PDA

View Full Version : caledor themed high elves 2000

Lord Asuryan
19-11-2007, 20:37
Prince Altherien the defender: star lance, Vambraces of defence, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed, lance

Dragon mage Leireath the flame-seeker: level 2, Guardian Phoenix

Mage Velhris the wise: level 2, Silver wand, annulli crystal

the defenders of caledor
(20 spearmen)
full command

the scourge of evil
(10 archers)

the honor guard
(5 Dragon Princes)
full command
banner of ellyrion

the blades of Saphery
(18 Swordmaster)
full command
banner of sorcery

the Vengeance of Ulthuan
(repeater bolt thrower)

the Vengeance of the Skies
(repeater bot thrower)

Afraithemnash, Great Eagle

Power dice: 6+d3+free dragon mage dice
Dispel: 4+1

This army is supposed to be based in Caledor (obviously) and therefore includes both a dragon mage of caledor, and dragon princes. I'd like to stick to this theme, without sacrificing too much in the way of effectiveness. any advice would be appreciated, I'm just starting with the new High Elves.

brambleten
19-11-2007, 20:41
drop an RBT and add 10 spears. split the spears to 2 X 15, so you can protect you flanks of your SMs

Lord Asuryan
19-11-2007, 20:49
is that really smart, though? I lose a lot of shoot power, esp. against monsters.

brambleten
19-11-2007, 20:53
if you harrass monsters enough stopping them march etc with the eagle, then continually big bolt them as they trundle up the field (or in the case of dragons fly). against a monster that can fly, either take the mods i suggested and hope for 1st turn so you can get 2 big bolts off, or use your list and hope for 1st turn so you can take it down 1st turn with bolts to spare. there arent many people who are willing to field big monsters at bang on 2k pts though, so you could get away with it

Lord Asuryan
19-11-2007, 20:54
I suppose, then, that RBT's aren't as good against rank and file troops as they look on paper?