PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Lezard... No Kissing of the toad allowed, princesse be warned!

XaraX
19-11-2007, 15:34
Once upon a time, a Slann Toad decided to fart away some magic and wage war with it... gather around children, as I tell you the tale of a cruel–croaking-crackpot-and-cramped Toad and his cold blooded, yet quite retarded warriors...

As they came, the fetid smell of farted magic clouded the land and upon the horizon, you could glance at ... equipped with... and costing [???] with the tactical purpose of ...

Heroes
1 - Slann, Plaque of Dominion, Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power, Army standard
450pts. magic farting leader who just doesn't die that easely... lovely!

Core
16 - Saurus with musician and standard
210pts, protecting the mighty Toad of death!

15 - Saurus with standard
192pts, covering left flank

15 - Saurus with standard
192pts, covering right flank

10 - Skink with blowpipe
10 - Skink with blowpipe
10 - Skink with blowpipe
10 - Skink with blowpipe
4 X 60pts, screening and blowpipe-ing!

Special

3 - Kroxigor
174, left flanking the left saurus unit
3 - Kroxigor
174, Right flanking the right saurus unit

3 - Terradons
105, flying around for warmachine, rear charge and harrasing

Rare

2 - Salamander
130pts, between the center saurus guard and the left saurus unit, spitting acid!
2 - Salamander
130pts, between the center saurus guard and the right saurus unit, spitting acid!

... and with the magical might of his ...
7 Power dice, at +1 to cast
5 Dispel dice, at +1 to dispel
both with the "transferability" of carrying over 2dice from one phase to the other...

... the toad wondered to the gods : "Is my army worthy to you?"

gerrymander61
19-11-2007, 16:26
Yes. You have a solid idea for a list here: Big strong units all flank supporting each other with skinks, terradons, and salamanders to help out. I especially like the 2x2 salamanders. However, one Slann Mage Priest that isn't second gen will not cut it for the magical dominance you seem to be aiming for. With just him solo, try to make him a 2nd generation. Better still, make him fourth generation, and add a skink priest for magical support. What I would do to make points for this would be to drop the two supporting Saurus units down to 12 models and then deploy them in 6x2. It looks like you intend to use these guys are for hitting flanks, not for holding charges, in which case they don't need to be so big. The next thing I'd do is drop one unit of skink skirmishers. While there's no downside in having so many, I think that you'll get along just fine with 3. I'd also make one of them skirmish and then give that one Javelins. If nothing else, you'll have the option to deal with artillery heavy armies or to march block nicely if the opportunity comes up, and if not, then you can still use it for screening.

Ok, so you now have... 125 points: 60 for one less unit of skinks, 72 from the saurus you cut, -10 for making a unit scouts, and 3 because that's what you had left over. 100 buys you a naked level 2 skink priest, but more importantly gets you some more magic phase dominance. You now have 25 points left. Hmmm. I'd consider dropping the standards off the smaller Saurus units because you REALLY want that 4th Generation on your Slann. Miscasts are too brutal to risk suffering with a 450 point lord.

Consider the stuff I've just said. If you decide to change your list, post it up here again. I'd like to see how this list progresses. IMO, you have a solid idea for your list.

Good luck

Malorian
19-11-2007, 18:30
As said above, upgrade your lord's lvl. Personally if they aren't 2nd gen I'd rather use the points on skink priests.

XaraX
19-11-2007, 19:07
ok... first of all, thanks a lot... both for the positive remark and constructive proposition... now... on toward modification...

here, were I play, armies are preferably around 6/4 power/dispel... you see 8/5 and even 10/6 but that last one is ratter rare and kindda toying with the limits of current tournament rules. Thatís why I though that skink priest would be cool but maybe too much... still... 2 little lvl 1 couldn't hurt much now could they? sadly the carrying over of power/dispel must be made with the slann model only [not much of a breaker but I could have enjoy using their dice for Super Toad here!]

anyway... why 6X2 and not 5X2... is it because standard human/elven base are just ok to touch both side of the first and 6th model? cause I though 5 saurus model base was large enough... [just wanna make the most of of any reduction]... but i'll consider that this is the reason.

drop 6 saurus... 72pts... +3 that was left over... 75pts... ok.. now dropping those standard in those left and right units of saurus was already on my mind... so we got ourselves 99pts...

I'm not really fond of scouting [skink already move quite fast, with all the skirmishing benefit to close in faster with the blowpipe... ans their's hardly ever somewhere to hide in fantasy... onlike 40k where the sharks with laser pewpew can take cover everywhere!]

99pts... I could go for a Third generation and use drain magic as a dispel basis [my old VC army got neutralised by those elven bee-tches quite offen because of that single messy spell] but I wouldn't get any extra skink priest here now would I...

99pts...

maybe drop the standard in the big saurus unit [I'll still have the army standard anyway] for 113pts... drop a unit of skink for +60pts... and...

173pts, minus 2 lvl1 Skink priest and the fourth generation for Toady... 3pts left!... looks like this...

Heroes
1 - Slann, fourth generation, Plaque of Dominion, Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power, Army standard
490pts. magic farting leader who just doesn't die that easely... lovely!

1 - Skink priest
65pts, pesky little bastard named "Tic"!
1 - Skink priest
65pts, pesky little bastard named "Toc"!

Core
16 - Saurus with musician
198pts, protecting the mighty Toad of death!

12 - Saurus
144pts, covering left flank

12 - Saurus
144pts, covering right flank

10 - Skink with blowpipe
10 - Skink with blowpipe
10 - Skink with blowpipe
3 X 60pts, screening and blowpipe-ing!

Special

3 - Kroxigor
174, left flanking the left saurus unit
3 - Kroxigor
174, Right flanking the right saurus unit

3 - Terradons
105, flying around for warmachine, rear charge and harrasing

Rare

2 - Salamander
130pts, between the center saurus guard and the left saurus unit, spitting acid!
2 - Salamander
130pts, between the center saurus guard and the right saurus unit, spitting acid!

9 Power dice, at +1 to cast
7 Dispel dice, at +1 to dispel
both with the "transferability" of carrying over 2dice from one phase to the other...

what do you think?

brambleten
19-11-2007, 20:50
dont put the salamanders behind units, you need to be able to get those artillery dice acid attacks off at as many units as possible, and just remember that they can be thrown into combat and come out alive ( thats what your 2 str 5 + skink attacks are for per salamander)

Kyle
20-11-2007, 00:54
Great list, might find the 12 Saurus on the left flank a little small so make sure you have at least one unit of Kroxigors there to lend a hand otherwise a very solid and mobile Lizardmen list, one of the best I have seen.