PDA

View Full Version : 2k high elves

skott4991
15-11-2007, 22:31
All right if you could give this list a once over and ill get back with improvements tomorrow, Thanks

Arch-mage - 270pts
Lvl 4 wizard
Silver wand

Mage - 135pts
Lvl 2 wizard

Noble - 111pts
Barded elven steed
Shield
Heavy armour
Lance

Korhil - 140pts

10 Archers - 110pts

21 Spearmen -214pts
Full command

Lion chariot - 140pts

Tiranoc chariot - 85pts

Tiranoc chariot -85pts

15 White lions - 255pts
Full command

15 White lions - 255pts
Full command

5 Dragon princes - 200pts
Full commad

Total 2000pts

All c&c welcome, i have only purchased the army book so nothing has o be in the list and an not against having any units.

Thanks.

Timeh
15-11-2007, 22:57
WHy does the unit of 10 have full commnad and war banner.If they die in combat thats an easy 200 plus 100 for the banner and with only 10 its not really that hard.

Besides that i like it.Also i would suggest at least 1 scroll.

Von Wibble
16-11-2007, 20:19
Its a 2000pt army with only 1 unit whose role is head on combat. Uh-oh.

Imo a good high elf army balances support to units. You have 5 support blocks, 2 archer units and RBTs and characters.

The army would be a lot better with some more combat punch. Spearmen can provide this - a unit of 20 is going to do better - swap it for a Tiranoc chariot and unit of archers.

Regarding command group on the Lions 10 man block - I would personally prefer more models. Not because of Timeh's point about them dying - after all, for an enemy unit to kill 10 models in combat with a unit that has just taken 6 S6 attacks and only hits on 4s is difficult - but simply because shooting and magic can hurt. Maybe chop the larger unit to 17 models (+ Korhil) and up the smaller unit to 15. That way you have 3 reliable combat units with 4 support.

Personal preference - lose the RBT on principle. they're terrible. Take an Eagle and 5 Dragon Princes instead. The DPs can tag team with a lion chariot for a very scary charge.

g0ddy
16-11-2007, 21:54
You could look at mounting Kohril in one of the Lion Chariots... this would free up a special slot.. and provide a very scary rank breaking, fear causing stubborn Ld9 chariot....

I would probably remove the standard bearer from the smaller WL unit... and give the main unit either the Warbanner or the Lion Standard...

It also is probably more cost effective to give your archmage the silver wand... (getting 5/6 spells) isntead of the seerstaff... with the extra points you could perhaps buy the amulet of light for the large unit of white lions aswell... (so they can go chop down some trees... ;))

~ g0ddy

CHOOBER SNIPES
17-11-2007, 02:26
i agree with goddy on the silver wand, its saving another 20 pts. other than that, id say take out a tiranoc chariot, and one unit of archers, and add a spear block of 20 with full command. costs 10 pts. more but u need a center for your line. then take 5 WL's off the 20 unit and put them into the other unit. 2 units of 15, 2 ranks of 7 with one on the back. WL's are stubborn for a reason, cus noone wants to make a decent static res of ranks and outnumber with 15 pt models. also, the one with korhil will be ld 9 or something. for this reason take off standard and mus for WL's, and giv warbanner to spears. these are just suggestions, i lik the whole chrace theme, really cool. o the ranks of 7 cus u dont need res, ur gonna lose probably anyway, just stubborn, ranks of 7 give 8 WS5 S6 attacks, which will probly actually give close to the same res lol. SM's are good against combaty armies, or if u can protect them from shooting cus they tear up things so well, but cant really fight off arrows and bullets. anyway list looks cool glhf

skott4991
17-11-2007, 19:11
List has been edited.

brambleten
17-11-2007, 21:04
why do you have a mounted noble and no cavalry?

Wodan.BR
17-11-2007, 21:36
I'd say that's for the AS bonus.
Does he go with the spears?

skott4991
18-11-2007, 09:32
why do you have a mounted noble and no cavalry?

Sorry forgot to add the Dragon princes