PDA

View Full Version : Current fluff of Fabius Bile?

vforvenator
21-11-2007, 14:02
What has he been doing lately? Has there been any mention or reference to him? I've been out of the loop for a while, and the last thing I recall reading about him a few years back was what appeared to be a huge artificial womb he was operating - so what was in it? And has he done anything else since then?
Thanks for any help,
V

ryng_sting
21-11-2007, 17:01
Nope. He was planning to make some kind of gigantic womb using captured Space Marine gene-seed to birth the next generation of Chaos Space Marines, and nothing further's been said of him.

As an aside, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

different13
21-11-2007, 17:08
Axlotl tanks would be a great thing to introduce to the 40K universe (though weren't people speculating that the Deathkorps of Krieg were reinforced in such a manner too?)

As for Fabulous Billy, I agree that even the vaguest mention would be nice.

Quentin
21-11-2007, 21:17
Probably going around giving Marines, Xenos and other Imperials thier annual "Flu jabs". It's the season, after all.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 21:30
Axlotl tanks would be a great thing to introduce to the 40K universe (though weren't people speculating that the Deathkorps of Krieg were reinforced in such a manner too?)

They were/are?

I take it this is in the Imperial Armour book that has just been released?

Norminator
21-11-2007, 21:45
They were/are?

I take it this is in the Imperial Armour book that has just been released?

Yes, that mentioned (IIRC) that Death Korp were born from artificial wombs to speed up production of men, an idea that personally I really don't like. Death Korps are supposed to be hard as nails humans; they've now become weak, meat grinder Space Marines.

I hadn't heard anything about Fabius using artificial wombs, just the Iron Warriors doing so (Dead Sky Black Sun).

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 21:47
Yes, that mentioned (IIRC) that Death Korp were born from artificial wombs to speed up production of men, an idea that personally I really don't like. Death Korps are supposed to be hard as nails humans; they've now become weak, meat grinder Space Marines.

I hadn't heard anything about Fabius using artificial wombs, just the Iron Warriors doing so (Dead Sky Black Sun).

Does it actually specify what the artificial wombs are?

I've gotten the image of thousands of blank faced lobotomised women in constant pregnancy or labour, rather then test tubes and machines. Wouldn't make them 'weak, meat grinder Space Marines', it just means they are born from a vegetable and don't have any attachments to family or whatever.

Quentin
21-11-2007, 21:56
Does it actually specify what the artificial wombs are?

I've gotten the image of thousands of blank faced lobotomised women in constant pregnancy or labour, rather then test tubes and machines. Wouldn't make them 'weak, meat grinder Space Marines', it just means they are born from a vegetable and don't have any attachments to family or whatever.

... Wha? How could that kind of image come to you? I was thinking more along the lines of a production line of spherical "Bio-Organic" test-tubes myself.

Also Death Korp soldiers spawned from artifical wombs? Lamest idea ever. Hope it's not true.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 22:01
... Wha? How could that kind of image come to you? I was thinking more along the lines of a production line of spherical "Bio-Organic" test-tubes myself.

Also Death Korp soldiers spawned from artifical wombs? Lamest idea ever. Hope it's not true.

How? It's the Imperium. They would do things like that.

10,000 women rounded up, lobotomised, drugged with powerful pain killers and constantly impregnated and forced into hurried labour (they'd speed up pregnancy too I bet somehow) is entirely in character with the Imperium.

Maidel
21-11-2007, 22:04
Anyone else feeling rather ill after reading this?

Norminator
21-11-2007, 22:05
All it says in Imperial Armour V is;

...others such as the enforced use of 'Vitae-Womb' birthing techniques are little known outside of the Adeptus Biologis are are seen as dangerous and abhorrent by many Adeptus Mechanicus Biologis.

Make of it what you will of it, I take it as they are artificially 'grown' from a donated sperm and ova.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 22:09

I'm feeling rather creative actually.

