PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Kate Nash?

Jomee
21-11-2007, 17:56
I do, I like a lot of her songs, I think I may love her. I like the new one she has released as a single, even the video. Am I gay?

vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsFAc-yDbe0

The pestilent 1
21-11-2007, 18:47
I was gonna ask who Kate Nash was, but I know here as "That cute singing one" :p

Can't say I have any real like for her music, but I've nothing against it either, and will sit and listen if it comes on.

swordwind
21-11-2007, 18:56
I think she should be slowly fed into an industrial thresher.

Necrontyr
21-11-2007, 18:58
She reminds me of a british version of Jenny Lewis, not original, but pretty good.

Stella Cadente
21-11-2007, 19:00
thats a face you'd love to see hit by a bus, and someone should cut her vocal cords to rid the world of her voice

Greatoliver
21-11-2007, 19:21
Nope, nadda, no.

Not my kind of stuff.

athamas
21-11-2007, 19:28
looks nice.... not that keen on the music!

lord_blackfang
21-11-2007, 19:47
If you love her, the only reasonable course of action is to stalk her.

teh_soldier
21-11-2007, 19:49
Nope, cannot stand her. Not sure why, just really can't listen to her.
When the radio plays her when I'm driving in to college, I automatically change the staton to anything else.
As I said, not really sure why, maybe cos I think she's really just a rip-off of Lily Allen.

Arnizipal
21-11-2007, 20:14
As I said, not really sure why, maybe cos I think she's really just a rip-off of Lily Allen.
Can't stand Lilly Allen. That first song of hers drove me up the wall.

Kante Nash is ok. I wouldn't buy any of her albums but I won't change the channel when she's on the radio.

Jomee
21-11-2007, 20:16
Nope, cannot stand her. Not sure why, just really can't listen to her.
When the radio plays her when I'm driving in to college, I automatically change the staton to anything else.

:p Ironic that I like this girl but i'd like to see Lilly Allen tied up and left to starve in a basement. And her dad.

I think that first song that Kate Nash released on single was a Streets rip-off, and was rubbish (good chorus though), but I like most of the stuff on her album.

Did someone manually bleep my original post? :rolleyes:

If you love her, the only reasonable course of action is to stalk her.

I think that's pretty reasonable actually, but I'm very lazy.

Norminator
21-11-2007, 20:31
I personally feel that Kate Nash and Lily Allen should reennact the bathroom scene from Saw, except instead of the handcuffs being around their feet they should be around their necks.

t-tauri
21-11-2007, 20:47
Did someone manually bleep my original post? :rolleyes:There is a swear filter. Please don't triple post.

chromedog
21-11-2007, 21:09
She seems cute enough, but I'd only ever watch a video of hers with the sound off.
That voice just grates on me.

Can't stand Lily Allen, either.

Jomee
21-11-2007, 21:30
There is a swear filter. Please don't triple post.

ok. I'm sure didn't swear though.

Ghod
21-11-2007, 21:38
I like her for how bad she is...

'birds can fly so high or they can s*** on your head
almost fly into your eye and make you feel well scared
but when i look at them and see that there beautiful
yeah, thats how i feel about you'

Theres something totally retarded but quite likeable about those kind of lyrics...

Fenriz
21-11-2007, 21:40
I think she should be slowly fed into an industrial thresher.

Pretty much. Kate Nash can go take a bath with the toaster as far as im concerned. Cant stand her. She has no talent. :mad:

Lily Allen.

Another talentless waste of space. I truly do hate her and her music. Worse still i was born on the exact same day as her. It makes me feel dirty inside. :cries:

Bloodknight
21-11-2007, 21:47
After watching that video my eyes hurt.

Well, I am obviously not a fan. Don't like her voice as well as her looks. I also have a problem with the British accent in songs. With me having been raised in the American zone of occupation in (West) Germany, the British accent just sounds wrong to me ;). That said, I've got nothing against the Brits (my favourite online Brit being MDG, he's a cache of interesting and funny idioms :))

Mad Doc Grotsnik
21-11-2007, 22:02
Well, she's not Lily 'Mockney slag' Allan, which is a good thing, but she's not quite KT Tunstall, which is a shame.

