PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you all to make the best legal skaven list 2k

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 15:26
Personally i like skryre best

Lords and Heroes-611
*Qritrik the Paranoid(warlord)- Warplock Pistol, Heavy Armour, Warpstone Amulet, halberd, Skalm, Bands of Power-217

Warlock engineer- Warplock Pistol, warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, Death Globes, Foul Pendant, 1 Warpstone Token-145

Warlock engineer- Warplock Pistol, warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, Storm Deamon, 3 Warpstone Tokens-140

Chieftain- Heavy Armour, Warpstone Armour, Battle Standard-109

Core-1203
20 Clanrats- Spears, FC, Ratling Gun-220
20 Clanrats- FC, Warpfire Thrower-185
25 Stormvermin-Shields, FC, Umbranner-285
1 Pack of Giant Rats-30
30 Slaves- Spears, Musician-94
30 Slaves- Shields, Musician-94
3 Plague Rat Swarms-195
2x5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers-100

Special-400
10 Jezzails-200
5 Jezzails-100
2 Packs of Rat Ogres-100

Rare
Warp Lightning Cannon-100

169 Models including rat swarms, jezzails, ogres, warp lightning cannon and characters

Grand total: 2314

Now i need help to get it down to 2k

SilverWarlock
17-11-2007, 16:30
dont mean to be mean ... but that is one bad skaven list

now for the constructive version :p

Rat ogres are over costed, extremely vulnerable and actually pretty weak. Not only that but you are going with a skyre theme, so they arent even a fluffy unit.

Skalm seems weird, a skaven lord you usually want naked and at the back, or then you give him some serious weapon (I love the fellblade but it probably isnt the optimal choice), either way, the point is that if he gets hit, he dies, so skalm is useless.

your BSB is probably also better at the back of a unit, and you might as well go with the +8 CR combo as you are playing stormvermin (warbanner+banner of the swarm).

your model count is very very low, skaven should be hitting at least 200, preferably more, models in 2k points, especially when you dont have a seer.

I wont go over the details of why 10 jezzails/rat packs/5 PWGs/plague rats are all very bad choices (usually involves panic and expensive dead things).

ill post up my list, which is skyre-ish, probably sub out the tunnelers for some jezzails (and switch up the lord's equipment if you want). Probably would be more skyre and maybe stronger with a naked lord, 3 tunnelers and 2x5 jezzails.

note the model count and the work needed to kill things (you have 2 point Ld 10 models, best use of points in the game, stock up on them).

Characters:

Warlord, fellblade, heavy armor, shield, talisman of protection 199 points

Chieftain, BSB, heavy armor, warbanner 99 points

Warplock engineer, kit w/o pistol, stormdemon 110

Warplock engineer, kit w/o pistol, dispell scroll 110

Core:

25 clanrats, banner, musician 140

ratling gun 60

25 slaves, musician 54

25 slaves, musician 54

25 slaves, musician 54

25 slaves, musician 54

24 stormvermin, shields, FC, banner of the swarm 261

5 night runners 25

5 night runners 25

Special

3 tunnelers 45 points

3 tunnelers 45 points

3 tunnelers 45 points

Rare

Warplightning cannon 100

Warplightning cannon 100

PD:6+stormdemon
DD:4+scroll
Deployment slots: 11+warmachines+characters
Models: 249 (woot!)

Slekith
17-11-2007, 16:46
That's where WARP would come in handy! :D Imagine you could have all those lists posted on the internet at http://www.enterthewarp.com and rank them. It would be much more easier to track those lists adding them to favorites and printing them whenever you like. I hope we have WARP ready as soon as possible. Visit http://blog.enterthewarp.com and keep an eye on us!!! :D

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 17:05
Okay thanks i don't lnow how to make a good skryre list unless i use the one in the back of the book. Here is my new list:

Lords and Heroes-571
*Qritrik the Paranoid(warlord)- Warplock Pistol, Heavy Armour, Warpstone Amulet, Desolate Blade, Bands of Power-207

Warlock engineer- Warplock Pistol, warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, Death Globes, Foul Pendant, 1 Warpstone Token-145

Warlock engineer-warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, Storm Deamon, 2 Warpstone Token-120

