PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Chaos

Ouroboros
22-11-2007, 01:56
I've been having something of a hard time coming up with a mortal chaos army that seems to work good for me on the table top and fit with my play style. I tend to like horde type armies over elite ones with few models. I'm not having much luck with chaos warriors or knights at all so I've gone in the other direction with this list.

Let me know what you think.

Heroes

Exhaulted Daemon of Chaos 345
Mark of Nurgle, stream of corruption, master of mortals
Level 1

Exhaulted champion 129
Helm of many eyes, great weapon

Bray Shaman 160
Dispell x2
Level 2

Core

Chaos Marauders 165
20 Marauders
hw/shield/light armour
banner/music/Champion

Chaos Marauders 165
20 Marauders
hw/shield/light armour
banner/music/Champion

Chariot 120

Chariot 120

Special

Beast Herd 160
20 Beasts of Chaos
15 Gors
5 Ungors
full command

Beast Herd 160
20 Beasts of Chaos
15 Gors
5 Ungors
full command

Furies 150
10x Furies

Rare

2x spawn 120

Chaos Giant 205

Total 1999

The exhaulted champ will go in one of the maurader units, the shaman probably into the other one.

The daemon will aim to fly around behind the enemy line terror bombing things and using the stream of corruption on units from behind or the side, hoping to cause them to break off the table or disrupt planned charges.

The main things I'm worried about here is that I only have 4 dispell dice and my best Ld is only 8. On the upside though it's got quite a decent number of models in it and the beasts moving 5" plus the furies and the flying daemon should ensure I at least have some things to do in the early game other than get shot and magiced to death as has been the custom with previous lists I've tried.

chaos-nightwing
22-11-2007, 07:19
Take 8 or seven furies instead of ten. Furies are used for taking out cannons etc or can also be use on overun units, blocking line of sigh, etc. They are very useful if u know how to use them but them have a problem that is low LD. I would suggest to keep them cloth to ur army general.
I can understand if u really want to put a daemon as general in the army but they are pretty fragile. They can be killed by magic really easierly, whitch i believe, is not wat u want. I would change him for a exalted champ with MOT and a few other magic items. This will be more effective.
Ur army is lacking magic. I would give the chariots with both MOT so they can give u cheap power dices.
I would change the other exalted into aspiring with battle standard, mounted on chariots, and mabey berskerers sword. U can also make him a soccerer of chaos if u wish.
As my experiences for 2000pts, i will only suggest for one beast herd inteand
of the two u put in. I would also drop the spawns as they as very difficult to use and their ability depend on luck.
I'm not so sure about the chaos giant either. If u wish for a giant, i would suggest the slave giant as they are cheaper and are extremely nasty in war.

I would really suggest for a squard of choas knights but u say u do not like them even though i fing them essential in chaos army. I would like to hear why u do not like them. I think it just prbablly u are not use to using them.