PDA

View Full Version : trantula

srgt. gak
21-11-2007, 05:18
Im currently trying to scrap build a trantula lascannon an i need to no what kind of stats its got, you know how many times can it fire, can it move, whats the armour level. can anyone help me?

ArtificerArmour
21-11-2007, 05:24
Yes it's in Imperial armour.

azimaith
21-11-2007, 05:29
Im currently trying to scrap build a trantula lascannon an i need to no what kind of stats its got, you know how many times can it fire, can it move, whats the armour level. can anyone help me?

If you want some hints on how to scratch build one look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42kSxJBITmk

The rules are in IA1.
No, people can't just give you the rules nor can they PM them to you. Its intellecual property laws.

Just in case you were wondering.

azimaith
21-11-2007, 06:11
IA has the targeting modes. Don't post stats and points values, its against Warseer policy.

llama rider
21-11-2007, 06:29
kudos to azimaith. if you're too cheap to buy ia then dont field a tarantula.

jfrazell
21-11-2007, 12:21
In addition to IA, you can always play them via regular IG rules as

1) the heavy weapon for a squad.

2) a gun servitor.

srgt. gak
21-11-2007, 15:10
okay didnt no about the stat policy .and the blue table painting video was indeed helpful, but id already watched it, but thnx anyway. but yes i am indeed cheap but hey fw is expensive.

Frep
21-11-2007, 15:20
Is the tarantula going to be in Imperial Armour apocaplypse? Oh well I'll just go check.

EDIT: Nope. to bad really could of been kind of useful.

catbarf
21-11-2007, 16:53
Tarantula, Ta-RAN-chuh-LUH.

Like the spider.

It's in quite a few IA books if I recall correctly. It's in 5, at least.

RexTalon
21-11-2007, 17:11

Like the spider.

What? You didn't like the way he spelt tranchula? Well, maybe he comes from a place where they have their own spelling of charantula. Did you think of that before you made fun of his spelling of trentula? :D

Tell ya what, OP, I made one out of the spare parts from a Land Raider Crusader and fielded it in a few games. In areas where you can funnel people it works well enough. Use it in house games and make your own rules. Just be sure to get your opponent permission before fielding it.

obithius
21-11-2007, 18:21
kudos to azimaith. if you're too cheap to buy ia then dont field a tarantula.

Forgeworld has Imperial Armour 1 for 48 pounds.So I'm definately too cheap to buy it,i.e. I don't have a lot of money. I don't appreciate being called cheap just because I have a family to support.
Plus,I have several tarantula models from 2nd edition,and don't expect to have to pay 48 pounds just to use them.

Cirenivel
21-11-2007, 18:38
Forgeworld has Imperial Armour 1 for 48 pounds.So I'm definately too cheap to buy it,i.e. I don't have a lot of money. I don't appreciate being called cheap just because I have a family to support.
Plus,I have several tarantula models from 2nd edition,and don't expect to have to pay 48 pounds just to use them.

Well, then you have a problem.
One things that certain is that you can't get the rules to use them from here.

Cirenivel

jfrazell
21-11-2007, 18:44
Again, just use them as regular heavy weapons mount. others might resort to having a friend copy the sole page they would be using, but that would be wrong ;)

And catbarf 1) people do occasionally mispell words or type poorly (did I mispell any just now, er); 2) they may have English as a second language; 3) no one appointed you the Grammarian Ninja. If you don't have anything relevant to the topic or nice to say then maybe you should enjoy your pre-thanksgiving time away from the thread.

Ozendorph
21-11-2007, 18:47
"if you're too cheap to buy ia then dont field a tarantula."

Wow. Obviously we cannot reprint rules here, but there's no need to be so nasty about it.

Sparda
21-11-2007, 18:54
Dosent FW make softcover versions of IA for $20 USD? Because my store has quite a few of those...

Frep
21-11-2007, 19:01
I think that the soft cover version, is actaully even older than IA 1 and is out of date. I'm not sure where I hear this though.

azimaith
21-11-2007, 19:06
You can look at the soft cover IA updates contents for the tarantula.

the1stpip
21-11-2007, 19:39
Can we cut the crap about people being cheap. Some people have a higher disposable income than others.