Give her time. Foundations was a good song....

feeder
21-11-2007, 22:06
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thank you!

The pestilent 1
21-11-2007, 22:10
Well, she's not Lily 'Mockney slag' Allan, which is a good thing, but she's not quite KT Tunstall, which is a shame.

Give her time. Foundations was a good song....

I can only listen to one song she wrote (Least, I assume she did, but whatever) and that's a cover of it..
(Black horse and the Cherry Tree I think it's called?)

Wolf Scout Ewan
21-11-2007, 23:35
While her style is not my thing I can appreciate how others would like her stuff.

Despite being a bit of a nu metal type person I do like THIS (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOxZgiVgqU).

Its not about being "****" or whatever the new street put down is, its about appreciating what someone was trying to produce. The gods of metal are gonna strike me down with a thunderbolt any time now...

forgotten hero
22-11-2007, 06:53
she looks nice, but reminds be of Lilly Allen, so no

-Rob

Jedi152
22-11-2007, 07:35
How does thinking you're in love with a female singer make you gay?

The one or two songs i've hard aren't too bad. And i like Lily Allen. And KT Tunstall. Sorry to buck the trend.

I don't mind Lily's mockney accent, and barring those stupid gold hoop earrings, she's pretty hot.

ozzfan
22-11-2007, 08:13
Dreadful music. Terrible lyrics. Cannot sing. Ugly Bint.

The end.

firestorm40k
22-11-2007, 08:34
Her voice irritates me.

And don't get me started on Lilly 'it's easy to get a pop career when you're dad's a famous actor and can pull strings for you' Allen.

:(

ArtificerArmour
22-11-2007, 08:44
I was gonna ask who Kate Nash was, but I know here as "That cute singing one" :p

Singing eh? That's what she does? I thought it was just a bird giving us pub banter over a loud bit of music behind her.

COZ THEY ARE MUCH FIT-AAAAAH!

Fenriz
22-11-2007, 11:01
Singing eh? That's what she does? I thought it was just a bird giving us pub banter over a loud bit of music behind her.

COZ THEY ARE MUCH FIT-AAAAAH!

:D Agreed.

She doesnt sing. She butchers the english language to a backing tape.

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 11:04
:D Agreed.

She doesnt sing. She butchers the english language to a backing tape.

And (For example) Korn, don't? ;)

Mind you I had forgotten that particular song, and I am just playing devils advocate.
I do have an astounding ability to put up with total nonsense (After nearly Twenty one years of being me I'd have to) so..

Fenriz
22-11-2007, 11:14
As i said in the "What music do you like?" thread, all mainstream music regardless of genre is guilty of it. I just cant stand the chavvy illiterate dirge that seems to come out of her mouth. People shouldnt be allowed to talk like that. :p

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 11:33
As i said in the "What music do you like?" thread, all mainstream music regardless of genre is guilty of it. I just cant stand the chavvy illiterate dirge that seems to come out of her mouth. People shouldnt be allowed to talk like that. :p

Let's be fair here.
The English language isn't exactly the Paragon of purity in the first place :p

As I say, she's cute (Except for that fringe. I get irritable when I can't see someone's whole face) and she doesn't make me want to damn her entire nation for her outright "GRARGHHHFLARGEN!" ness.
(Yes. You Avril Lavigne)

reds8n
22-11-2007, 11:44
. Terrible lyrics. Cannot sing.

From an Ozzy Osborne fan ! Gotta love internet irony.

Foundations was alright I guess, not impressed with anything else she's released. " I drink cups of tea" WOW! Fascinating.:rolleyes:

Fenriz
22-11-2007, 11:45
Avril Lavigne is forgiven because shes really rather cute. Haha.

Few tattoos on her and she would be perfect.