'Vitae-Womb' birth technique could mean anything as I said, but I prefer the brutal, more Imperial solution. Just knock up thousands of zombie women, speed up the pregnancy and you have a soldier-birthing vat akin to Kamino from Star Wars. (yes I know they were cloned but you get my point)

Quentin
21-11-2007, 22:15

Well I should have known better. It is Fabius Bile, after all.

Maidel
21-11-2007, 22:18
'Vitae-Womb' birth technique could mean anything as I said, but I prefer the brutal, more Imperial solution. Just knock up thousands of zombie women, speed up the pregnancy and you have a soldier-birthing vat akin to Kamino from Star Wars. (yes I know they were cloned but you get my point)

Vitae means life - so life womb...

could be artifical insemination, could be artifical wombs, could be anything.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 22:25
Vitae means life - so life womb...

could be artifical insemination, could be artifical wombs, could be anything.

Yeah you're right...

It could be artificial insemination. I doubt that there are thousands of virile males willing to work round the clock on the off chance that they may make a baby with a servitor-female on Krieg. Most likely they and any male is in the Imperial guard.

In order to pump out as many Kriegsmen as is suggested it would have to be logically something very big. Since the the Imperium has banned or outlawed or severely restricts the use of cloning (or rather the Adeptus Mechanicus does) it wouldn''t be cloning.

Seeing as the Imperial bio-tech base isn't exactly wide spread (Space Marines representing the highest facet of known bio-engineering or re-engineering as Thorpe puts it) it might not be a thousand test tubes with embryos in them Star Wars style (though would be infinitely cooler)

Somehow, the thought of a legion of blankfaced, bloodied, scarred, lobotomised females with a dozen cables, fluid injecting needles and a bucket all lumped together in giant facilities around Krieg fits the Imperial bill of 'mass-producing' humans.

Maidel
21-11-2007, 22:31
Or you could go down the route of all women are forcefully artifically inseminated.

Each male is 'forced' to donate once a week and this is tested and purified and 'applied' to ova and inserted into women as soon as they have given birth - thus each women is constantly producing the next pure generation without leaving it to chance.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 22:36
Or you could go down the route of all women are forcefully artifically inseminated.

Each male is 'forced' to donate once a week and this is tested and purified and 'applied' to ova and inserted into women as soon as they have given birth - thus each women is constantly producing the next pure generation without leaving it to chance.

Politically correct rape. I like it.

Maidel
21-11-2007, 22:39
Politically correct rape. I like it.

Well yes, if having metal probes shoved inside you counts as rape :D

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 22:57
Well yes, if having metal probes shoved inside you counts as rape :D

Ok...

Politically correct sexual molestation. ;)

You get my meaning. :D

Maidel
21-11-2007, 23:03
Ok...

Politically correct sexual molestation. ;)

Much better :D

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 23:12
Much better :D

Maybe indeed its some super pregnancy servitor.

Seriously here. Not just thousands of female servitors with pipes and wires and fluids and needles and stuff, but a massive mother servitor that has a womb that can store a dozen foetuses at any one time.

Maidel
21-11-2007, 23:19
Maybe indeed its some super pregnancy servitor.

Seriously here. Not just thousands of female servitors with pipes and wires and fluids and needles and stuff, but a massive mother servitor that has a womb that can store a dozen foetuses at any one time.

Im sure sigmund freud would make a comment about foetal fixation or something here...

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 23:27
Im sure sigmund freud would make a comment about foetal fixation or something here...

Ok. How about a massive 'constantly impregnated servitor that looks like your mum' that pumps out fully grown, clothed, trained and grim faced soldiers with plenty of stubble?

See, doesnt make as much sense.:p

different13
21-11-2007, 23:34
I prefer the vegetable women option, but then I am a huge Dune fan, and anything that brings the 40K universe closer to that is in my opinion great (if done well, obviously)

If nothing else, it's gritty and disgusting, as 40K should be.

I doubt this will ever be explained though (officially).
Not exactly child friendly.

Nazguire
21-11-2007, 23:38
I prefer the vegetable women option, but then I am a huge Dune fan, and anything that brings the 40K universe closer to that is in my opinion great (if done well, obviously)

If nothing else, it's gritty and disgusting, as 40K should be.

