PDA

View Full Version : My first Undead list 2000p

Kahadras
13-09-2005, 00:15
Well this is the first time I have created an Undead army using the new army book (I used to run undead back in the days when Necromancers were nails and you got all of your options in one book). So without further ado.

Vampire count + extra level, Sword of Unholy Power, Warrior familiar and Ring of the Night = 340p
+19 Skeletons + FC = 177p

Vampire thrall + heavy armour and the Cursed shield of Mousillon = 109p
+ 19 Skeletons + FC = 177p

Necromancer + extra level and 2 dispel scrolls = 150p

Necromancer + extra level and Power familiar = 150p

2 Bat swarms = 120p

6 Dire wolves = 60p

6 Dire wolves = 60p

6 Black knights + barding = 150p

6 Black knights + barding = 150p

1 Banshee = 90p

total = 2000p

casting dice = 9
dispel dice = 5

Kahadras

Alco Engineer
13-09-2005, 01:01
Seems pretty normal and hrady to me. no major flaws. I'd usually take a spirit host rather than a bat swarm but in the end its down to personal preference. I take it you haven't given the skellies light armour or spears? I normally take a few less and then raise them into the unit as they get all of the upgrades of the unit which means they're effectivley worth more points and can last in combat a little loger. I'd suggest Light armour OR spears. Decide what you want to do with them. Eg the ones with the vamps have armour as they'll be in combat. the others have spears as a more defensive unit. Also consider giving your thrall a great wepaon and a nightmare and putting him with a unit of knights. He can be absolutely devistating. I've had one take me from an absolute spanking to a mild defeat practically on his own.

Other than that it looks good.

Have fun with it

Kahadras
13-09-2005, 01:08
Also consider giving your thrall a great wepaon and a nightmare and putting him with a unit of knights. He can be absolutely devistating.

I do agree that giving him a great weapon would be cool but he has a poor armour save and high initative so would going last be a good idea in those circumstances? I could change his magic item around to allow him a great weapon but I am no to keen on puting him in a small unit. As far as I see it he needs to go in a large unit to help with winning the combat which will auto break your opponants (due to fear). What do ther people think? Move my Thrall over to the Black knights? Keep him with the skellies?
I will probably have a redo of the list to add light armour to my skeletons so I will probably have to drop the banshee to pay for it. Keep the comments comming please.

Kahadras

Alco Engineer
13-09-2005, 01:31
I wouldn't drop the banshee. Just drop a few skelies and then raise them in the first couple of turns. You can't rasie a banshee and she's always good to keep your opponent on their toes.

WIth heavy armour, and a barded nightmare he'll have a pretty good save plus he'll have the look out sir rule until you lose 2 guys so he should be ok. I find he's great for smashing up chariots etc. If you're concerned about the armour and initiative then give him a lance. that way he can smash things on the charge and still make the most of his sheild and initiative.