I think everyone in scotland will be watching it. I really think we can beat them, we beat france twice so anything is possible. They were missing some key players in the georgia game but with everyone back it should be good. What does anyone else think.

As an Englishman first and a Brit. second I'm fully with you :)

P.S. come on Russia ;)

oh, and you had to go and spoil it didn't you.:cries:

It's almost like you don't like us !;)

Kargos Bloodspit
15-11-2007, 18:59
We've won every game at Hampden, so I don't see why not.

Besides, Italy has a big thing about 17 being unlucky, and the game is on the 17th of november, at 1700 GMT.

evil
15-11-2007, 22:36
We've won every game at Hampden, so I don't see why not.

Besides, Italy has a big thing about 17 being unlucky, and the game is on the 17th of november, at 1700 GMT.

Smacks of desperation when you resort to superstition :p

Hence why I have my many rabbit's feet (still attached to the rabbit however) in anticipation of israel russia :D

Geetarman
16-11-2007, 09:44
Come on Italy!

What, come on you scots always back whoever we brits play so its payback :P ;)

Gman

TheBigBadWolf
16-11-2007, 12:51
Just over a day to go.

We are all brits here:)

Us scots just get sick of hearing about 66

Ohh Flower of Scotland:D

Ozorik
16-11-2007, 12:58
...when will we see your likes again. Who fought and died for.....

Its really quite a daft national anthem when you think about it. Its probably the only national anthem by a folk band in the world.

Will Scotland win? I woudnt bet on it. Besides its the sort of thing we do a lot. Do a bit of giant killing and then fall at the last hurdle, its one of the reaons that we are the worlds best losers.

Aenarion
16-11-2007, 13:44
3-1 to Italy I reckon.

DeathlessDraich
16-11-2007, 16:06
LOL! and I thought this would be Warhammer related. Och aye me laddies - I'm not related to any Scot BTW. :p

I sort of agree with pestilent1. When Scotland lose a football game their reaction is quite comical but not as comical as Newcastle losing - big hard Geordies weeping their eyes out.

Of course I would like to see Scotland win although I'm not impressed with the present side.
My favourite Scottish side, the only one that achieved something was in 1966 (or was it 67), when messrs Denis Law and Jim Baxter beat the World Cup winning team, a few months after they won the World cup.

@the usual banter at Englishmen who talk of Britain in one breath and England in another. Considering the popularity of devolution, isn't it true that the average Scotsman prefers to be Scottish than British?

TheBigBadWolf
16-11-2007, 17:47
I think scotland can get a win, italy has never made it to the euro cup after winning the world cup and scotland rarely gets beat at home, so its all looking good, there has been about 10million betted on the game here so its going to be good. Another amazing fact is that there will be the equvilent of 5 million kegs of larger drunk, thats the equivilent of one for every person in scotland lol.

(The story with devolution is that the majority of the hollyrood being unioist parties so we are all still happy being british:)).

TheBigBadWolf
16-11-2007, 19:43
I forgot to ask is anyone going to the game, if so aaahhhhhhh u lucky B******. I would give my eye teeth to go, the atmosphere will be amazing

The Highlander
16-11-2007, 20:33
Scotland will win, no problem. Whenever we are out mached with no chace of winning we win.

RampagingRavener
16-11-2007, 21:54
I don't normally give a damn about sport, but come on. This is the Scotland team we're talking about. We're going to get destroyed.

TheBigBadWolf
16-11-2007, 22:08
I take it you never saw us beat france in france and at home, i may add that france beat italy

RampagingRavener
16-11-2007, 22:24
I take it you never saw us beat france in france and at home, i may add that france beat italy

Yea, I know. But I'm too cynical to assume that luck will hold for another win.

EDIT: Anyway, enough of my naysaying. Now returning you to your previously schedualed thread. :p

Steel_Legion
17-11-2007, 17:48
2:1 italy, I think we have had it

floyd pinkerton
17-11-2007, 17:59
unlucky guys:(

always next time...

thegnome
17-11-2007, 18:13
*Sigh* I should have just watched the tennis instead, it would have been less upsetting.