Sojourner
22-11-2007, 12:51
Well, she's not Lily 'Mockney slag' Allan, which is a good thing, but she's not quite KT Tunstall, which is a shame

I just came in to say that KT's music sucks, but she's fit as.

Jomee
22-11-2007, 12:52
One thing I find very confusing about this thread is the criticism of her voice. Where is this girl from? Luton? Essex? Is it really such a despised accent? Conversely, where are all the haters from? I'm I to presume you're all public school survivors? You all speak RP or something? I really hate the voice that a lot of the yoof put on these days (some sort of wierd, fake, ghetto dirge), but I don't really hate the voice that Kate Nash sings in. It's better than pretending to have an American accent, which is what a lot of singers use when singing (it's ok to use this accent if you're American).

Jedi152
22-11-2007, 12:57
I think the problem for many is that she seems quite posh, and it sounds like she's putting on the accent to sound more 'street'.

Bombot
22-11-2007, 13:01
She is from London. She's hardly alone in making her accent 'even more London' though.

Anyway, when the heck did chav = having a London accent :wtf:

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 13:02
I think the problem for many is that she seems quite posh, and it sounds like she's putting on the accent to sound more 'street'.

Given the over pronunciation of her words, she either has some bastard child accent or is putting it on. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYOl4YQ4nI)

Jedi152
22-11-2007, 13:43
Anyway, when the heck did chav = having a London accent :wtf:
Is that aimed at me?

Bombot
22-11-2007, 13:46
Is that aimed at me?

No (stone my lack of quoting).

I was referring to Fenriz mentioning "the chavvy illiterate dirge that seems to come out of her mouth".

THE CHIEF
22-11-2007, 13:46
I think I might love her too. I'm also too lazy to stalk her though :(

From Shadows
22-11-2007, 13:58
I do, I like a lot of her songs, I think I may love her. I like the new one she has released as a single, even the video. Am I gay?

vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsFAc-yDbe0

Yeah your gay...... :p ;)
Not my kind of music.

Fenriz
22-11-2007, 14:39
No (stone my lack of quoting).

I was referring to Fenriz mentioning "the chavvy illiterate dirge that seems to come out of her mouth".

Its not her accent that makes it sound chavvy, its the way she speaks. The words she uses, and the sentence structures. It sounds like chav speak. And i cant stand it.

Damien 1427
22-11-2007, 16:05
Put me down for "feed her into industrial thresher" too. Along with Lily Allen.

Head first.

Norminator
22-11-2007, 16:14
Put me down for "feed her into industrial thresher" too. Along with Lily Allen.

Head first.

Head first? Why not feet first, to prolong that agony!

Damien 1427
22-11-2007, 16:25
Because it'd shut her Mockney trap.

kortholaxthedamned
22-11-2007, 16:29
Can't stand her personally. Same with Lily Allen and, to a lesser extent, the Arctic Monkeys (but they make up for it by having songs I actually like). If I wanted to hear about chavs and their exploits I'd read the paper.

Sojourner
22-11-2007, 16:30
Head first?

Yes please. Might as well get my money's worth.

Jomee
22-11-2007, 16:35
Can't stand her personally. Same with Lily Allen and, to a lesser extent, the Arctic Monkeys (but they make up for it by having songs I actually like).

The Monkeys are awesome, though I must admit I didn't like their style the first time I heard them. They've released a new one too http://youtube.com/watch?v=2A2XBoxtcUA

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 16:35
It's at times like this that I wish I could feed on hate.
I'd be unstoppable. :p

Norminator
22-11-2007, 16:40

I feel the same, but instead of hate I wish I could feed on inane music :p

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 16:41
I feel the same, but instead of hate I wish I could feed on inane music :p

Together we could rule the Universe :p

kortholaxthedamned
22-11-2007, 16:47
Together we could rule the Universe :p

But then Norminator would be feeding off inane music, which would make Pestilent 1 hate him, grow stronger, and not need to share the universe with anyone.:p