Chieftain- Heavy Armour, Warbanner, Battle Standard-99

Core-1198
25 Clanrats- FC-150
25 Clanrats- Spears, FC, Ratling Gun-230
25 Clanrats- FC,-150
20 Stormvermin- FC, Warpfire thrower-260
1 Pack of Giant Rats-30
33 Slaves- Musician-70
30 Slaves- Musician-64
20 Slaves- Musician-44
8 Poisoned Wind Globadiers-80
2x5 Night Runners-50

Special-200
5 Jezzails-100
5 Jezzails-100

Rare-100
Warp Lightning Cannon-100

Grand Total: 1999
Models:210+characters+war machines+warpfire thrower+ ratling gun

ALL HAIL THE SLAVES

rexim
17-11-2007, 20:38
Warlock engineer-warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, warp stone charm, storm deamon=135

Warlock engineer-warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, GENERAL, warpston amulet, eye of the hornd ra=135

Warlock engineer-warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator,Warp stone scroll=135

Warlock engineer-warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, warpscroll 2 Warpstone Token=135

25 Clanrats, FC Ratling gun=210
25 slaves=50
25 slaves=50
25 slaves=50
2 Poisoned wind globadierd=20
3 giant rats pack=90
3 giant rats pack=90
3 giant rats pack=90
5 night runners=25
5 night runners=25
5 night runners=25
1 rat swarm=45
5 Jezzails-100
5 Jezzails-100
3 tunnelers-35
3 tunnelers-35

2 Warp Lightning cannons=200

2240 points

fubukii
18-11-2007, 04:11
Best legal 2k skaven list now your talking simple. Lets just look at what dies to easy and or costs to many points to take. That leave out wpn teams and stormvermin/rat ogres/swarms/monks.

Now what i would take is the following.

Warlord - hvy armor, weeping blade Enchanted shield, warpstone ammy
warlock - full kit minus pistol, Storm daemon warpstone charm
Warlock full kit minus pistol 2 scrolls
Warlock full kit minus pistol eye of the horned rat
(3 lvl 2 warped lightnings a aturn = and a lvl 1 potentially 7 d6 str 5 hits.)

4 units of 29 clanrats full cmd (great to soak up shots from shooty armies tand keeps your characters safe and makes sure u always have ur ranks)
4 units of 25 slaves with musician ( big enough to be hard to panic but not to pricey or big, can also fight weak units, great redirectors)
2 units of 5 night runners ( deploy this first in both of your corners for vp purposes and to make your enemy set 2 units giving you the advantage of knowing where he will be.)
8 jezzails (anti knight/ hvy units)
2 units of 4 gutter runner tunnel teams posioned weapons ( hunt mages Charge them right into enemy units kill their mages so u can lvl 2 WL more, or kill powerful warmachines)
2 WLC (shoot into fights, can be guarded by night runners. SHoot regiments/knights/multiple wound models)

Timeh
18-11-2007, 04:29
I have seen Fubukii list in action.Now it is effective but some armies have a hard time with it. There is heavy magic and nice CCW lord to add a punch.Not to mention having Slaves as LD 10 is freaking amazing and that means they are most likely not running.

heinrichvoncarstein
18-11-2007, 12:24
I would still stick with my lord up top. 6 attacks at strength 8

fubukii
18-11-2007, 22:11
if your really lucky and they dont dispel your bands of power he would be awesome but odds are they will dispel it :P

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
19-11-2007, 05:29
Yeah i have to agree with fubukii on the general. Take something thats a little more reliable. weeping blades, are I think the best weapon for the pts in the book. The blades of black fury, yu are essentially paying like 40 pts for +1 attack over two hand weapons. which in my mind is not worth it. The BoP are cool if you can back them up with some magic that your enemy cant ignore.
Ont he other hand, i wouldnt overlook the use of a seer on a bell. Level 4 witht he teneberous cloak, 4 tokens, and the eye of the horned rat.
Very powerful magic user, and when accompanied by a BSB, makes for a very good unit.
strength lies in numbers with the skaven. so lots of big blocks(25-30) clan rats. sprinkle with slaves ( 3ish units of 25-30) night runniers for capturing table quarters, PWGs for anti nights, cannons, jezzails, and rat packs are waht i like personally, but I havent played in a while, so take it or leave it, but I hoped I helped

500TH Post!!!!!! Yay!!!

fubukii
20-11-2007, 02:28
while the bell and the bsb may be good units, that would be puttting all your eggs in one basket, not only do you have a unit of roughly 25-30clanrats with a full cmd (170pts) u have a 500pts grey seer (600+ vp for your enemy bc he must be your general!) and a bsb probably with the warbanner roughly 100vp. Now thats ALOT OF PTS for them killing one unit (1000-1100 pts to your enemy) In 2k with skaven keep your units cheap but big.

feintstar
20-11-2007, 02:59
What if you just put the banner in another nearby unit? That' d the trick surely...

