PDA

View Full Version : Red Corsairs and recruiting

Corporal Chaos
18-11-2007, 09:57
Greetings all. I have searched around and not found an acceptable answer. So here goes. What standards or requirements are needed to be met for Huron to allow a unit of renegade or traitor marines into the Red Corsairs? How do they prove to him that thay are truly "Rogue" now and want to be a part in his empire? Does Blackheart follow them around for several years and document their misdeeds or do they seek him out and ask to join and then pass some kind of initiation and provide the data on what they have done to warrent induction into the Corsairs. Does he offer prisoners and survivors of boarding actions and raids the chance to join or walk the "Plank", if you will.
I am mainly curious because I want to build a small force of CSM or Renagade SM that are eing joined by Huron as an HQ but they are not officially Corsairs. As official as one can get I guess. How does he pick and choose who flies his colors or who is just another freebooter in power armor.
Thanks gang for any input.
Da Corporal :chrome:

Nazguire
18-11-2007, 10:14
Greetings all. I have searched around and not found an acceptable answer. So here goes. What standards or requirements are needed to be met for Huron to allow a unit of renegade or traitor marines into the Red Corsairs? How do they prove to him that thay are truly "Rogue" now and want to be a part in his empire? Does Blackheart follow them around for several years and document their misdeeds or do they seek him out and ask to join and then pass some kind of initiation and provide the data on what they have done to warrent induction into the Corsairs. Does he offer prisoners and survivors of boarding actions and raids the chance to join or walk the "Plank", if you will.
I am mainly curious because I want to build a small force of CSM or Renagade SM that are eing joined by Huron as an HQ but they are not officially Corsairs. As official as one can get I guess. How does he pick and choose who flies his colors or who is just another freebooter in power armor.
Thanks gang for any input.
Da Corporal :chrome:

Background forum

Anyways, short stories about Huron indicate a very merciless selection program (referencing the BL story about a rogue Astral Claw trying to atone for his sins by killing Huron) (made him kill the White Scar who had just said he wanted to join the Corsairs just to prove his loyalty).

While the new Codex indicates that feats of treachery in the name of Huron will win him over as was the case of the traitor Space Wolves (sorta a contradiction eh?)

Latro_
18-11-2007, 10:25
there was a collection of short stories in a novel gw did years and years ago.
that had quite a good HB type story, i forget the name of it and i'm far too hung over to get it out of the box ontop of my wardrobe.

i think its safe to say being a mercenary army it'd be alot like the hollywood depiction of the mafia, paranoid selection process to start with, are they imperial spies etc etc. The a working up in the ranks as a grunt. I should imagine some kinda of blood oath and ritual to prove loyalty would occur, like Nazguire mentioned or something similar like beheading kittens or whatever they get up to in the malestrom.

why not just make yours corsairs? you dotn have to paint them exclusivly red and black, thats a very 'new' scheme. Oringinally renegades kept their colours but painted replaced armour plates red and crossed out thier chapter symbol.

Of course the orgiginal astral claws had a tiger stripes theme! hehe so maybe its a good idea to do them red and black.

edit: this is the book, it was buggin me
http://www.blacklibrary.com/images/books_medium/intothemaelstrom.jpg

edit edit:

hehe awesome, they have all of the red corsair story as a free pdf:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/maelstrom.pdf

enjoy.

Corporal Chaos
18-11-2007, 12:57
Nazguire, sorry about the wrong forum. Latro thanks for pointing me in the right direction. As for color scheme I have not decided on what I will use but the main rreason is that I have existing modles that are painted and do not want to strip and repaint..Sooo I am looking to make up some backgroung about being recruited. Thanks again. Anymore will be gratefuly accapted.