PDA

View Full Version : New High Elves, 3000 points

paspinall
15-11-2007, 22:01
Hey everyone, below there are 2 Variations on a High Elves list, fell free to comment on either or both.

List 1

Prince: Great weapon, Vambraces of Defence, Radient Gem, Dragon Armour, Shield He would take Lore of beasts to get Bears anger.

Arch Mage, Moon Dragon, Lvl 4, Seer Staff, Talisman of Saphery, Dispel Scroll.

Nobel, BSB, Battle Banner, Barded Elven Steed, Dragon armour, shield.

Mage, Lvl 2, Foloriaths robes.

24 Spearmen, full command, Lion Standard

24 Spearmen, Full Command

12 Archers

10 Swordsmasters, Full command, Banner of Sorcery

10 White Lions, Full command, Warbanner, Amulet of light

9 Silver Helms, Shields, Full command

Lion Chariot

2 Bolt Throwers

3002 points total

Second list: (which seems larger somehow)

Prince, Great Weapon Enchanted Shield, Radient Gem, Sacred Insence, Dragon armour.

Archmage, Lvl 4, Moon Dragon, Starwood staff, Talisman of Saphery, dispel scroll

Mage, Lvl 2, Jewel of Dusk, Dispel scroll

Noble, BSB, Battle Banner, Heavy armour, shield, Barded Steed

20 spearmen, full command, Lion Standard

20 Spearmen, Full command

12 Archers, full command

13 Swordmasters, full command, banner of sorcery, amulet of light

14 White lions, full command, amulet of fire, banner of arcane protection

11 Silverhelms, Shields, Full command,

2 Bolt Throwers

Total points : 2900

I have a hundred points to spare and I do have a chariot model, however I really want to build it as a Lion Chariot, mostly becase its a model I want, so I would need to find points for that if I used it, or I could just build it, never use it and add something else...

What does everyone think??

feintstar
16-11-2007, 12:58
I like the second list better - the units are closer to the right size.

I'm not too sure about the loadouts on your characters- they don' t really seem terribly optimized. The BSB is fine, but if you're going to put a Radiant Gem on a Prince, armour of Caledor/Temkador's gauntlets is a pretty good place to go from there, followed by maybe a Talisman of Loec. Also, the level 2 needs either a silver wand or the seerstaff, and then with Lore of Light, you can heal the Dragon and the Archmage and the Prince. Besides, if you've got 4 spells the chances of getting the ones you want are a lot better. Meanwhile the archmage probably needs something to help cope with miscasts - The Tricksters pendant or the 20 point Item. I can see the archmage is expected to go head to head with enemy characters, hence the talisman of Saphery... I'd consider going talisman + Ring of Fury + Staff of Solidity...

You could drop 2 silver helms - that'd give you the points for a Lion Chariot. Other thing, I'm not sure why you've got full command on an Archer Unit. If they're in combat, you're already in trouble.

Also, swap the WL and SM banners. They probably aren't going to shoot/magic at your WLs anywhere near as much as they are going to concentrate on wiping out those Swordmasters. Besides, your Lions can hid around/behind woods, and maybe you could go for an Amulet of light for them, thus giving you some extra power against treemen and Dryads...

Other thing, who are you going to be up against?

Aside from all that, which is tweaking really, I'd say a good balanced list.

paspinall
16-11-2007, 16:13
I like the second list better - the units are closer to the right size.

I'm not too sure about the loadouts on your characters- they don' t really seem terribly optimized. The BSB is fine, but if you're going to put a Radiant Gem on a Prince, armour of Caledor/Temkador's gauntlets is a pretty good place to go from there, followed by maybe a Talisman of Loec. Also, the level 2 needs either a silver wand or the seerstaff, and then with Lore of Light, you can heal the Dragon and the Archmage and the Prince. Besides, if you've got 4 spells the chances of getting the ones you want are a lot better. Meanwhile the archmage probably needs something to help cope with miscasts - The Tricksters pendant or the 20 point Item. I can see the archmage is expected to go head to head with enemy characters, hence the talisman of Saphery... I'd consider going talisman + Ring of Fury + Staff of Solidity...

You could drop 2 silver helms - that'd give you the points for a Lion Chariot. Other thing, I'm not sure why you've got full command on an Archer Unit. If they're in combat, you're already in trouble.

Also, swap the WL and SM banners. They probably aren't going to shoot/magic at your WLs anywhere near as much as they are going to concentrate on wiping out those Swordmasters. Besides, your Lions can hid around/behind woods, and maybe you could go for an Amulet of light for them, thus giving you some extra power against treemen and Dryads...

Other thing, who are you going to be up against?

Aside from all that, which is tweaking really, I'd say a good balanced list.

Dont know why I didnt give him the armour, perhaps I was saving it for an idea LOL

As for the mages, Prince goes for Law of beasts so gets Bears anger, the Arch mage goes Lore of life and the level 2 goes for High Magic.

Will take a look at your suggested ite combo's thanks :)

Oh and as for the archers, well first I like the look of always have the command people in the units, and secondly, they may not be great but its still more dangerous now for the enemy to attack the archers thanks to AGF.

brambleten
16-11-2007, 17:18
drop a silver helm and 2 archers. that way you have space for the lion chariot

paspinall
16-11-2007, 18:21
the BSB may go with the Silverhelmds so I might be awkward and drop 2 of those, as i prefer nice round numbers there, but then I do have 16 models for them, and a lot more tan that number of archers too for that matter.