PDA

View Full Version : Value of EPIC Domonatrix

Nyarlathotep
18-11-2007, 22:40
Hi,

Im considering selling a Tyranid Domonarix, how much are they worth?

Thanks!

Chaos and Evil
18-11-2007, 22:47
Not much, a fiver at best, more usually about three quid on ebay.

They're close to being the most common Epic Tyranid model

EDIT:

Nowhere near 20 :)

On the other hand, the plastic infantry sprues are worth 15 at minimum, each.

I saw a box containing *TWO* Tyranid plastic infantry sprues sell for 54 last week. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290175155354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019)

Nyarlathotep
18-11-2007, 23:20
Thanks! ive got a few of the plastic sprue's too, ill put them on and see how much they go for!

Patriarch
19-11-2007, 14:53
Nid armies don't usually need more than one Dominatrix.

In the previous versions, every Nid player had one because the rules made them rock hard and the mini was nice. As metal models (therefore easily stripped) most of them survived the intervening years. Hence they are not rare on Ebay, and not in high demand either, so you'd be lucky to recover a fiver even still in the packet.

Plastic models (i.e. the infantry) are less likely to survive the intervening years, especially without a hideous paintjob which can't be removed. Therefore nid plastics are rare, and expensive. Nid infantry still on the sprues go for ridiculous prices. I've got a load but can't bear to be parted from them.

Aside from the Dom, other nid metals are fairly rare and therefore fairly expensive. The cost, from most expensive to least, is approximately in the following order:

Nid infantry on sprues
Unpainted assembled nid infantry
Unpainted Metal nids NIB
Painted & assembled nid infantry
Metal Nids painted or unpainted (out of packet)
Dominatrix (any condition)

Obviously it depends how many of each.

In short, I think your best course of action is to PM me so I can buy the infantry off you ;)

daemonkin
20-11-2007, 12:52
Infantry on sprue can be worth about 10-20 if you get the right bidders. I would however suggest you send them to me just for authentication purposes :D

D.

Senbei
22-11-2007, 18:46
I have an old 5-sprue marine box set somewhere... The one that had land-speeders, termies and robots on it, complete with square bases. I was given it by a staffer a while after Epic had fled the stores. Poor ole game.

Patriarch
25-11-2007, 08:53
PM'ed you back Nyarlathotep!

Grizzled
14-12-2007, 07:29
Man, I have so much of this stuff sitting around unpainted...probably 10-15 sprues of nids and maybe 60-70 sprues of eldar, marines, squats, plus tons of metal...as I inherited everything when my gaming group split up and went off to college. But I don't think I could ever bear to sell it, somewhere in the back of my mind I swear I will get it all nicely painted one day!