PDA

View Full Version : a couple of rules questions.

Stezerok
20-11-2007, 13:47
1. I was under the impression that there was Instant-Death or some clause like Instant-Death in WHFB. MY friend had said that my str 6 attacks could not have killed his multi-wound Elf right off because there wasn't any Insta-kill in this. Is this correct? I could not find it anywhere but I'm sure I'm pretty blind.

2. with a unit of bowmen, or shooters of some sort. If you have formed them into ranks, then is every rank allowed to shoot? I had remembered hearing someone say that only the front rank was allowed to shoot unless the unit was on a hillside, though I also could not find this ruling in our rulebook... Thanks for your guys' help!

Artemis
20-11-2007, 14:46
1. There is not an instant death rule in WHFB. Some models, units or items may have the special rule "killing blow", but that has nothing to do with the strength of the wound.

2. Onless on a higher position or looking up at a higher position/large target only the front rank may shoot.

Griefbringer
20-11-2007, 18:14
Artemis is correct on both points.

On first one, I could add that there also weapons (eg. cannons) that can cause more than one wound on a target.

Crube
20-11-2007, 18:21
And as an add on too point 2, there are models that may have the special rule that enables more than one rank to shoot, but they are few and far between

alextroy
21-11-2007, 00:13
1. There is no such rule. There is the Killing Blow special rule along with numerous items and war machines that cause multiple wounds that might kill a character in one hit.

2. See the LOS rules for which models are allowed to shoot. Generally, only the first rank of a unit can shoot as only they have LOS, but there are general exceptions to this rules (notably Large Targets and units on hills).