I doubt this will ever be explained though (officially).
Not exactly child friendly.

Unfortunately. I'm quite interested in the birthing techniques of loathsome cybernetic monstrosities.

Tehkonrad
22-11-2007, 04:40
yeah you should get some one to look at that fixation of yours

Kandarin
22-11-2007, 07:34

I can't help but feel a random little story coming on here...

-----------------------

The Cardinal's Coin Tavern
City Alpha, Pristina V

The night was a busy one. As busy, an astute observer might have added, as anything on a wasteland like Pristina V could be. The dismal little wreck of a world was the very archetype of a backwater; Nothing of note to the outside world had happened in over four millenia. Nothing of note to the world itself had happened in longer, if the locals were to be trusted. It could almost be believed, with no great effort, that had the planet gone on for much longer in its normal way the Administratum would have forgotten about its existence entirely and stopped collecting tithes.

And then war had come to Pristina. Mad Lord Honorius, the Governor of the hive world of Pristina II, had publicly renounced the Imperium two years past. Strangely, the populace had not seemed to object, and even the planet's Arbites were strangely silent. Fearing the worst, the sector authorities had called for a full-on Crusade to retake the rebel world. Their calls did not go unanswered, and so a continual stream of Imperial Guard regiments, the odd company of Astartes, and (so it was whispered) even more clandestine forces poured into what was rapidly and inexplicably becoming a meat grinder. All of those forces had to resupply somewhere, and so they'd come here, to Pristina V, the soldier's last stop on the road to hell.

At least it was good for business, or so the owner of the Cardinal's Coin had bet. So far he'd not been disappointed. Soldiers on leave always look to spend their pay, and no one in the long bloody history of war ever went broke selling them strong drink. And so, on this night, nearly every patron of the Coin was a soldier of the Imperial Guard. Crowded into the dim barroom were two dozen Valhallan infantrymen, an extremely noisy table of Armageddon tankers, a very large party of Tallarn, and a single lone soldier of the Kriegan 43719th Death Korps, hunched over a tankard of exceptionally strong spirits in a dark corner, his face shadowed by a cloak.

As the night wore on, the patrons became rowdier. This was to be expected. On an average night, by his reckoning, the barkeep would have to threaten to contact the Commissars of at least three regiments, break up at least five fights, and show at least one drunk the door at the point of a very impressive stubber. On this night, though, the only real troublemakers were the Armageddon boys. They were loud, they were violent, they broke the furniture and constantly demanded harder and harder liquor with the promise of more of the same behavior. But their coin hadn't run out, and so neither had they. Neither had they started fighting with anyone but each other. They had sized up the other groups there, and weren't nearly drunk enough to skew those odds.

And then they noticed the Kriegan. What followed was a cacaphony of dirty old rumors about Kriegans shared around the table. Kriegans wore those masks because they were so damn ugly, said one. Kriegans think every planet looks like the hole they live in, said another. A third went into a series of graphic suggestions involving the Death Riders and their horses. A fourth said that Kriegans didn't have any feelings, that they didn't get angry, or scared, or anything like that. That last one must have sunk in, because the man who repeated the rumor was goaded by the others into testing the theory. Naturally, by seeing if the Kriegan could get angry, as opposed to any other emotion.

To the jeering adulation of his peers, the unlucky tanker approached the corner table and shouted an unfortunate combination of words at the top of his voice: "Hey Kriegan! Your mother was a whore!"

The Death Korpsman didn't get angry. Instead, he rose out of his seat and slowly approached the confounded tanker. Turning to the rest of the bar, he said in a loud voice: "Gentleman, this man claims to know about my mother. It is my duty to correct him. Let me tell you who my mother was." He then launched into the longest, most intricately detailed description any man present had ever heard.

Five minutes later, the Kriegan left a five-credit coin on the bar on his way out. He knew it wouldn't pay for the cost of cleaning up all the vomit stains, but it went a long way toward keeping the authorities off his back.

