PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Battle: Apocalypse Units by BoLS

bigred
20-11-2007, 18:26
http://bp0.blogger.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/RzK0pzf5hHI/AAAAAAAABCw/E_2HpUFelaA/s320/lordsofbattle.jpg

We just put up Lords of Battle (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/11/play-aid-lords-of-battle.html). Its 2 dozen Apocalypse datasheets for lots of everyone's favorites from epic. Have fun with these toys guys!

Imperium
Reaver Titan
Legion Fellblade
Imperial Guard Leviathan
Imperial Guard Capitol Imperialis
Imperial Guard Deathstrike Missile Launcher
Knight Castellan
Knight Paladin
Mechanicus Ordinatus Mars
Mechanicus Ordinatus Golgotha
Mechanicus Ordinatus Armageddon

Eldar
Phantom Titan
Warlock Titan
Towering Destroyer Knight
Bright Stallion Knight

Orks
Great Gargant
Slasha Gargant
Digga Stompa

Tyranids
Dominatrix
Exocrine
Malefactor
Dactylis

Chaos
Cannon of Khorne
Cauldron of Blood
Silver Towers of Tzeentch

-Enjoy

Killgore
20-11-2007, 18:29
we thanks you :)

TheOverlord
20-11-2007, 18:39
The Gods bless you and your kin forever!

Culven
20-11-2007, 19:05
I have some issue with the Leviathan.
First, I thought that it carried Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters, not Lascannons in the sponsons.
Second, why is the Doomsday Cannon called an Earthshaker cannon? That will just confuse people since it doesn't have the same rules as the Earthshaker Cannon carried by the Basilisk. Also, I would have thought that the Doomsday Cannon would have been more of a giant Demolisher Cannon. Perhaps 36" SD AP1, 10" Blast would be more appropriate, possibly with the Linebreaker terrain destruction rules?

Baneboss
20-11-2007, 19:19
Its 41st millenium not 40th millenium...

Son of Makuta
20-11-2007, 20:12
This looks like pretty fun until GW bring out their own. I doubt we'd ever see some of 'em in official datasheets as it is. Well done BoLS :D

Xandros
20-11-2007, 21:29
We chide GW for not playtesting well, but honestly, some of this never saw any playtesting at all.

I love Silver Towers, they're way cool. This is way cool, love the "Castle in the Sky" rule, but it feels weird. The warp cannons have too short range to be of much use. If this is meant to back marching rubric marines then it's not very desirable. Also, the Beam of Power isn't really up there with other titan weapons, which I feel it should be :cries:

Chrysis
20-11-2007, 22:02
On another note about the "Castle in the Sky" rule is it intended for the towers to still gain skimmer moving fast even though they only move 6"?

TwilightOdyssey
20-11-2007, 22:11
Fantastic layout, and a great set of datasheets, or spring boards for your own ideas!! Thanks!

Rabid Bunny 666
20-11-2007, 23:15
I'm liking that Ordinatus...

freelancer
20-11-2007, 23:21
There is no emoticon that can describe what im feeling, bravo sir bravo, may the emperor keep and bless you

freelancer

Lord-Gen Bale Chambers
21-11-2007, 00:00
I have been inspired to create a leviathan for my troops :)

Maximuspandem
21-11-2007, 00:10
Rules for knights are so cool, not massively over powering but still tasty...

Nice one.

Shibboleth
21-11-2007, 01:32
Thanks bigred & BoLS. These are great. :cool:
Leviathan, Capitol Imperialis, Cauldron of Blood and the Dominatrix are all units I'm excited to see, although I'd have to second Culven's issue with the Leviathan's Doomsday Cannon, etc.

Now let's see the Colossus and Cyclops variants... :chrome:

bigred
21-11-2007, 02:02
Changes are coming to the Leviathan's main gun (the "Doomsday Cannon"; I must have been drunk when I typed its current name), and there is a great design discussion over in the comments section of BoLS regarding the Deathstrike if any of you design-oriented types want to chime in.

-bigred

Ddraiglais
21-11-2007, 03:40
While I love the rules you guys have come up with, I take issue with what you are calling it. How can you call it Lords of Battle without including a Lord of Battle? LOL Good job anyways.

bigred
21-11-2007, 17:16
Version 1.02 just put up. Fixed a number of issues (thanks for catching stuff guys!) and tweaked a few units for fluff/balance.

Ozendorph
21-11-2007, 18:06
Hey there. I posted a comment on the site, but it wasn't responded to (probably due to the flurry of Deathstrike comments). I'm pretty sure the Paladin needs a second structure point to be considered a superheavy (of course that would have to come with a bit of a points increase). Also, if you want to stick to the fluff he should have a head-mounted shock lance.

The picture you used for the Castellan is actually a Warden. You may have realized that and just liked the Warden model better (I sure do).

Disciple of Caliban
21-11-2007, 18:14
Havent read version 1.02, but noticed in version 1 that the eldar titans had no holofields, i assume this was just an oversight? please give my beloved Warlock the shields it deserves.

great work overall though, thoroughly enjoyed reading the datasheets, and seeing the old models (oh the memories)

dcikgyurt
21-11-2007, 19:13
Having had a read, thank you, thank you very much! :D

TheBedla
21-11-2007, 19:29
Hey there. I posted a comment on the site, but it wasn't responded to (probably due to the flurry of Deathstrike comments). Also, if you want to stick to the fluff he should have a head-mounted shock lance.

The picture you used for the Castellan is actually a Warden. You may have realized that and just liked the Warden model better (I sure do).

I second that - the Imperial knights could use a re-think. The Paladin should have a coaxial autocannon (it is barely visible in this picture), and a shock lance - someone on Warseer proposed the stats of a heavy flamer, which suit it well, I think.

However, keep the Paladin at 1 Structure point. Maybe he'd deserve the Knight shield - the Void shield is only in his Front (or maybe the front 180)

Other than that, brilliant work!

Xandros
23-11-2007, 01:37
I'm putting up a link on my site to discuss mainly the Silver Tower. Come join me :angel:

Filthy O'Bedlam
23-11-2007, 05:09
Very Well done. I now have a Jawa Sandcrawler inspired Leviathan well under construction. Must buy a camera.

Cheers, Filthy