PDA

View Full Version : Harad and Rohan

weilyn
20-11-2007, 20:07
I noticed something when I looked through my LotR rulebook.
The Warriors of Harad had exactley the same profiles and equipments as the Warriors of Rohan, but still they cost 1 point less than them.:wtf:
Can somebody explain this?:confused:

huron
20-11-2007, 21:39
it is probably because harad warriors have to be equipped with spears or bows for 1pt and evil are supposed to outnumber good.

weilyn
21-11-2007, 07:18
it is probably because harad warriors have to be equipped with spears or bows for 1pt and evil are supposed to outnumber good.

I dont really understand what you mean. If the models were identicall, shouldnt they have the same points cost?

Cal585
21-11-2007, 08:37
Ah this question... I think it all boils down to what weapons options they have available. The Rohirrim therefore pay an extra point to be able to take a shield (along with throwing spears and bows) etc. where as Haradrim Warriors can only take a Spear or Bow. This ability to make the models stronger is seen as worth more by GW and thus they give them a higher cost (maybe because the Rohirrim can actually stand up in combat this way). Preferably the Haradrim should be raised an extra point (what with poisoned arrows and all) but at the moment the evil player has options for some cheap infantry.

Mikey_Vengeance
04-12-2007, 06:06
Two words... throwing spears. Heheh

Beragond
22-12-2007, 17:28
You know the box sets for 15? I was looking though them at my local GW on sunday and I noticed that in the Gondor boxset you get 24 Warriors and in the Easterling boxset you only get 20! I don't know why this is as they have exactly the same profile and you have to pay the same price for the same things, spear, bow and banner. So why do you get less in the Easterling box than the Warriors of Minis Tirith when their profiles are exactly the same? Does anyone else think that this is stupid or is it just me?

Gondorian
23-12-2007, 15:07
Well they did something similar with the fighting Uruk-Hai set where there are only 20 models in the set. Seems to me like they just didn't have any spare room on the sprue else they'd have put another four in.

Shadowphrakt
23-12-2007, 23:04
You know the box sets for 15? I was looking though them at my local GW on sunday and I noticed that in the Gondor boxset you get 24 Warriors and in the Easterling boxset you only get 20! I don't know why this is as they have exactly the same profile and you have to pay the same price for the same things, spear, bow and banner. So why do you get less in the Easterling box than the Warriors of Minis Tirith when their profiles are exactly the same? Does anyone else think that this is stupid or is it just me?

I think they did this because The easterling spear can be used as a pike, and i don't think they wanted it to be to easy for people to put lots o'pointy hedges on the battlefield...

Beragond
24-12-2007, 09:11
Yeah, but I still think that in ever 15 box set you should get 24 models, becuase it just seems fair, I was also hoping that they would bring out a box of 24 High elves as I was thinking of starting a high elf army and it would be cool to get 24 of them.

Shadowheart
24-12-2007, 15:45
I reckon Gondorian has the right idea. The additional seperate pieces on the Easterling sprues require more space and make for more elaborate models.
I could see High Elves coming on sprues of 10, what with those large shields. Plus I could imagine they'd want to do the heads seperately to get the helms right.

Beragond
24-12-2007, 15:54
Yeah you do have a point, the easterling weapons are quite big, the same as the elves shields, can't they just make bigger boxes though?

C-Coen
24-12-2007, 19:20
Just look at Warhammer Fantasy mini's.
You only got (nowadays mostly 10 for less money, but you used to get) sometimes 12/mostly 16/sometimes 20/sometimes 24 mini's in a way more expensive box. Why? Seperate pieces. You get weapon options, mini's with a torso, seperate legs, seperate arms (with different weapons), seperate heads..
A box with 12, such as Chaos Warriors, has big figs. Some kind of Goblins, being smaller with less components, has many guys more.

This is the same for LotR. Uruks have huge pikes, making them take more room on the sprue and so less mini's. The scouts don't have that problem, so they have 24. IIRC, Easterlings have bigger spear/pikes, and they have seperate quivers, taking more room on the sprue etc.

Beragond
24-12-2007, 19:58
So the number of models that you get in a box set is down to how many they can fit on the sprue then. Well yeah Uruk-Hai and Easterlings do have bigger weapons, I see your point now, they only have a certain amount of space on the sprue. My friend used to collect Uruk-Hai but he stopped collecting becuase their pikes kept braking, which was really annoying.