KwisatchHaderach
22-11-2007, 08:00
You have to understand the Imperium is a really, really horrible place. Drugging women and forcing them to give birth to meatshields for their army is just one more crime against humanity committed every day in the service of His Immortal Majesty the Emperor of Mankind.

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 10:30
You have to understand the Imperium is a really, really horrible place. Drugging women and forcing them to give birth to meatshields for their army is just one more crime against humanity committed every day in the service of His Immortal Majesty the Emperor of Mankind.

Exactly. If they have no issue 'growing' brain dead people in tanks to test new organs and poisons and medicines and things on them, they'd have no issue at all with some mad multi-breasted, massive wombed servitor beast to pump out Kriegsmen.

Commander Dante
22-11-2007, 17:52
:wtf::wtf::wtf: wasnt this about Fabius Bile? and i dont have a Chaos Marine codex but im not sure he is even in there so it is a possibility that he has been "written off" and replaced by Lucius as the Emperor's Children poster boy.

Clockwork-Knight
22-11-2007, 18:13
Sure he's still in there. Page 52.

kishvier
22-11-2007, 18:39
I like Fabius a ton! The dude is a crazy scientist that has robotic arms on his back and he is a druggy! He is awesome!

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 20:56
wasnt this about Fabius Bile? and i dont have a Chaos Marine codex but im not sure he is even in there so it is a possibility that he has been "written off" and replaced by Lucius as the Emperor's Children poster boy.

Yeah it was, then the conversation evolved as more people joined in.:D

He's in there, along with some more detailed rules on including his freaks in your CSM army.

He's not Emperor's Children any more. He's freelance.

Maidel
22-11-2007, 21:05
He's not Emperor's Children any more. He's freelance.

Interresting concept. I suppose the same goes for Ahriman - neither of them are truely with their legion any more - but I wonder whether they feel they are.

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 21:19
Interresting concept. I suppose the same goes for Ahriman - neither of them are truely with their legion any more - but I wonder whether they feel they are.

Sincerely doubt that Fabius sees himself as part of the Emperor's Children anymore. He voluntarily distanced himself from the Legion. Ahriman I reckon would think of himself as a Thousand Son still, believing that even his Primarch didn't truly know the sacrifice they'd be making with aligning themself with Tzeentch, or something similar.

Maidel
22-11-2007, 21:25
He voluntarily distanced himself from the Legion

Really - ive never been able to find much on him appart from the little blurb in each codex (which really doesnt change all that much)

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 21:29
Really - ive never been able to find much on him appart from the little blurb in each codex (which really doesnt change all that much)

He distanced himself from the Legion at the Siege of Terra to go and do gribbly things to the Terrans living there in the 'name of science'.

After that he wasn't part of the Legion anymore, he set up his own individual base of operations, hired his services of cloning and genetic manipulation out to the highest bidder and set up protective alliances with each of the Traitor Legions (presumably his own as well).

Been like that for 10,000 years. After ten millennia of isolation from his Legion with no evident intention of going back (seeing as he doesn't seem to worship Chaos, as opposed to the fanatical Slaaneshi worship of the Emperor's Children) I don't reckon he'd consider himself a part of the Legion in anything but gene-seed and heritage.

Maidel
22-11-2007, 21:32
He distanced himself from the Legion at the Siege of Terra to go and do gribbly things to the Terrans living there in the 'name of science'.

You seem to have a great knowledge of things 'gribbly and vulga' :p

Been like that for 10,000 years. After ten millennia of isolation from his Legion with no evident intention of going back

Well if he stuck his head up from the internal organs of various creatures he would notice that the current codex hasnt left much of a legion to go back to...

(seeing as he doesn't seem to worship Chaos, as opposed to the fanatical Slaaneshi worship of the Emperor's Children)

Yea - thats the bit that makes the most sense - he really is a 'chaos undivided' chap (if anything)

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 21:36
You seem to have a great knowledge of things 'gribbly and vulga' :p

I am vulga. I love t3h Vulga

Well if he stuck his head up from the internal organs of various creatures he would notice that the current codex hasnt left much of a legion to go back to...

