PDA

View Full Version : Night Gobbo Heavy O&G - 2000 Points

Arguleon-veq
19-11-2007, 01:05
I have my Fantasy Head back on with the new High Elf release and my mate picking up an entire Tomb King army out the blue the other day.

So i decided to finish my Dwarfs for some nice fluffy battles vs High Elves. I'll be buying another Skull Pass box set for some cheap models and that will leave me with an extra 60 Night Gobbos so i thought id tinker with my O&G list too. Currently is an even mix og Light Cav, Orcs and Night Gobbos but i love Night Gobbos so heres what i was thinking.

Skarsnik - 205

Night Gobbo Shaman[Gonads Grabber] - 135
Staff of Sneaky Stealing.

Night Gobbo Shaman[Shrooms] - 125
Mad Cap Mushrooms,
2 Magic Mushrooms.

Black Orc Boss[Gobrot] - 111
Shield,
Heavy Armour,
Nibblas Itty Ring.

19 Orcs - 168
Full Command,
Extra Machine.

10 Orc Arrer Boys - 60

23 Night Gobbos - 114
Joined by Snik and Gonads.
1 Fanatic,
Full Command.

29 Night Gobbos - 157
Joined by Shrooms,
2 Fanatic,
Full Command.

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets.

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

5 Squig Herds - 150

20 Black Orcs - 343
Full Command,
Shields,
Nogs Banner of Butchery.

5 Wolf Riders - 71
Musician,
Spears.

5 Spider Riders - 71
Musician.

2000 Points

162 Night Gobbos,
50 Orcs,
10 Cavalry.

6 Power Dice +
2 extra power dice for 1 turn,
+ 2 Bound Spells.

5 Dispell.

The list has a lot of models in and a little fire support. Im happy with the balance of magic I have, its decent on the defense andcan be really potent offensivly, especially with Skarsniks bound spell [which early in the game should pump out about 8 S6 shots]The Netters can either support my Orc or my large Gobbo units. The Squigs and Black Orcs are my hard hitters and should be able to deal with most things.

Any suggestions on changes?

Freenut
19-11-2007, 05:07
I have my Fantasy Head back on with the new High Elf release and my mate picking up an entire Tomb King army out the blue the other day.

So i decided to finish my Dwarfs for some nice fluffy battles vs High Elves. I'll be buying another Skull Pass box set for some cheap models and that will leave me with an extra 60 Night Gobbos so i thought id tinker with my O&G list too. Currently is an even mix og Light Cav, Orcs and Night Gobbos but i love Night Gobbos so heres what i was thinking.

Skarsnik - 205
Great. Can act as a anchor for you units. LD 8 for gobbos is great.

Staff of Sneaky Stealing

A must.

Night Gobbo Shaman[Shrooms] - 125
Mad Cap Mushrooms,
2 Magic Mushrooms.

Not bad but I would give him Nibblas ring and a staff of sorcery instead. Beefs your magic defense up and allows you to make your other character more powerful in combat.

Black Orc Boss[Gobrot] - 111
Shield,
Heavy Armour,
Nibblas Itty Ring.

I would give him the best basha and spend the rest of his points on protection or stuff like the kickin boots or iron gnashes. Don't give him the ring as you want this fellow in combat.

Another thing to consider here might be a goblin BSB with the raggedy banner. Sure he wont kill much but if you keep him near Skarsnik and keep your goblins with in his leadership bubble you will almost never have to worry about panic.

19 Orcs - 168
Full Command,
Extra Machine.

Good but consider finding points to give them shield or extra choppas.

10 Orc Arrer Boys - 60

Not a great unit but useful. If you give them a boss they become a bit better if they get in combat.

23 Night Gobbos - 114
1 Fanatic,
Full Command.

29 Night Gobbos - 157
Joined by Shrooms,
2 Fanatic,
Full Command.

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets.

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

fine but try to find points for netters on Skarsnik's. Also never felt a goblin champion was worth it as you are paying 8pts. for one extra attack when instead you can get 2 extra goblins and have 2 points left. It has been my experance numbers is more important than attacks for goblins

5 Squig Herds - 150

I alway like hoppers better as you move faster (most of the time ) and are a lot more useful running up the flanks. Still not a bad choice though.

20 Black Orcs - 343
Full Command,
Shields,
Nogs Banner of Butchery.

Love it.

5 Wolf Riders - 71
Musician,
Spears.

5 Spider Riders - 71
Musician.

Perfect.

The list has a lot of models in and a little fire support. Im happy with the balance of magic I have, its decent on the defense andcan be really potent offensivly, especially with Skarsniks bound spell [which early in the game should pump out about 8 S6 shots]The Netters can either support my Orc or my large Gobbo units. The Squigs and Black Orcs are my hard hitters and should be able to deal with most things.

Any suggestions on changes?

Very Good list overall. Would say it need twicks more than any changes. Hope this is helpfull.

Arguleon-veq
19-11-2007, 16:08
Thanks for the feedback, it was very helpful. I forgot to put down that those normal Orcs had extra Choppas. Heres a re-worked list based on your suggestions -

Skarsnik - 205

Staff of Sneaky Stealing.

Night Gobbo Shaman[Shrooms] - 135
Staff of Sorcery,
Nibblas Itty Ring.

Black Orc Boss[Gobrot] - 91
Shield,
Heavy Armour.

19 Orcs - 168
Full Command,
Extra Machine,
Extra Choppas.

10 Orc Arrer Boys - 60

23 Night Gobbos - 141
1 Fanatic,
Musician + Standard,
Netters.

29 Night Gobbos - 157
Joined by Shrooms,
2 Fanatic,
Full Command.

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets,

20 Night Gobbos - 95
Nets.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

20 Night Gobbos - 60
Bows.

7 Squig Hoppers - 105

20 Black Orcs - 343
Full Command,
Shields,
Nogs Banner of Butchery.

5 Wolf Riders - 71
Musician,
Spears.

5 Spider Riders - 71
Musician.

1992 Points

Im undecided on the Hoppers, I figure the rank bonus would come in handy for the Squig Herd and even though the Hoppers are skirmishers a few deaths from missile fire will really weaken the unit. It did save me the points for more nets though.

Freenut
19-11-2007, 18:17
Nice. Very solid. You are right about the hoppers but unless you roll really poorly you can use cover to help. Also you do have to be a little patient with them but it has been my experience that they can pay off big especially on a rear or flank charge. Plus your opponent can't ignore them which limits what he uses against the rest of your army. If he is shooting at hoppers instead of orcs so much the better. Also if you have the 8 left spend them on goblins if you have them. If not toss in a unit champ somewhere.