PDA

View Full Version : If you traced your 'blood line,' where would you want it to go?

Admiral Samuel Eden
18-11-2007, 17:15
Ok now I know that this will have been asked before but I thought I'd start a new thread instead of look through the thousands of existing ones.

Which vampire blood line is the best? I mean their all good but which is the best? Obviously opinions are going to sway depending on the type of army you use but looking at the vampire in terms of the following: magical ability, combat effectiveness, cost, blood line powers, leadership ability. Along with any other benefits they have.
I personally think that von carstein are the best but I know that many would disagree there.

Admiral Samuel Eden
19-11-2007, 06:03
Anyone actually got something to say, i.e. reasons.

Petey
19-11-2007, 06:37
VC have the best tactical flexibility and don't suck at fighting, they re hands down the best of the lot, despite the craziness a BD list can do.

TzeentchForPresident
20-11-2007, 15:11
Von Carsteins as for same reason as Petey said, more tricks to use = harder to counter. I like and used Lahmia ( not anymore, they get wasted vs High Elfs ) but depend a bit too much on the enemy to fail Ld-rolls, they were great fun though when that happend. :D

Admiral Samuel Eden
20-11-2007, 17:07
Yeah, For the purposes of tactical flexibility I would say Von Carstein. Also, being able to extend your range that your army can march is really useful. Personally I dislike the necratch but I know some say their rather good.

sainthale1988
21-11-2007, 09:05
von carstein - for the ring (my best mate yelling die! just DIE! after throwing everything he had at my count + unit of grave guard was pricless!) being a better general in big games, noting bieng a slouch in combat, and a average wizard. + the mordheim one with the rapier is one of the best fantasy models IMHO

last akodo
21-11-2007, 15:18
I have to agree with th VC being the all round best BL. But when it comes to pure ownage both Strigoi, BD and Necharchs are far better. Sadly the Lamians get a bit of a raw deal IMO, their powers tend to be expensive and extremely unrelaible to boot.

Clearly each BL is the best at doing what it is designed for. Which to me is: VC support the army, BD dead killy cc (mainly anti character), Strigoi dead killy CC (mainly anit unit), Necharch uber magic and Lamians shutting down enemy characters.

Admiral Samuel Eden
21-11-2007, 17:04
Fair enough, I still would say that von carstein kick. In my VC army I use a von carstein lord. People don't like that.