Norminator
22-11-2007, 16:52
But then Norminator would be feeding off inane music, which would make Pestilent 1 hate him, grow stronger, and not need to share the universe with anyone.:p

With the amount of inane music about I don't think there is any risk of Perstilent's hate eclipsing mine :D

kortholaxthedamned
22-11-2007, 16:55
With the amount of inane music about I don't think there is any risk of Perstilent's hate eclipsing mine :D

So it would be some kind of clash of the titans, with one combatant fighting with an enormous hatred, the other with the new Spice Girls song blaring out at him. :)

DaViEsW
22-11-2007, 18:11
Crap singer. Hot though.

Wintermute
22-11-2007, 18:21
ok. I'm sure didn't swear though.

But you did use a word which is banned on WarSeer.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

teh_soldier
22-11-2007, 18:50
Hmm just realised a particular reason I don't like her. She intentionally stresses her accent when she sings, which doesn't happen naturally (usually). Also seems to be more spoken-word then singing, just like she's saying the words quickly rather than singing them (kinda like Ruby Wax did when she did Leader Of The Pack, which was hillarious and quite good infact.)

The pestilent 1
22-11-2007, 18:56
So it would be some kind of clash of the titans, with one combatant fighting with an enormous hatred, the other with the new Spice Girls song blaring out at him. :)

Now, I didn't literally roll on the floor laughing, but I did almost fall of my chair :D

And there is ofcourse, Always something for me to hate ;) :p

Damien 1427
22-11-2007, 19:45

I just wish I could hate someone to death.

I'm having to make do with giving them migraines.

RavenMorpheus
22-11-2007, 21:03
Hmm another manufactured and cloned pop "singer".

I personally can't stand the majority of "pop/mainstream" music and won't listen to it if I have a choice.

\m/ Irons all the way.

Jedi152
23-11-2007, 07:48
Don't you people ever bored of hating anything and everything?

The pestilent 1
23-11-2007, 10:09
I personally can't stand the majority of "mainstream" music and won't listen to it if I have a choice.

\m/ Irons all the way.

I nearly peed myself in the irony.

Sojourner
23-11-2007, 10:25
I nearly peed myself in the irony.

Where? Are you implying that Iron Maiden, or perhaps metal in general, is mainstream?

If so, you are wrong.

Fenriz
23-11-2007, 10:55
When they start selling Iron Maiden boxers in H&M id say its pretty mainstream. ;)

Commissar Vaughn
23-11-2007, 11:08
I dont mind her music, its not my favourite but I wont change channels on the radio.

And well, shes a redhead...dont think I'd kick her out of bed ;)

Jomee
23-11-2007, 12:01
Hmm another manufactured and cloned pop "singer".

Who manufactured her?

The pestilent 1
23-11-2007, 12:02
Who manufactured her?

My first thought was her parents.
My second thought is "Manufactured pop" is basically the term for someone you don't like these days.

Jomee
23-11-2007, 12:11
My first thought was her parents.
My second thought is "Manufactured pop" is basically the term for someone you don't like these days.

Indeed :p.

Bombot
23-11-2007, 12:38
I just hold Green day up as an example of the ridiculousness of the 'anti-mainstream' brigade. They made one of the best rock/punk/pop/who-gives-a-crap records of the decade and loads of 'fans' threw a paddy because they went 'mainstream'. It's like the Popular Front of Judea.

The pestilent 1
23-11-2007, 13:43
I just hold Green day up as an example of the ridiculousness of the 'anti-mainstream' brigade. They made one of the best rock/punk/pop/who-gives-a-crap records of the decade and loads of 'fans' threw a paddy because they went 'mainstream'. It's like the Popular Front of Judea.

What was that song where they tell of the virtues of purposely going against everything society is?
(I feel dirty for actually looking this up now..)
Ahh, Minority.
I hated them the moment I heard that song, teaching a new generation of the virtues of the loser philosophy of "Rebel without a cause"

Then again I liked a fair bit of American idiot.

