PDA

View Full Version : Beginner 1k Chaos List

Turanos
16-11-2007, 22:23
Forgive the total noob list, but my limited experience with wargames has been entirely with 40k so far! I've recently been corrupted towards playing Fantasy, and I've chosen to play a mortal-based Hordes of Chaos as my first army.

This is my first attempt at a 1k army based on the four things I've bought so far, those being a basic foot Champion, a box of Marauders, a box of Warriors and a box of Knights.

Heroes

1 x Exalted Champion of Chaos
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Daemonic Mount
- Sword of Battle
- Enchanted Shield
- Talisman of Protection

* You'll notice this is fairly model-repped, as I just have the standard foot Undivided Champion. I have a couple of questions about it:
1) On a Daemonic Mount, can he join a unit of Knights?
2) On a Disc of Tzeentch, can he join a unit of Knights? If so, is there any benefit to using the 5pts. more expensive Daemonic Mount? Does the Disc attack at all, or is that how the mount is better?

Core

16 x Marauders of Chaos
- Light Armour
- Shields
- Chieftain
- Standard Bearer

12 x Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Chosen
- Shields
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Musician

5 x Knights of Chaos
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Chosen
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Musician

I've essentially just done my best to get a 1k list with the few models that I'm getting. It is a Tzeentch list purely because I want to see what magic is like and learn about it through playing, as it's one of the big differences to 40k.

Farhbot
24-11-2007, 00:54
You can use the disk of Tzeentch if you want and put it in a unit but it's main advantage is Float. It's the best platform for casting spells, where as the Demonic Mount is far better for Cavalry. The Demonic mount has better weapon skill, strength and Attacks.

C.