PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2: LOD

Jaq Draco
14-09-2005, 04:36
Just started playing this game again

is it me, or is D2:LOD still playable even 2 years after you've bought it, ive only recently started playing on B.Net(Asia Realm) its laggy as all sin, because i have dialup. But im loving it

Im trying to get a decent Wolfbrother Druid build running. Really wanna find the Aldur's Watchtower set though.

well back on track, anyone still playing this, or have they all migrated to Guild Wars and World of Warcraft and such

WLBjork
14-09-2005, 10:17
Will be doing when I find my copy.

Prefer H&S to RP in the main.

Sir_Turalyon
14-09-2005, 10:37
I play it still, but without LOD; it was a disappointment to me. D2 classic is great time-passer.

Kittah
14-09-2005, 11:45
I play it still, but without LOD; it was a disappointment to me. D2 classic is great time-passer.

I'm kind of the opposite, I found Diablo II to be sort of incomplete. LoD completes it in my view, I wouldn't have it any other way :D

As for playing it still, why yes. There's only one other game I find has the same replay value as Diablo II/LoD, and that's Daggerfall (which incidentally I'm playing now quite a lot :p)

BorisGT
14-09-2005, 12:33
I'm kind of the opposite, I found Diablo II to be sort of incomplete. LoD completes it in my view, I wouldn't have it any other way :D

My thoughts exactly. I played when the released the most recent patch but went on vacation shortly after and kind oflost sight. Might play again... who knows.

Venomizer
14-09-2005, 19:17
I've been thinking of going back to LoD lately.........has the duping and map hack craze died yet?

Sir_Turalyon
14-09-2005, 20:37
Maphack is still at large, but I did not hear of duping for years now.

Venomizer
14-09-2005, 22:30
Urrrgh, Maphack was one of the main reasons I quit playing LoD online, it annoyed me no end when some PK would use it to kill your hardcore character you've spent hours levelling up to 'impress his mates'

Jaq Draco
15-09-2005, 15:56
hasnt patch 1.11 stopped basically everything now

and does anyone have a link to the RuneWord Wizard program, for the 1.10 LOD patch runewords

nurgle_boy
15-09-2005, 20:03
hey, i didnt know so many still played!

also, maphack isnt so usefull anymore.
due to the latest being detectable, and the only non detectable one, having glitches!

if anyone has an old LOD working Bnet CD key, could they shove it my way?
i want to get playing, but buying a new disk isnt somethhing i really want to do...

thers now only one method of duping, and you need a pair of necros for it, and it takes a while. there are a few dupers at large, but they sem to be undetected, and are a good place to get runes if your desperate for that BOTD weapon.

me and a few friends are creating a ncie, har clan on the europe server.
we have plans for a smitadin, a bowazon (me), a whirlwind assa, a barb, and an auradin.

our smitdin is already around the lvl 60's, and i have a rich amazon, who im trading all the gear off (theres now a few more harmony runeword bows on non ladder ;)) to start a new ama. and if anyone has a BOTD bow for trade, ill stick some Hrunes your way!

erion
15-09-2005, 20:40
I've been thinking about getting a new copy of this. My CD's were damaged beyond recognition in a move.

VanHel
16-09-2005, 02:04
I haven't played in a year but am thinking of starting again. Probably gonna do a necro.

Jaq Draco
16-09-2005, 14:44
anyone play on the asia realm?

Venomizer
16-09-2005, 18:04
looks lie I'm going to have to dig my discs out and get playing again....

let's see if I've still got the touch in building necromancers

Jaq Draco
17-09-2005, 14:38
i want to craft up a breath of the dying runeword weapon

gotta find them all :D

Zark the Damned
17-09-2005, 23:54
Hehe, I really oughta start playing this again. Been an age since I last loaded up my Amazon and went a-huntin rabbits :)

Never did get around to building that Barbarian with 2x 'Fury' Phase Blades (Jah-Gul-Eth iirc... +5 to Frenzy :D)

Keller
22-09-2005, 03:29
Ah ha!! So I am not the only one who keeps slipping back to this game every now and then? I just started playing about 3 weeks ago, and I am fully addicted now. It has pushed my other games aside as I race to level my characters in search of better items. It seems no one actually plays the game anymore these days though, all I see is people rushing to get higher and higher. I can't say I haven't done it, but its still sucks that you can't get a good play-quests type game anymore if you don't lock it and solo.

Still, one of my all time favorites, right up there with Fallout.

Str10_hurts
23-09-2005, 08:57
yup still play it now and then...Trapsassins are my favorite.

Jaq Draco
23-09-2005, 16:02
i didnt find myself warming to traps much with an assassin

i always found the martial arts tree to be a lot more fun

especially with dual claws

Icewalker
25-09-2005, 18:12
i use to play as a barb. I always played alone though. I can't play with others very well. I used to kill them all the time. I was infamous. But my time has long since passed. Every now and thent the thought crosses my mind.

Right now I'm too lazy cause I'd have to reinstall the whole game again. Anyone play
Starcraft Brood War? Now there is a classic.

lord_blackfang
25-09-2005, 18:16
Love it, but I prefer single player or LAN, Bnet is full of ******** and cheaters.

Snoozer
25-09-2005, 18:21
I played it like a month ago, but then quit again after the first act, I don't know why but, I have this thing that I have to play it at least once a year (but then I get sick of it and quit after only the first or second act).

oh and always as a necromancer

:D

Kittah
26-09-2005, 04:23
I've got a two week stretch ahead of me with nothing planned. Anyone in the Asia/Pacific area who wants to play on either Asia or USWest wanna start afresh?

Of course MSN will be a necessity, and being in relatively similar timezones helps. I'm in New Zealand, so if anyone's in a not too different timezone and wants to play on either USWest or Asia I'm keen :D

talos935
26-09-2005, 08:41
For some reason LoD is alot better than many new game, eg Dungeon Seige 2

Jaq Draco
28-09-2005, 03:22
im already on the Asia realm with some low level characters
just dont get enough time to put some decent hours of play in

especially with the lag i get with dialup :(

Kittah
28-09-2005, 04:01
Not even on the weekends? I was thinking it'd be great to get a weekend group together for Friday or Saturday nights or something along those lines

Jaq Draco
28-09-2005, 22:52
we'll see, its just this weekend im busy

bert n ernie
04-10-2005, 06:43
I like the idea, but I'm in Europe.
I have just recently got a good connection, but I always seem to be busier than I expect.
I love this game. Probably my all time faveourite. I have a lvl60+ necro, and another few taht are rather high.
I also have a high barbarian.
But high for me is low, as I've only ever played single player. No-one I know likes it as much as me, and I have way way too many items saved for one character, from another.

talos935
04-10-2005, 11:46
especially with the lag i get with dialup :(
LoD does still lag abit, even on lan. Oh the number of time my barb had died in such a way.... :cries:

talos935
01-11-2005, 15:54
Just digging up an old thread, any how does anyone know what/where the "Pandemonium Event" is as this seems to be a secret level, almost like the cow level(moo!)

Venomizer
01-11-2005, 16:18
from what I understand of the pandemonium event you have to fight utra tough versions of the big three as well as some ultra tough leiutentants

theres a stickied thread on the gamefaqs LOD board can explain it better but thats the basic outline of it

bert n ernie
01-11-2005, 16:53
I found this on the D II FAQ forum
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=d2-gameplay&t=163465&p=1

Look for this question:
4. How do I get to Über Tristram/what do the Keys do/what are the "Übers"?

It explains all there.
You have to be a realms player basically. I dunno if that's the online thing or not, cause I don't know DII's online community very well.