Bombot
23-11-2007, 13:52
Then again I liked a fair bit of American idiot.

That's the record I'm talking about! Sorry, I meant to make that clearer.

The pestilent 1
23-11-2007, 13:54
That's the record I'm talking about! Sorry, I meant to make that clearer.

Nah I got that :p
My point was their "Selling out" was what took them from "Laughably stupid" to "Only stupid when they do songs with U2"

Bombot
23-11-2007, 14:03
Nah I got that :p
My point was their "Selling out" was what took them from "Laughably stupid" to "Only stupid when they do songs with U2"

Well then I guess we agree :)

Gen.Steiner
23-11-2007, 14:33
It's like the Popular Front of Judea.

SPLITTER! Quasi-Roman! The People's Popular Armed Liberation Front (First Reading) of Greater Judea is the only legitimate resistance to the occupation!!1!

As for Kate Nash, christ no, self-pitying middle-class tripe is what that noise is. Give me Skadigan instead, or give me death.

ozzfan
23-11-2007, 14:51
From an Ozzy Osborne fan ! Gotta love internet irony.

I'm not actually, so shush!

Arnizipal
23-11-2007, 17:40
I'm not actually, so shush!
You lied to us through your user name!? :eek:

As the only true caster of My Black Horror I am outraged!

Wintermute
23-11-2007, 18:16
Can we keep this thread on topic please?

WarSeer is not a chat room.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

RavenMorpheus
23-11-2007, 18:55
When they start selling Iron Maiden boxers in H&M id say its pretty mainstream. ;)

Hmm, yes but at least Maiden aren't manufactured pop!

And manufactured pop is something created by the record companies purely to make money - bands like Maiden started out doing pubs/clubs because they wanted to make "music", not "working" for a record company jsut to make some money.

I'll lay money on it that Kate Nash, Lilly Allen and all the other clones out there have never "sung" in a pub/club until they were "discovered" by the A & R guys of their respective record labels, probably while working in a supermarket trying to look pretty while still wearing a shocking uniform...

Well apart from Lilly Allen - she's got "famous" parents so that'd explain how she "got her gig"...

But hey if you like her sort of music then fair play to you. ;)

Bombot
23-11-2007, 19:04
I'll lay money on it that Kate Nash, Lilly Allen and all the other clones out there have never "sung" in a pub/club until they were "discovered" by the A & R guys of their respective record labels, probably while working in a supermarket trying to look pretty while still wearing a shocking uniform...

Eh? Kate Nash isn't that kind of singer at all. And to prove you're wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Nash

Started in a goth club in fact.

RavenMorpheus
23-11-2007, 19:09
Yeah I looked at wiki myself before writing that post, she also worked in River Island...

We shouldn't take wiki as gospel, it can be edited by the public so call me cynical but I'd say that page is more of a "bio" done by people who look after her pr...

And I wasn't just attributing that paragraph to Kate Nash only - hence the sentence "Kate Nash, Lilly Allen and all the other clones"

Still each to his own :)

Bombot
23-11-2007, 19:48
They don't offend me, but I'm not really that fussed about those singers myself. I can just tell that they do actually put some effort in for their careers - they're not the X-Factor type.

The pestilent 1
23-11-2007, 20:39
Eh? Kate Nash isn't that kind of singer at all. And to prove you're wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Nash

Started in a goth club in fact.

Oh crap I'm older than Kate Nash.
That drowning feeling that I've pittered away my life is back.

On another note, what is River Island?
It's familiar but I cannot place it.

RavenMorpheus
23-11-2007, 20:42
River Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Island)

The Laughing Man!
23-11-2007, 22:56
No i do not. She is irritating to the extreme.

When I bought Mass Effect in HMV today one of her songs was on. I could have killed someone, I should have killed someone.

reds8n
24-11-2007, 10:01
That drowning feeling that I've pittered away my life is back.

You get used to it, it's strangely comftable after a while, almost reassuring.