PDA

View Full Version : 2500, Balanced Bretonnia

Glabro
16-11-2007, 13:53
Without further ado, a list I planned for the Bretonnians with the aim of being both effective and stylish - not maximum powergaming.

Battle plans: Lord deploys with Errants to keep them in check, Paladin deploys with the Peasant Battle line for obvious reasons. Damsels make up the 9th members of the other big knightly units.
The Peasant Line takes the center, Knightly Hammer units deploy on the flanks, while flanking units (small errant units, Mounted Yeomen) take he extreme flank. The unit with the Banner of Twilight deploys behind a forest.
Grail Knights find the optimum place after everyone else has deployed, making sure to be as safe as possible from enemy shooting by using screening and terrain.

Lord @ 221 Pts
1 Birth-Sword of Carcassonne @ [35] Pts
1 Gromril Great Helm @ [30] Pts
1 Virtue of Confidence @ [25] Pts

Paladin (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 74 Pts

Damsel of the Lady @ 130 Pts

1 Warhorse @ [0] Pts
1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts

Damsel of the Lady @ 130 Pts

1 Warhorse @ [0] Pts

8 Knights Errant @ 201 Pts
Full Command
1 Errantry Banner @ [20] Pts

8 Knights of the Realm @ 241 Pts
Full Command
1 War Banner @ [25] Pts

8 Knights of the Realm @ 241 Pts
Full Command
1 Twilight Banner @ [25] Pts

5 Knights Errant @ 100 Pts

5 Knights Errant @ 100 Pts

25 Men-at-Arms @ 140 Pts
Musician, Standard Bearer Std, Spears

25 Men-at-Arms @ 140 Pts
Musician, Standard Bearer Std, Spears

10 Peasant Bowmen @ 70 Pts
Skirmishers

1 Grail Reliquae @ 118 Pts
6 Battle Pilgrims @ [0] Pts

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 75 Pts

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 75 Pts

3 Pegasus Knights @ 165 Pts

5 Grail Knights @ 190 Pts

1 Field Trebuchet @ 90 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2501

brambleten
16-11-2007, 16:18
what lore do you plan to take with the damsels, or is that per opponent?
can you take anymore battle pilgrims, theyre funny. im glad to see a bretonnia list with some men at arms for once

beezlebubbles
16-11-2007, 18:15
you have a good battle plan its now just more a case of will your men survive the attack across the field without being shot to much.

Malorian
16-11-2007, 18:33
Looks like a good mixed list to me. Just remember to post your battle reports : )

huron
18-11-2007, 21:27
give your lord virtue of confidence, the wyrmlance, armour of agilulf and a hippogryph and gauntlet of the duel hes the ultimate dueler challenges must be accepted re-roll hits and wounds armour of agilulf gives him ws10 he hits on 3s but the opponent likely to not get alot of hits and all attacks count as flaming.

Glabro
19-11-2007, 17:39
Thanks for the comments.

Iīd take Life for the Sorceresses and try to cast Mistress of the Marsh. Of course, the Damsels are just there to dispel magic (and yes, it depresses me to "have" to take them, especially as it might mean 260 wasted points if I donīt face magic).

Of course, itīs possible to spend more on the characters (level 2 damsels, improved lord etc.), but Iīve always been a fan of troops. But naturally it can be varied.

The main question, to me, is how well the knights can work together with the battle line - can the peasants pull their weight in combination with the knights or are knights the only sensible option?