PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone doing with their spare lions/horses

gorenut
19-11-2007, 19:39
I just noticed the HE chariot boxed set comes with both horses and lions. GW usually only gives you enough to build one or the other, so you're bound to have leftovers of one or the other.

The first thing that comes to mind is if you get multiple white lion chariots, you might be able to use the horses to convert Reavers.

25 dollars for the chariot and getting a totally extra pair of steeds is really attractive and tempting me to start a HE force.

zak
19-11-2007, 19:46
I'll be using the horses to replace old ones and the Lions.....for warhounds or possibly Sabretooths for my Ogre Hunter's as those are not the best.

MalusCalibur
19-11-2007, 21:07
The horses are going to Silver Helms, much better than the dire steeds they have available currently.

MalusCalibur

W0lf
19-11-2007, 21:15
Their dire horses complement their dire stats.

There is no reason to every take silver helms instead of dragon princes. EVER.

brambleten
19-11-2007, 21:15
im keeping both and interchanging them so i can use either tiranoc or white lion depending on the oponent, as i will probably get another and do the same, so i can field 2 of the same or different ones.

gorenut
19-11-2007, 21:19
Too bad there isn't a cheap way to harvest parts from the chariot without the chariot itself. if I had enough of the chariot riders, I can easily see them converted into Spearmen, Seaguard, or White Lions. The horses could be used to fullfill all the other steeds barring Dragon Princes (their models are already gorgeous). I guess I'd have to find a use for the lions.

gorenut
19-11-2007, 21:20
Their dire horses complement their dire stats.

There is no reason to every take silver helms instead of dragon princes. EVER.

Yea, if I were to have those horses, I'd use them as Reavers. Seems more fitting since they don't have barding.

paspinall
20-11-2007, 16:00
Well I have a single chariot box and a Dragon, with a little work I now have a mounted Archmage on Dragon and a Prince on steed, and still a spare horse.

Emissary
20-11-2007, 16:37
I bought 7 of the white lion chariots. Used 4 of the boxes to make a unit of white lions mounted on the lions and use them as Chrace Dragon Princes. Then I repackaged the chariot and sold the tiranoc chariot at the store at a discount.

Phoenix Blaze
20-11-2007, 16:57
I haven't seen the sprues, but I'd hope you can get the horse and lion sprue separate from the boxed set via mail order.

So yeah, I play woodies, and I want to use those awesome lions, so I thought, as much as they're hardly forest animals, wild riders riding lions would be amazing!

Sylass
20-11-2007, 16:57
Yeah, I'd probably use the lions to build the odd unit of lion cavalry too. Plastic horses could be used to replace older plastic mounts from previous editions. Sound like a decent box for you HE players. :)

*edit*
Oh, in case you don't know what to do with your spare lions, PM me. ;)

Duck Dodgers
20-11-2007, 17:04
Yea, if I were to have those horses, I'd use them as Reavers. Seems more fitting since they don't have barding.

That was my plan... I received the new Army box as a gift. As I already had enough Silver Helms, I was going to take SH rider bits, mix in some archer bits, and get a batch of Wood Elf horses and make Reavers. I'll use the 2 Chariot horses to make "commander" horses for the reavers, and 8 horses makes a total of 2 squads of 5 reavers. I have to get a few spare SH bits to fill out the extra 2 riders, but I can do that...

bhusus
20-11-2007, 18:01
I'm only getting those chariots for the lions - I'll probably end up picking up 3 to get a total of 6 lions which I somehow plan on incorporating into my Space Marines - luckily for my brother, who plays HE, I have no use for the chariots so he can have them and the horses.

Aenarion
21-11-2007, 00:54
I'm interested in the elves with the lion cloaks, for a project.

Finnigan2004
21-11-2007, 02:31
I am hoping that the lions will be available for bits order, so that I can use them in my lycanthrope army.

chivalrous
21-11-2007, 05:36
Not having the book I wouldn't know, but is there still an option to give the Tiranoc chariot extra horses? I figure a Lion chariot plus a 4 horse Tiranoc chariot might be an idea. One slow lumbering one to distract the enemy while the shockingly fast horse drawn one hits them in a flank.

Kerill
21-11-2007, 06:10
I've been breeding my lions and horses (seperately now, didn't work out in a mixed cage) I'm expecting my horses to foal soon so I'll have plenty more. They go through flock like crazy when they are pregnant though.

Kloud13
21-11-2007, 06:32
Not having the book I wouldn't know, but is there still an option to give the Tiranoc chariot extra horses? I figure a Lion chariot plus a 4 horse Tiranoc chariot might be an idea. One slow lumbering one to distract the enemy while the shockingly fast horse drawn one hits them in a flank.

Sorry, there is no option anymore to add additional beasts to either of the Chariots in the new book. I had thought of that myself actually, except I was thinkin about 4 Lions pulling a Chariot. mmmmmm 4X2 Strength 5 Attacks, Plus 2 more from the Crew.... but no, Can't do it.

Cirrus the Blue
21-11-2007, 07:29
I just noticed the HE chariot boxed set comes with both horses and lions. GW usually only gives you enough to build one or the other, so you're bound to have leftovers of one or the other.

The first thing that comes to mind is if you get multiple white lion chariots, you might be able to use the horses to convert Reavers.

25 dollars for the chariot and getting a totally extra pair of steeds is really attractive and tempting me to start a HE force.

At least for use with the lions, slap on a funky marble paintjob (it's easier than you'd think to accomplish that) and put them on the table as statues! :D This is assuming you enjoy making and painting terrain. :rolleyes:

- Cirrus

empireguard
21-11-2007, 09:19
I hope selling them to ME :)

Edit: So I can add them to my Imperial Zoo project