PDA

View Full Version : Everything's broken

forgottenlor
17-11-2007, 08:45
Ah! Having read the latest high elf threads has made me ponder many similar threads which have come before them and I wanted to sum it up in this one to show how unfair we all think all the GW lists are. How completely unbalanced and devious and how every army has an unfair advantage over the others.

High elves: Clearly there can be no list that is so broken as to allow you a dragon at under 1000 points and 2 dragons at 2000 points. Plus one can make a gunline list with bolt throwers and wizards and now everything strikes first and speer elves are 2 points less. Terrible!

Empire: You can make a gunline list with this army and we all no how unfair this is. At 2000 points you can also use 2 steam tanks and the arch lector in a chariot. How can anyone hope to beat such a army!

Orcs and goblins. This army has fanatics and you can now run 4 units of Squig riders or 8 bolt throwers at 2000 points. Lets not forget the abusive magic either. Who cares that this army does poorly at tournaments! They can beat any army if they make all their anomisity tests, roll their waaagh! and fanatics and magic et. well.

Wood elves. We all know how unfair it is to run 2 treemen and a battle standard bearer. And this list is all skirmishers and light calvary. They always can choose their battles. Just face it, against them you have no chance.

Ogres. Clearly unfair. How many strength 6 attacks can you have in this army? And you get bull charges? There wizards get like 3 spells off each in a turn and no other hero has a chance against a tyrant in melee.

Dwarves. You can make a gunline army. You can put together your own magic items and you have like 10+ dispel dice a game. Let's not forget they also have the best leadership in the game. It just makes me shudder.

Brettonians. Have you ever heard of the royal air force? The flying army of pegasus knights who can charge down everything? Or the all knights army with an insanely small frontage? Who can maintain the smallest glimmer of hope when facing them?

Chaos- You can make an all chariots army and we all know that is broken. You also have like 20 heroes and 20 elite choices so that your enemy never know what they will face. Will it be a tzeentch army with an insane amount of power dice or a khorne army with an insane amount of attacks and dispel dice?

Skaven- The Skyre army of doom (SAD) the skaven gunline army, we all know always and I mean always wins. Clearly it doesn't get more broken than this.

Lizard men. How many power dice can a second generation Slaan roll in a round? It is so many that no one can keep track. And salamanders are clearly unfair, since they auto hit. Skinks are also much to cheap for their points. This list is so broken that it even does well at tournaments.

Dark elves. Like high elves without always strikes first, but that is soon to be remedied.

Tomb kings. Do you know how many bound spells this army can get off in a round? Me neither, but I know that it clearly many too many. One can also run the dreaded, broken all chariot army.

Vampires. Have you heard of the Strigoi flying circus or the Van Karstein wolf vampire army? Or the all necromancer army? That can make new (yes, I said new) units out of thin air in the middle of a game. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.

Chaos dwarves. What other army can run 20 units of hobgoblins in front of a gunline. Actually 2 earth shakers, 8 hobgoblin bolt throwers, 3 units of blunderbussers and 20 units of hobgoblins, of something similarly insane. Now we all know why this list has not be redone!

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Their list is unfair too.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
17-11-2007, 10:19
People only complain because they simply don't see how Frodo Baggins could even begin to hope to beat Chuck Norris.

Varath- Lord Impaler
17-11-2007, 10:32
So...if all forces are broken, does that mean they are balanced?

Urgat
17-11-2007, 10:41
No, because they have no chance against each other :D

Wintermute
17-11-2007, 10:43
I'm closing this thread its clearly designed to do one thing only and thats provoke an argument.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition