18-11-2007, 04:36
Noble- great weapon, dragon armor, gem of courage, ring of fury- 149

Mage- level two, anullian crystal, silver wand- 185

20 Spearmen- full command, war banner- 220

10 Shadow Warriors- champion- 172

Bolt Thrower- 100

total- 998

Work's been harsh, so I don't have a lot of time on my hands to paint and game lately, so I opted for a small elite list compared to the Empire state troops driven lists I'm accustomed to playing.

The plan is to place the noble in with the spearmen, for a good punchy defensive core unit, the ring of fury will keep the unit potent at range, and while mobile in case they need to redeploy. The original plan was to put a reaver bow on him, but I thought better ofit and went for 2 extra turns of further monopolizing the magic phase.

The mage will deploy with one of the shadow warrior units, his use is pretty self explanatory, they will act as shooting support while protecting the bolt thrower from fast enemy units, I trust their being skirmishers will protect them well enough from most enemy shooting.

The second shadow warrior units is going to be tasked with blocking marches and provision of ranged support, along with flank or rear support should things turn bad on the spearmen.

I hope that concentration of firepower and magic will do enough damage that by the time the spearmen and noble are stuck into combat they won't be facing too much opposition.

aenarion67
18-11-2007, 05:12
drop a unit of shadow warriors maybe for another character with shadow armour and a great weapon, or lion or tiranoc chariot.
i to am working on my high elves. we could be warhammer besties!

Little Aaad
18-11-2007, 05:14
This is all your mage needs..

Mage; Level 2, Scroll

I would lose 4 shades in total evenly from both units, so units of 8.

With all of the spare points, make the spearmen 6x4 or maybe even 7x4 depends how many points saved.

CancerSticker
18-11-2007, 20:55
After the first playtest I've tweaked the list a little bit for the 1000 points mark, would have been a massacre if there wasn't a mortar involved, but I still won.

Noble- great weapon, dragon armor, gem of courage, ring of fury- 149

Mage- level two, dispel scroll, - 185

27 Spearmen- full command, war banner- 283

6 Shadow Warriors- champion- 108

Bolt Thrower- 100

total- 998