PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Dark Elf army

Caligula
20-11-2007, 13:01
Hey all. This is my attempt at making a Dark Elf army. It will mostly be concerned with fighting against Orcs and Goblins at the moment, but is made to be an all-comers list anyway. Here it is...

Dark Elf Noble-
Halberd
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Lifetaker
*replaces one crew member in one of the Cold One Chariots

Sorceress-
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Reapeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders-
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

15 Executioners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Draich-master

Cold One Chariot-
Spears

Cold One Chariot-
Spears

TOTAL-1000pts.

Thoughts?

Caligula
20-11-2007, 13:12
Or, there's this list I just made.

Sorceress-
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders-
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

Cold One Chariot-
Repeater Crossbows
Spears

15 Executioners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Draich-master

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

TOTAL-999pts.

Thoughts? Which list do you prefer?

brambleten
20-11-2007, 13:20
you need a solid, core, put some spears in the second list, maybe take out the chariot

AUN'SHI
20-11-2007, 13:34
I would say your first list is better. I'd take out 2 chariots and put in 2 RBT instead. Your army seems to be a kinda shooty one, stick closley to that. maybe put your lord on a coldone.

I think the EX are good but maybe have 20 spear elves in their place. They both have the same armour save but the spear elves are way cheaper and you can have more of them. they can make a good protection for your mage.

In 1000 pts your gonna have to fight some calvery units with your present army I don't see how you can really deal with a big charge. RBT's will take that problem out of the way for ya. :evilgrin:

Caligula
20-11-2007, 15:01
Okay, thanks for the responses, guys. I'll work on fixing up the list, and I'll post a revised one asap.

AUN'SHI
20-11-2007, 15:09
I think this is the point cost. EX are 11 pts each and 6 pt for mus 12 for stan and 12 for champ DE spearelves are 7 pts each 5pt mus 10pt stan 10pt champ.

EX are 195 pts full command 15 strong

Spearelves 165 pts full command 20 strong

30 pt difference wicked :)

Caligula
20-11-2007, 15:14
Okay, how about this?

Dark Elf Noble-
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Crimson Death
*goes with Spearmen

Sorceress-
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak

20 Dark Elf Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Lordling

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders-
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

TOTAL-997pts.

Thoughts?

AUN'SHI
20-11-2007, 17:52
I think we have a winner:D

Looks pretty good for 1000pts.

now your set againt anything someone tried to throw at you.

your lord can protect your unit. Your mage can shoot balls of death. and your RBT can insure your pretty much safe from cavarly.

All in all a nice lookin army imo for 1000pts :)

Little Aaad
20-11-2007, 20:15
*Slaps head* Well, your first list is your strongest. You should have kept the executioners and chariots. Rather than make your list shooty, it works better with combat. We'll start here:

Dark Elf Noble-
Halberd
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Lifetaker
*replaces one crew member in one of the Cold One Chariots

This is good. The LT + Chariot combo is a good one. The LT is brilliant for taking out those indepentant mages and can soften units up really well for the chariot to deliver a punch. The two chariots acting as a hammer unit with this lord in it will win games for you, just as long as you can protect them.

Sorceress-
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak

This is also fine. With Executioner bodyguards the mage will provide you with magic protection. I would take a seal of ghrond here, though.

*10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Repeater Crossbows

10 Dark Elf Warriors-
Reapeater Crossbows*

This is your substitute for warriors with spears. With a range of 24" these guys can not and will not support your force. The DE work well with speed and at this moment in time, only half of the force uses it.

5 Dark Riders-
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

The best unit you have. Cheap, maneoverable and effective. I think the RCB are a waste of points, however in this list. I think that supporting your force as a whole, and preparing to refuse them their ranks and shields, RCB are unnecessary.

15 Executioners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Draich-master

Yep, though maybe 3 more, for 6x3 for additional attacks. 7 is definatly enough when charging to supply a one hit wonder.

Cold One Chariot-
Spears

Cold One Chariot-
Spears

As mentioned above...

All in all, if you take spear warriors, two RBT's may need to be used with all the excess points. If you want, I can PM you the exact points in order to make it work.

Remember the Dark elves Strengths and Weaknesses.

Strengths:
Elite units
Tremendous speed
Good on the charge
Accurate long range firepower
Scouts
Assasins
Leadership

Weaknesses:
Toughness
Expensive
Armour
Survivability
If not striking hard enough, units will break (with the exception of Black Guard)

SV_Harlequin
20-11-2007, 20:26
I prefered the first list aswell. It moves fast enough to take care of anything that could be a threat to the Executioners. and the 2 Warrior Regiments have enough shooting, if you feel you need more though only drop 1 Chariot for a Bolt Thrower. With 1 normal Chariot and the Noble's one you have enough to cover the flanks at speed.

chris yun
23-11-2007, 23:54
yeh thats pretty good.......