PDA

View Full Version : The Orc Bully, its purpose?

flytail
14-04-2005, 16:01
Hello, this is my first post here so don't eat me! ( However hard that concept may be, it is possible! )

I have the option for my doom diver to take an orc bully. What is his purpose?
What does he do rules specifically? I've tried to find out in the goblin and orc handbook, but no show. I bet it's in that 45$ big warhammer book sitting on my desk.

Jedi152
14-04-2005, 16:12
To beat goblins 'til they do what they're told? :D

But apart from that i think the mahor benefit is the increased ld, and a bit of a fighter just in case someone trys to kill your little gobbos. AFAIK they get no bonuses like an Empire engineer grants to a warmachine crew.

I'm afraid i don't have either book in front of me, so i'm not an authority.

Ps: Welcome to PortentTemp!

PelsBoble
14-04-2005, 18:02
As far as i can tell it give like jedi152 said a higher LD to your goblins. Also the orc bully has better T and WS.

warlord hack'a
15-04-2005, 18:12
yes that's it, better ld, better fighter. Is only 5 points so if you have some spare.. I have never ever used one but it is useful against Skaven (screaming beel has a table top wide spell that forces all things with T7 or higher to take a Ld test and otherwise flee the table, they took out two of my warmachines that way, daft bastards!!) for the rest, do not buy them, if your warmachine gets charged then they are dead meat, simple as that.

Neknoh
15-04-2005, 20:19
... T7?

Do you mean T2?

Festus
15-04-2005, 23:27
No, T7: War Machines

You will notice that the Bell itself only has T6 ("fiendish invention, it is" Yoda says)

Greetings
Festus

GodHead
17-04-2005, 09:48
Acutally, the Panic result (13) simply panics the entire army. The lower Panic result only panics cavalry. The result that affects T7+ simply deals D3 wounds to that model.

Avian
17-04-2005, 17:44
Another benefit is that it bumps the US of the war machine up to 4, meaning that it won't test for panic for fleeing chariots or 2-model wolf rider units anymore.

Personally I take 'em for all war machines other than spear chukkas, who are throw-away units in any case.

warlord hack'a
18-04-2005, 20:04
Thank Avian, I will remember that one, never thought of that before. Mostly my chariots don't run away (they get killed or they kill, one of the two_ and my wolfboys tend to run away but most of the time then the tableedge of the enemies side is closer..

But still, if I ever field a lot of wolfriders I will take some orc bullies, what's 5 points any way?