2_heads_talking
17-11-2007, 18:21
Well, with a lack of Sky One and having to get ready for dinner tonight, I found myself following the Scotland game through the BBC's website updates.

Al I can say is... bastard. :(

They played their hearts out, from the sounds of it, and unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we won't get any demonising of Italian players and no upset against the team.

Anyway, good luck to Israel! Let's hope England get through at least!

Oh, and here's one Scot who personally hates the idea of breaking the Union!

Cade
17-11-2007, 18:58
Terrible night.

Isreal put England through and Scotland feck it all up again.

evil
17-11-2007, 19:08
England to win euro 2008 now! :p

Unlucky Scotland.

Ozorik
17-11-2007, 21:15
if they do Ill eat your hat.

thunderwolf
18-11-2007, 00:02
Bad luck for Scotland- disappointing indeed. However...

Norn Iron are still in with an outside chance!

forgotten hero
18-11-2007, 08:21
Scotland was robbed!!! god knows what the linesman was thinking!!! about the Italian free kick...

on a positive note, i thought all the players played there hearts out! and after a long time, gave you some hope and belief that you qualify for a big comp some time soon.

after playing in the 'group of death' Italy probably the best team in the world (out played last night imo), Beating France twice!! runners up in the WC, and having to play in places like the Ukraine... it was a very tough group and you where very close to getting out of it.

so heads up and look to the WC 2010..

-Rob

DeathlessDraich
18-11-2007, 10:17
As an unbiased observer:
The better side won.
The goal in injury time was unfortunate but Italy should not have had a goal disallowed.

I think it's about time that TV replays are used by the fourth official to assist the referee. It works extremely well in rugby.

DivineVisitor
18-11-2007, 14:26
We played fantastically and as far as im concerned deserved to go through.
Other than the Italian goals how many chances did they really have?
No clear cut ones thats for sure.
We had one cleared off the line, McFaddens agaonising miss late on and our own goal to boot. Aswell as almost all of the decisions going against us and that quite astonishing decision at the end which gave the Italians their 2nd goal. We were far from outplayed.

The Italian disalowed goal was a wrong decision, however the ball did deflect off an Italian arm in order to get the shot there so video evidence wouldn't have helped.

The game in total we pushed the World Champions to the edge and with a bit more luck would have broken them. Im proud of the teams performance throughout the campaign and in their final moments. They did all of Scotland proud. Now lets see what kind of group we get for the World Cup!

Cade
18-11-2007, 15:33
Scotland threw away our chances of qualification in Georgia, where we played terrible football and were well beaten by a team containing 2 16 years olds and a 17 year old.

Moaning about the Italy game is pointless as we had our big chance againast a weaker team and blew it.

TheBigBadWolf
18-11-2007, 15:36
We would have still needed to draw or beat italy to go through

DivineVisitor
18-11-2007, 17:13
We would have still needed to draw or beat italy to go through

^
Exactly.
The Georgia game il admit was poor. Brown was injured, Fletcher was just back from an injury himself and we didn't play well. You could say we deserved a penalty in that game when James McFadden was basically hip-thrown in the box by the Gerogin defender which may or may not have changed things but in the end we got to take it on the chin.

In this campaign we were fantastic, probably the most exciting team to watch in the whole of Euro 2008 with the things we accomplished. But it was not to be. Looking forward to the World Cup draw next week.

We may have lost, but were no losers. We'l be back.

Kodamas
19-11-2007, 07:59
24 points.
1 disappointing match (against Georgia).
1 Nation's footballing hopes crushed as another is lifted.

This is what international football is all about. We should have beaten Georgia ( even though I don't know why they allow an american state to play in the euro qualifiers lol). The Italy game proved that we could go toe to toe against the big teams and on another night we could have won.

Bad refereeing? Well maybe but it didn't detract from our sitter just before which would have ended the game i feel had it gone in.

On a side note this is probably what Italy needed after the riots had Italy lost There probably would have been more.

Anyway just my thoughts going down to the local atallians with my pitch fork see you all in the news :D

Kodamas

Cade
19-11-2007, 16:16
Beat France twice. Beat Ukraine once. Made Italy work hard to beat us.

We had a great campaign and if we can play the same way in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers, we'll qualify no trouble at all.