I had a game using a Screaming Bell and a Stormbanner versus some dwarfs yesterday and unloaded total annihilation simply due to bell effects. (All the artillery died thanks to the bell, and the Gyrocopter got stranded and then killed thanks to the Stormbanner, half the gunners failed Bell initiated panic checks) Then the Bell adds impact hits to a Stormvermin assault, which sends the Bell thundering into the Anvil of Doom skulking behind the fleeing dwarf regiment, doing more impact hits to a unit that had already been weakened by plague...

I think that every game I play now will start with a Bell and a Stormbanner as mandatory, irrespective of everything else...

fubukii
20-11-2007, 05:24
true i suppose that would work but skaven are supposed to be a horde when your spedning 650 pts on 2 models something just doesnt seem skaven :P plus any str7 hit can shatter the poor bell :( (assuming you fail the ward)

heinrichvoncarstein
20-11-2007, 12:29
I have now changed the list and you can see it where the last list was put. I kept the bands of power to be a thing to use to force the opponent to dispel it and then uses up valuable dispel dice

moose
20-11-2007, 20:56
A perfect Skaven Army of Doom...plenty of magic, shooting, unit blocks and eshin warmachine hunters.

1 Warlock Engineer- GENERAL, Warp Blades, Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, EotHR, Warpstone Amulet 130
1 Warlock Engineer- Warp Blades, Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Storm Daemon, 2 Tokens 130
1 Warlock Engineer- Warp Blades, Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Warp Scroll, 2 Tokens 130
1 Warlock Engineer- Warp Blades, Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, 5 Tokens 135

25 Clanrats- FC, Ratling Gun 210
25 Slaves- 50
25 Slaves- 50
25 Slaves- 50
6 Giant Rats- 30
6 Giant Rats- 30
3 Poisonwind Globadiers- 30
2 Poisonwind Globadiers- 20
2 Poisonwind Globadiers- 20

5 Jezzails- 100
5 Jezzails- 100
5 Gutter Runners- Poisoned Throwing Stars 80
5 Gutter Runners- Poisoned Throwing Stars 80

2 Warp Lightning Cannon 200

1995 Points

fubukii
21-11-2007, 06:19
thats a decent list except you have no tunnelers :/ and no leadership, a ld5 general just doesnt cut it, plus warped lightning while powerful is a double edged sword and cant be fully relyed on. Also wpn teams are very sub par and a waste of their points as 1 archer unit will kill all your wpn teams bfore they get into shooting range. also giving slaves msucians is a good idea too :)

SilverWarlock
21-11-2007, 15:26
I agree with fubukii on most points, and that is a good list

I do however like the stormvermin+BSB combo, because its the one proper anvil we can get, and when you are faced with hard hitters (lots of chaos knights, dragon ogres, bretonnians) you realise you might need a unit that can actually take a charge.

I also see no reason for 4 tunnelers, 3 is for cheap units, 5 if you hope to crossfire, 4 is really not that useful.

full SAD doesnt work anymore, the weapon teams are near useless (keep 1 ratling for flyers if anything).

also if you are going with 3 warplock engineers (as explained I would stick to BSB+lord, but supposing you were to do this) I would make sure the warpscroll was in there, it can be very very good against some (actually a lot of) lists.

I dislike jezzails and have been told by many people I shouldnt, but somehow a unit worth over 100 points that I lose to D6S4 hits and that cant hide just doesnt appeal to me. Most of the skaven army relies on numbers to survive shooting and magic, putting out one easy target seems like asking for trouble.

fubukii
21-11-2007, 17:26
i agree on the jezzails but they are very usefull at killing things skaven have trouble with (cavalry!). Now the reasoning behind 4 tunnelers is simple you dont have enough points for 5 :). 4 gives you enough punch to beat those dwarf warmachine crews, while 3, it would be a extremely tough fight.