Current Codex? I'd say Kharn didn't leave much of his Legion to go back to :D

Maidel
22-11-2007, 21:43
Current Codex? I'd say Kharn didn't leave much of his Legion to go back to :D

To be honest - if you read the HH books thats cos angron took them all headfirst into a defended position to take out the loyalists...

Vasteye
22-11-2007, 21:43
ha ha, i love how off topic that got.

According to the new chaos codex (praisebethedarkgods) he's running about the galaxy selling his services to the various chaos legions/warbands and running experiments before releasing them 'into the wild' and moving on. There are inquisitorial teams dedicated to hunting down his various abominations.

He's secured himself a base in the eye of terror on an eldar crone world with a strong gravity well, hinted to be the original eldar home world.

Thats about it. Gotta love an evil scientist

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 21:57
To be honest - if you read the HH books thats cos angron took them all headfirst into a defended position to take out the loyalists...

I was talking more about the Battle of Skalathrax.

Maidel
22-11-2007, 21:59
I was talking more about the Battle of Skalathrax.

Nope - that one doesnt ring a bell...

Nazguire
22-11-2007, 22:03
Nope - that one doesnt ring a bell...

World Eaters and Emperor's Children were fighting on Skalathrax. Freezing cold nights. As night fell the two sides fell back to their shelters. Kharn grabbed a flamer and burnt down said shelter.

By morning most of the Legions were either dead or fragmented into warbands.

Maidel
22-11-2007, 22:05
World Eaters and Emperor's Children were fighting on Skalathrax. Freezing cold nights. As night fell the two sides fell back to their shelters. Kharn grabbed a flamer and burnt down said shelter.

By morning most of the Legions were either dead or fragmented into warbands.

I assume he was either 'that damn hard' that the cold didnt bother him - or he was warming himself by the nice toasty fire.

Im very much and imperial player - im not so hot on the background of the chaos bunch.

Biomass Denial
23-11-2007, 06:22
It was a garrgh im really angry and your all soft ignore the cold or you die moment.

And its also the source of his"Main, Kill, Burn, Main, Kill, Burn, Main, Kill, Burn, Main, Kill, Burn, Main, Kill, Burn" thing

Commander Dante
23-11-2007, 14:23
The word is Maim

Rabid Bunny 666
23-11-2007, 17:09
Erm, back on topic ;)

The "Womb" thingy mentioned about Fabius is actually a minor warp entity he cut a deal with, although we don't know what the Daemon gets back in return. He uses it to tweak Genes and stuff, it was in the WD "Heroes and Villains" article on him IIRC.

heretics bane
23-11-2007, 18:26
Kinda like in Battle Star galactica where the cylons have hundreds of woman drugged up and are constantly giving birth to the next generation of the cylons.

As for stolen gene seed didnt the iron warriors(i think?) attack the home world of the emporers sycths and stole all there gene seeds

Woodrow_McWood
09-04-2008, 08:35
I've got what is probably a pretty basic question regarding the fluff of fabius. Does he worship any chaos god in particular? Does he even worship the chaos gods? I know he used to be an Emperor's Child, but he seems more interested in genetic manipulation than worshiping chaos.

Melchor
09-04-2008, 08:51
Wow. Talk about threadnomancy! :D
But it's a good question so I'll answer it.

Fabius Bile (or Fabulous Bill as I like to call him) was indeed one of the Emperor's Children (see 'Fulgrim'). He isn't dedicated to any Chaos power. He's merely experimenting on everything and everybody he can lay his hands on trying to create the perfect warrior.
He needs resources of course (slaves, genestock etc.) so he hires himself to any Chaos Legion that will pay his price.

Woodrow_McWood
09-04-2008, 14:02
Yeah sorry about bringing this baby back to life, but thanks for the answer. :)

heretics bane
09-04-2008, 16:24
I'm feeling rather creative actually.

Sounds very Battle star galactica style, with the cyclons knocking up women in "farms" and using the off spring to do stuff with.......