PDA

View Full Version : 3250 pts Hordes of Chaos

Stezerok
17-11-2007, 03:37
hey, so this weekend I'm gonna play against my friend's Dark Elves. Now he and I both tend to have a rule of making Take-All-Comers lists regardless of who we're playing, so I'm gonna ask that all anti-DE advice be limited to tactics, and not so much list building. But other than that if anyone could give me advice on the list, and whether it looks good or not. Please list your reasons why you suggest a change (I will probably debate most advice I am given, just understand it's only because I want to be clear as to the reason why you are suggesting I make the change). Thanks for your help!

Lord of Chaos: /w shield, Chaos Runesword, Armor of Damnation, and daemonic mount: 363 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos: /w level 2, dispel scroll, and mark of Slaanesh: 165 pts
Sorcerer of Chaos: /w level 2, dispel scroll, and mark of Slaanesh: 165 pts
Sorcerer of Chaos: /w level 2, Power familiar, and mark of Slaanesh: 190 pts
Aspiring Champion of Chaos: /w Army Standard Bearer /w Banner of Wrath: 155 pts

Warriors of Chaos (14): /w halberds, and full command: 254 pts
Marauders of Chaos (24): /w light armor, shields, and full command: 193 pts
Knights of Chaos (5): /w full command, and chosen: 275 pts
Chariot of Chaos: /w mark of Tzeentch: 140 pts
Chariot of Chaos: /w mark of Tzeentch: 140 pts
Warhounds of Chaos (5): 30 pts
Warhounds of Chaos (5): 30 pts

Screamers (5): 165 pts
Furies (8): 120 pts
Mounted Daemonettes (5): 150 pts
Horrors of Tzeentch (15): /w 4x flamers: 325 pts

Total Points: 3246 pts
Total Models: 109 infantry, 21 cavalry, 13 flyers, and 2 chariots

bluebugs
17-11-2007, 15:58
Wow, most people will consider this cheese, but I think this is a great list. You have a nice, solid general. your sorcerers have the deadliest lore, you have all the fast daemons, which is awesome! and those flamers will destroy units of elves at a time. I don't think you will have a problem schooling this guy!

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 16:24
i would take a sorceror and mke him a level 4 lord.

and by the way i don't play hordes i only play beasts so... Do you have a ward save on your lord if not then your general will be dead before you can say "ahhhh elf!"

Stezerok
17-11-2007, 16:42
i would take a sorceror and mke him a level 4 lord.

hmm... You know I thought about that... the only real problem I have with this is just that he's SOOO expensive...

Wow, most people will consider this cheese, but I think this is a great list. You have a nice, solid general. your sorcerers have the deadliest lore, you have all the fast daemons, which is awesome! and those flamers will destroy units of elves at a time. I don't think you will have a problem schooling this guy!

wow. Thanks. lol I don't know what to say, but I'm glad you think so :D

and by the way i don't play hordes i only play beasts so... Do you have a ward save on your lord if not then your general will be dead before you can say "ahhhh elf!"

well the only thing about the ward save is just that, shooting doesn't really bother him considering he's with a unit of 5+ guys, and has a band of warhounds in front, and in CC, most opponents don't usually take ignore armor saves weapons, but even if they did, I would still most likely be striking first with 6 str 6 attacks (enough to murder almost any elf, maybe even instant-death them) with -3 to their armor. And if they survive the assault, then they have to deal with getting through my WS of 9, and having to reroll their successful rolls to hit due to armor of damnation. All in all, I just don't think its necessary, and I don't want to have to drop like the sword for the points for it lol.

thanks so far for the advice!

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 17:37
okay but look you were the one talking bout an all-rounder army and for example if you were facing another chaos army, vampire counts, brettonia or just an empire dude with a runefang you would probably die if your opponent was lucky. Okay here is an example: You are facing a Blood Dragon Vampire maybe the only opponent in the game that can take on a Bloodthirster and come out on top. That blood dragon will most probably have 4wounds, on dragon so you get minus 1 to hit and he has a 1+ armour save, hatred, ws 10 iniative 8 and strength 7 on the charge plus he has killing blow and 6 attacks. In addition to that he can heal himself. He would pretty much step all over your little chaos butt (no offence)
Oh and P.S the dragon would also get it's 4 strength 6 attacks to