PDA

View Full Version : An idea: Undead hordes of Khorne.

MrBigMr
21-11-2007, 19:25
Ok, a while ago I got this idea of an army of headless Khorne troopers (skulls for the skull throne and all that), commanded by a lord via their claimed heads.

At first I tried to make it from a normal HoC Khorne heavy list, but I'm just starting and the whole frenzy went a little over my head. I'm more of a stand and shoot guy without much head for extra stuff (which is why I play a daemon legion, as all I have to worry about is the instability).

So, anyways, I was playing with the idea still and a friend suggested "why not use Vampire Counts and their undead hordes?" A Nice idea. Some black knights, grave guard (as headless chaos warriors and knights) and maybe some dire wolves (as daemonic warhounds from hell). The whole force led by a one bad ass lord riding a daemonic steed with a massive pile of skulls on his base (from his peeps).

As I don't have the VC armybook and don't know much about their gameplay, would this type of an army be viable or even possible? I was suggested to use Blooddragon list or something.

Malorian
21-11-2007, 20:14
Of course it's viable. And as you said the conversions would be easy.

Xzazzarai
21-11-2007, 20:48
Very, very cool!!
I'd like to see that army on the board! Make it, and posts som pics! :D

Sideros Peltarion
21-11-2007, 20:57
Sounds brilliant MrBigMr! I love Sleepy Hollow so I would love to see an army like this.

SevenSins
21-11-2007, 21:00
Only problem would be getting LOS....

Sideros Peltarion
21-11-2007, 21:05
Only problem would be getting LOS....

rofl :D
classic

Dead Man Walking
21-11-2007, 22:29
This would make more sense if you would add in the stumps of the neck, just leaving the hole the head fits into behind makes some people scratch thier heads and ask why you didnt finish the models.

Xzazzarai
21-11-2007, 23:32
This would make more sense if you would add in the stumps of the neck, just leaving the hole the head fits into behind makes some people scratch thier heads and ask why you didnt finish the models.

Yeah, good point there!
Gonna be lots of "pill göra" as you say in swedish. Means there's a lot of tiny, tiny things that needs doing.

MrBigMr
24-11-2007, 19:08
I'm happy to see the idea seems nice, but can it be done? Is there a way to have plenty of grave guard and black knights, with dire wolves or something similar (I would so want to use kroot hounds, as they have that daemonic dog look)? How well would such a force work? What type of compositions would be the best?

I'm no stranger to themed armies:
http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-project-logs/109712-cult-of-the-zebra-daemonic-legion.html

dcikgyurt
24-11-2007, 21:36
It sounds like a good theme. I'd go with it, but then I think that theme is everything.

chaos-nightwing
25-11-2007, 07:10
Its a very brilliant idea indead. it is hard to say it can be done or it cannot really. it depend on how u wnated and does it fit

Briohmar
25-11-2007, 08:35
sounds to me like blood dragons are the way to go. I've often felt the Vampire bloodlines serve chaos well. Strigoi for Nurgle (or maybe Necrarch) Blood Dragons for Khorne, Lamia for Tzeentch, Carsteins for Slaanesh (ever see a carstein with a hair out of place?) With the blood dragons you could certainly fill up your army with wights, both on foot and mounted.