PDA

View Full Version : Duel topic thread - Codex: Daemons/Codex: Mechanicus

Lornak Bloodgreed
21-11-2007, 23:43
For the codex Daemons I have a question. Are the two daemon codecies made specifically as an ally attachment for the various mortal chaos armies or are they more? Is the hype for this new codex a little too small to be anything else but an ENTIRE new race to BOTH Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000? I personally hope that the codex will be a whole new race, as odd as it sounds, because even though that will be a whole other army that i must do but it is also a little better than an ally codex. (It will get a lot of attension from the top designers :D).

Secondly, having read a bit into the Souldrinkers Omnibus and having taken a new interest into the various and largly popular Adeptus Mechanicus I have had a large flood of new ideas that I would love to share with Jes Goodwin about possibly working on a new Adeptus Mechanicus codex. Though it sounds far fetched and too complicated to delve into, it seems to be the best, THE BEST idea to ever arrise yet among the infinite possiblities in the game. I can only imagine mechanicus lords with rules for master mechanic, enemy vehicle capturing power cables, entourage's of tech priests or techmarines. Before I even begin to dive into fantasizing about a miniature range and rulebook for the Adeptus mechanicus... (drools all over bionic hands...) :drool:

marv335
21-11-2007, 23:47
judging buy rumour and precedent, the Daemon codex will be a standalone codex, just like all the others.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
21-11-2007, 23:54
GW have specifically stated that they will not do anymore codexes where you need another codex to use it.

Lornak Bloodgreed
23-11-2007, 02:07
ok, so, what ur saying is that one of the hugest aspects of Imperial military arnt getting a codex? Wow, that is pretty lame considering that it would be one of the biggest releases ever, everyone who plays any imperial army would get into at least a little bit of it, AND a new army would even out the number of codecies :D

ChaosMaster
23-11-2007, 02:11
D-U-A-L topic thread maybe, as in two topics? Or D-U-E-L topic thread, as in a battle between two?

RampagingRavener
23-11-2007, 03:04
ok, so, what ur saying is that one of the hugest aspects of Imperial military arnt getting a codex?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Admech isn't a massive army on it's own. While it has, and does deploy, it's own armed forces and is fully capable of fighting as a standalone force they're mostly used for gaurding their Forge Worlds and exploration fleets. Mostly they're just spread around throughout other Imperial armies, I believe. Then again, I'm not an expert on the Admech's armed forces.

Kasonic
23-11-2007, 03:19
The military arm of the AdMech is a tiny speck even compared to Space Marines. They have their own armies, but they are prized and not very common; usually limited to bodyguards and security forces. Almost all of the AdMech's military muscle is the Titan Legions, which are already in the game; at least Apoc. It's just that representing a wing of three Warlord Titans in 40k is a bit...unfair. And costly.

I don't think, fluffwise or fanwise, they're deserving of their own Codex, but a Chapter Approved IG spinoff would be quite swell if GW was still doing them. Although a Carapace Armor/Cybernetics/Chem-Inhalers/Mechanized/Enginseers Doctrine army would be quite accurate.

catbarf
23-11-2007, 03:21
I don't think you can justify a full Admech codex. They can be represented near-exactly just by using the Guard codex- Chem-Inhalers, Grenadiers, Techpriest Enginseers, perhaps Cyber-Enhancement if you're a masochist.

Edit: Whoah, not only simu-post but the same suggestions.

freebooter
23-11-2007, 04:24
As much as I'd love a full ad mech codex they can't really justify it. They rarely field full military forces and when they do they can be pretty well represented using the Imp Guard or the Inquisition.
And of course with Apocalypse you can mix and match pretty much anything. You can take a Tech Priest Magos represented by an Inquisitor Lord and then throw in a full retinue and boost it with Techpriest Enginseers from the Guard codex... Just use your imagination...

Alternatively there is a pretty good explorator list by Tim Huckleberry floating around the web. That is a fun list to use.

The Gothic Me
23-11-2007, 05:10
The Space marines are only supposed to have about one million members in the entire galaxy, Ad-mech would have fifty times that amount on a single forge world. I think they deserve their own army list, them and the arbites just seem really left out.

Kasonic
23-11-2007, 05:14
The Space marines are only supposed to have about one million members in the entire galaxy, Ad-mech would have fifty times that amount on a single forge world. I think they deserve their own army list, them and the arbites just seem really left out.

Most of those are slaves, workers, servitors, and various other non-combative AdMech personnel. Not every Forge World has a hundred thousand Enginseers and Skitarii running around, or they'd practically outnumber the IG...

Filthy O'Bedlam
23-11-2007, 09:05
As much as I'd love a full ad mech codex they can't really justify it.

Took the words right out of my mouth (off of my page?). Especially when we have a race (DE) that have been without a viable codex for half a decade, and a third arm of the Inquisition that seems to be stuck in development hell.

Cheers, Filthy