PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Suggestions needed

Warnhammer
21-11-2007, 22:25
I am starting my first Chaos army and it will have a Nurgle theme to it. I am not up on all the backgrounds and storylines that may help here.

What I am needing is some basing ideas, and maybe a theme idea or 2 as well. I am not wanting to convert every model or anything drastic as that. My basics for the list(2000pts) will include....
Mortal Lord on Daemonic Steed
lvl 2 Wiz on Foot(Nurgle)
Lvl 2 Wiz on steed(Nurgle)
Marauders in units(2 to 3) of 10 with flails
Chaos Knights(Nurgle)
Warhounds in units(2-3) of 7
Nurglings(Nurgle..duh)
Chariot(Nurgle) ...maybe 2 of these
Plague Bearers(Nurgle..duh)
3-4 Spawns(Nurgle)

*Considering using Mengils in larger games. Add some shooting and of course poisons galore.

Thanks

Mad Doc Grotsnik
21-11-2007, 22:28
K. First of all, cool as they are, re consider the use of Menghils Manflayers. Using DoW to cover something you are missing (nimble, shooty skirmishers) is usually frowned upon. If you do want a DoW unit, have a good hunt around and see what you can find.

Not really seeing where your hitting/stopping power is either. 2 Chariots and the Knights *can* make a mess of the enemy, but considering the rest of the army, you'd be relying on them dishing out the pain.

When it comes to rank and file, I never take less than 20 of lightly armoured infantry. Nice static res, and most importantly, keeps your panic threshold up.

And one last thing (sorry to be so negative!) this shoud be in Army Lists forum....

the1stpip
21-11-2007, 22:59
Mortal Lord on Daemonic Steed
lvl 2 Wiz on Foot(Nurgle)
Lvl 2 Wiz on steed(Nurgle)
Marauders in units(2 to 3) of 10 with flails
Chaos Knights(Nurgle)
Warhounds in units(2-3) of 7
Nurglings(Nurgle..duh)
Chariot(Nurgle) ...maybe 2 of these
Plague Bearers(Nurgle..duh)
3-4 Spawns(Nurgle)

Okay, this is my humble opinion.

Drop the Daemonic Steed. Not worth it, I would stick the Lord, on foot, Enchanted Shield (1+ Armour Save) and stick him in a big unit.

Double the size of the Marauder Units (at least). I would suggest 25 strong.

Warhounds in units of five. They are simply bait units.

Be careful of chariots. They will probably stop being core when the new book comes out (which could be a couple of years). Chariots are not much cop on their own, and with a lack of other powerful units, they are #1 priority for any high strength weapons.

Plague Bearers. Wait until the new daemon book comes out at easter-ish.

I would drop the spawn for these bonus units. One or two can be useful, but they will never do much damage, they are just tar pits.

theunwantedbeing
21-11-2007, 23:13
Right, dont give your chaos spawn the mark of nurgle otherwise its a good army.
Simply because with the handful of attacks they get you simply wont get enough poisoned attacks to make a difference. So you may as well save the 45-60pts to spend on something else like warhound screens ^_^.

Plague bearer's arent the most powerful of units but they are often hit on a 5+ and then wounded on a 5+ and then get a 5+ ward save....plus they are sortof unbreakable.
Same with nurglings really.
Although Im sure you'll hate instability like the rest of us very quickly.

Warnhammer
21-11-2007, 23:19
K.

And one last thing (sorry to be so negative!) this shoud be in Army Lists forum....

I dont consider it negative at all...

Although I appreciate the criticism of my list, the post was in this forum, I thought correctly, because I am looking for some help on a theme or maybe a basing idea or two. The list is just a basic idea of what I wanted to include and point anyone wanting to help towards what I was leaning towards.

When I get my list narrowed down to points and such I will post it in the Army list forum as you suggested.

Thanks

Kerill
22-11-2007, 05:11
Check out the maggot bases in this army:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=7115&st=210

Oh and daemonsteed isn't worth it for nurgle (cause fear anyway) stick him on a steed with a flail.