PDA

View Full Version : where to buy forgeworld?

typhus22
14-09-2005, 05:34
hey does anyone know of a good online place in the usa to get forgeworld products at a reasonable price? im gunning after the heirophant but do not want to pay the shipping or the full price so anyone know other then ebay?

The Orange
14-09-2005, 07:10
I think the War Store used to sell ForgeWorld products, stoped after the ban on online GW sales, dont know if they still do, or if they offer a discount. But it couldent hurt to e-mial them.

http://www.thewarstore.net/

mooby
14-09-2005, 09:26
A bit off topic but is there anyway of getting forgeworld stuff offline and not at games day? Uk style sorry

Crube
14-09-2005, 09:30
Can you get it through the in store Mail Order point ? (just a thought)

Pertinax
14-09-2005, 09:48
I think you used to be able to, but I don't think it's possible any more.

Otherwise, FW has stands at various events. Check their web-site to see where they will be at.

Sai-Lauren
14-09-2005, 12:24
I tried a while ago, I believe you can only order through stores when FW's open - which is basically normal office hours monday to friday.

Outside of Games Day, ForgeWorld also attend Salute Link (http://www.salute.co.uk/saluteframe.htm) (next year moving from Earls Court to London Excel - which will add something like an hour on my journey either way :( ), and IPMS Model World Link (http://www.ipms-uk.co.uk/events.htm)

Screamin Daemon
14-09-2005, 16:26
To get forgeworld offline, you can call them. You can place a mail order through your local store. If you are lucky enough to have one around, some rouge traders will stock some forgeworld items (but those are usually just chapter doors, and extra armour for imperial/chaos marines).

mooby
14-09-2005, 18:40
now you see that is my problem as i am in england the local stores can't order forgeworld through them any differently than online. but thanks for the links i may try and attend

x-esiv-4c
14-09-2005, 18:52
You always have the Ebay option.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
14-09-2005, 21:52
he said besides ebay

Sai-Lauren
15-09-2005, 08:28
now you see that is my problem as i am in england the local stores can't order forgeworld through them any differently than online. but thanks for the links i may try and attend

From your location, Telford might be your best bet. FW also aren't listing it on their website at the moment (concentrating on games Day), but I know they have attended in the past.

Otherwise, you'll be in for a very early start one saturday next April ;)

mooby
15-09-2005, 14:18
ah cool cheers

rkunisch
15-09-2005, 17:08
hey does anyone know of a good online place in the usa to get forgeworld products at a reasonable price? im gunning after the heirophant but do not want to pay the shipping or the full price so anyone know other then ebay?
Are you aware of the fact that you get free (express) shipping for orders of 250.00 and more? As you mention the Hierophant, he is already 175.00. That means you need to find someone (or some two ;) ) who are willing to add something to your order and your problem is solved. :D

Have fun,

Rolf.

Dvalin
15-09-2005, 17:36
rkunisch has the right of it. If you've got a number of fellows who you normally play with, chances are a lot of them have seen the FW stuff and gone "Ooo -- I'd like some of that." Remove the worry about shipping and ordering, and they'll be willing to pitch -- even if it's just a few sets of chapter doors, it adds up. When I wanted to get my Forgeworld stuff recently, I nudged the local store -- my 91 order swelled to 298 because of the four other fellows who wanted stuff, got free express shipping, was processed on Monday, and arrived then on Wednesday, from Nottingham to the US West Coast.

Edit: mind, that's not going to save you the trouble of paying an arm-and-a-leg for FW stuff, but it's highly unlikely that you'll get specialty goods of that sort at a significant discount anywhere.