PDA

View Full Version : Brass Scorpion

Mercer
19-11-2007, 13:49
Where can I get one from? Can't seem to find one on GW's site :(

Mercer

Cirenivel
19-11-2007, 13:59
either wait for the conversion kit (will come to GW stores in some time) or get adefiler and start converting.

By the way, the brass scorpion set only contains an extra set of defiler legs.

Cirenivel

Wraithbored
19-11-2007, 14:42
You'll need a defiler plus an extra leg sprue. And don't GW stores acctually stock the conversion kit?

Oh and be sure to use brass scorpions vs. the steel fury squadron. Hehehehe kamikaze superheavies!

ChaosMaster
19-11-2007, 16:29
Check out the links in my signature below for ideas if you want to convert a Brass Scorpion. I built my first one back in August of this year and have been teaching other people who were interested in basing their own on my design since then. Since it's a conversion you can build it any way you like using any parts or kits you like, my way is just one way. There are a lot of copies of my basic design out there now as I've given clinics at my local GW store and shared my written directions with people, some of them GW managers, from all over the country. I'm building a third Brass Scorpion tonight at my local GW Battle Bunker game club night so that anyone who would like to join in or see how it's done can do so. Good luck with your own project if you decide to go ahead. Post some pictures when you're done!

Dreachon
19-11-2007, 16:42
1. convert your own from whatever source you can get your hands on.
2. wait until GW release a corversion kit for it
3. wait for the FW version.

Mercer
19-11-2007, 17:03
Hmmm I was told on C'Tan Support group I need 1 & 1/3 Defilers, which is 70 for two which is a lot of money.

I'II prob wait until/if a conversion kit comes out as I'm not prepared to pay 70 for two Defilers, one which I only need the legs of.

Thanks guys, and I'II look at the guide as well.

Mercer

ChaosMaster
19-11-2007, 17:16
Thanks guys, and I'II look at the guide as well.

You're welcome. It can be a bit expensive, and I feel your pain. In the US, two Defilers is normally $110! You might get lucky and find some kits at a bargain price if you look around. I used two Defilers to build my Scorpions. The first two were bought years ago when it first came out and one of those at a dented box sale, so the cost of the first was about $70 US. The kits for the second were a gift for running a builders' clinic and the third one I'm about to build came about because someone I know offered me two Defilers for slightly cheaper than the cost of one. Good luck, mate, however you decide to proceed!

Filthy O'Bedlam
20-11-2007, 06:26
The Brass Scorpion is relatively easy to proxy or convert out of non-GW models with a few GW bits. There is a Scorpion Transformer that works perfectly. The reason i say this is that I am thoroughly unimpressed with the rules (400 point Khorne Daemon Engine with WS3?) so there is no way I am paying over $100 to convert Defilers.

Obviously a proxied Transformer is something you want to ask your opponent about, but I feel like it stays within the spirit of Apocalypse. (And the spirit of poverty)

Cheers