PDA

View Full Version : chariot and character

highelfmage
20-11-2007, 18:59
what happens to teh chariot if the character dies that was mounted?

ref page would help

can a mage that is fleeing keep its remain in play spell?

again ref page is helpful.

Festus
20-11-2007, 19:10
Oh, cool! Someone who has to learn how to spell and write properly.
Thank you... :(

To the questions:

1st Nothing happens to the chariot. It is hard to give a page reference for a rule which does not exist and is not even needed.
2nd p.110 details in which instances a RiP spell stops working - if the spell description does not say otherwise.

Festus

vampires are cool!
20-11-2007, 19:17
In the case of characters mounts, when said character dies the mount, unless it is a monstrous mount, it is also removed just for conveniences sake - the horses pulling a chariot would be assumed to have fled.

In the case of the spell, see Festus.

Festus
20-11-2007, 19:23
Hi

In the case of characters mounts, when said character dies the mount, unless it is a monstrous mount, it is also removed just for conveniences sake - the horses pulling a chariot would be assumed to have fled.
What a bunch of nonsense, I am afraid :cries:

The chariot simply stays in the game normally, the only difference is that it's US goes from 5 (usually) down again to 4.

Festus

PS: In the case of steeds (mounts with 1W on its profile), they are removed with the rider as is normal for cavalry models - see p.7 of the BRB

empireguard
20-11-2007, 19:27

I have to say I disagree. In fact the tombkings chariot specifically states that it hangs around after the Characters death. The O&G chariots also have crew with the character so have no reason to flee/be removed.

The rule book states that only models riding a steed are removed as one model.

vampires are cool!
20-11-2007, 19:29
Oh, well i'll remember that in future.

highelfmage
20-11-2007, 23:11
can a chariot do anything if no rider is present?

Fate
20-11-2007, 23:40
If no rider is present it can't do anything. Kinda like, if you have a car it won't move on it's own (unless you forgot the hand break but then you won't like it moving on it's own :P ).

Masque
20-11-2007, 23:44
There is no rule stating an unridden chariot doesn't do anything.

theunwantedbeing
20-11-2007, 23:45
In the odd situation of you havign a crewless chariot you simply use the leadership of the steeds (or general if near enough) and the chariot is free to move normally.
You fight it as normal, the only difference is there is no crew so the highest weaponskill(the only weaponskill) is the steeds pulling it.

Cant find any rule to say that a crewless chariot cannot move....5th edition that could happen as they were able to be killed seperately from the thing....the steeds at least anyway. A steedless chariot could not move.

Festus
21-11-2007, 05:22
Is there even a way to have a crewless chariot apart from the TK character's chariots (for which it is spelled out in their rules)?
Generally chariots have 2 crew, of which one will generally be replaced by the character. As the other crewmember cannot be killed seperately, you cannot end up with an undestroyed crewless chariot (ex: TK)

Festus

Tutore
21-11-2007, 06:30
I second that: is there a chariot where the character replaces both (or even more!) crew? I don't remind anything about that. Apart from TK.

empireguard
21-11-2007, 08:13
Is there even a way to have a crewless chariot apart from the TK character's chariots (for which it is spelled out in their rules)?

Just the Waraltar but it's not spelled out for him.

But really it magic, so you know magic steers the horses or Sigmar or the horses are really smart, one of those.

T10
21-11-2007, 10:29
Well, the chariot typically falls back on the steeds' ld, which adequately represents the models tenuous discipline...

-T10