I don't have a lot of money due to family. I am afraid some people have a life outside of the hobby

Frep
21-11-2007, 19:41
Oh the soft cover does have the rules for the tarantula. Thats good to know.

kanluwen
21-11-2007, 19:43
I'm a student working full time in addition to college and I can afford Forgeworld stuff. It's just about saving for what you want and shopping around. The Warstore usually has FW for list price but with a good sized dsicount.

TheOneWithNoName
21-11-2007, 19:50

Like the spider.

The rules from IA3 and IA4 are unique to Elysian regiments.

RexTalon
21-11-2007, 20:09
I'm a student working full time in addition to college and I can afford Forgeworld stuff. It's just about saving for what you want and shopping around. The Warstore usually has FW for list price but with a good sized dsicount.
Negative!

The Warstore doesn't discount FW stuff, because they don't give it to him at a discount. However, I do support Neal, so buy all your crap from him.:)

That is, unless you're too cheep! :p Or are you too cheep to be cheep. Cheepskate! lol This threads gunna get locked from all the rules asking and name calling and spelling nazi...ing...

catbarf
21-11-2007, 20:19
And catbarf 1) people do occasionally mispell words or type poorly (did I mispell any just now, er); 2) they may have English as a second language; 3) no one appointed you the Grammarian Ninja. If you don't have anything relevant to the topic or nice to say then maybe you should enjoy your pre-thanksgiving time away from the thread.

Take a look at the 'Submit Reply' button. Now look about 2in. to the right of it.

Tarantulas are, in my opinion, not very good. It's either extremely short range or limited fire arc and short range. Perhaps they might be good in a CoD game, but even that's a stretch. The only redeeming quality is the armor, but just about everything can still take it out- either with a heavy weapon, plasma gun, or Gauss or S4.

srgt. gak
22-11-2007, 15:12
okay people it was like two in the moring when i last left you guys, and sofar ive been called cheap, had my spelling made fun of, and some of you need to realize that im only 14 i dont have the money to put out on exspensive fw rulebooks, nor do i find spelling my highest goal when im tired. Now with that said some of you have been helpful. Now seeing as ive only played 4th edition, i dont know about the sofcover book but please tell me more about it and where i can find one. Now i do think that i will use rextalons idea, does anyone find the front armour 12, side armour and rear armour 10 unreasonable? now all you people in the states happy thanksgiving and i hope you eat well and are fat and sassy by tonight.

pookie
22-11-2007, 16:44
okay people it was like two in the moring when i last left you guys, and sofar ive been called cheap, had my spelling made fun of, and some of you need to realize that im only 14 i dont have the money to put out on exspensive fw rulebooks, nor do i find spelling my highest goal when im tired. Now with that said some of you have been helpful. Now seeing as ive only played 4th edition, i dont know about the sofcover book but please tell me more about it and where i can find one. Now i do think that i will use rextalons idea, does anyone find the front armour 12, side armour and rear armour 10 unreasonable? now all you people in the states happy thanksgiving and i hope you eat well and are fat and sassy by tonight.

hey, ignore the comments.

yes front armour 12 is a little high. youd be best saying its a twin linked wep with armour 10 all round.

Sureshot05
22-11-2007, 16:48

Check out e-bay, its the very cheap one that goes for about 12. I've bought it myself and think its a great little book if you're on a budget. Don't recall tarantula's being in there though.

Gen.Steiner
22-11-2007, 20:49
I don't appreciate being called cheap just because I have a family to support.

Surely your children can go without food for a month or two? ;)

Moriarty
22-11-2007, 21:08
OP:

use vdr rules if you can rely on opponents permission, otherwise look at fielding it as a 'counts as' pair of Servitors for a Tech Marine.

Just my 2d.

chromedog
22-11-2007, 23:09
I think that the soft cover version, is actaully even older than IA 1 and is out of date. I'm not sure where I hear this though.

Actually, I have the softcovers (both of them)AND IA vol1. The softcovers date to 2000/2001. IA vol1 is 2004. The Tarantula is NOT in the softcover of IA. It is, however, in the updates. In the softcover IA book, only three entries had changes to the hardcover.

Turret emplacement - Cheaper
Sentinel powerlifter - Lost power weapons, cheaper
Marauder bomber (bomb details changed).

All other tanks are unchanged (where they are in both). If they are unchanged (points, stats, etc) then they aren't out of date. The Tarantula rules were also published in Citadel Journal (where FW used to trial their stuff) and in Codex: Battlezones Cityfight.