PDA

View Full Version : skaven gettin updated?

nikkcookie
22-11-2007, 05:44
do ya reckon skaven will be soon to be updated ???

Khorghan
22-11-2007, 06:00
theyre not on the radar as far as i know, but i think alot of the current models need to be replaced, especially the clan rats

KwisatchHaderach
22-11-2007, 06:07
They're usually considered pretty good (if not beardy in some respects). They probably won't get updated for quite some time.

SilentTempest
23-11-2007, 01:14
I think they MAY have been due to come after Dark Elves, which are after Vampires, which are next. I seem to recall the list looking something like that. Don't quote me though.

Dead Man Walking
23-11-2007, 03:40
I dont think they are pretty good, you will only see one or two types of ratkin in a tourney (Skyre or vanilla.) and I never see all plague rats lists or Moulder. If the book made these lists all good rather than just one you would see more variety in the lists. One good thing about the elves book is your going to see a lot of variety rather than just all calvary high elf lists since all the units are useful. You won't find that with skaven, and thats where the old book needs to be updated.

gerrymander61
23-11-2007, 09:54
Most of the things that people complain about in the skaven list are things that we complain about too. I sincerely hope that our army book comes out after DE as there are many silly things about skaven.

Red_Duke
23-11-2007, 10:53
Unlikely - Id imagine it will either be Chaos as a whole, or a new Daemon book (which they definitely need) - especially since theyre working on them for 40k, so they wouldnt even need too many new models...

Gorbad Ironclaw
23-11-2007, 11:24
Except by the time Dark Elves are released, the Demon book will already have been out for quite some time :p

ZeroTwentythree
23-11-2007, 14:22
It would be nice. Skaven always seem to be the forgotten children of the WH family...

It would be nice to see some things fixed & balanced out and as someone else pointed out already, I think a lot of people would like to see an bit more of the other major clans.

But I don't expect to see the Skaven updated for a while....

kingpinuk24
23-11-2007, 16:29
the list as it stands is going to be undead Dark Elves then was going to be chaos or skaven shaven may be brought out before chaos as with vampire counts there doing a lot of new models for the chaos range but dont quote me on this as with all games workshop projects they chop and change around skaven was penciled in for some time 09 just have to hope it stays that way

Warlord Gnashgrod
24-11-2007, 00:18
Well, when they do finally release the Skaven, I hope they come out with some new clanrat models. The current ones just look awful.

A good type of new clanrat model should be similar to the new packmasters with the plastic rat ogres.

theunwantedbeing
24-11-2007, 00:30
New clanrat models would be nice.
Better moulder list and eshin list (maybe...eshin is actually quite decent really).

They'll possibly get updated after the dark elves or chaos do.
Whenever that may be....vampire counts first lol.

mattieice
24-11-2007, 03:40
The only models that really need updating are the clanrats, and poison wind globadiers. A new lord model would be good too. Obviously Moulder and Pestilens could use some new units, and there needs to be a master moulder model but skaven don't need a huge range overhaul.

Warlord Gnashgrod
24-11-2007, 05:24
well, a new lord model is most likely going to be done. The way the sets for each army have been coming out lately, each redone army gets a small box set to make a lord and/or a BSB. But what really needs to be done is the clanrats. They're poor models, and have been around way too long.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
25-11-2007, 15:37
Well I heard somewhere that skaven will get revised in 2009 so there is no rush behind it.

Greetz
G

Bregalad
25-11-2007, 16:28
While competitive or cheesy ;) (hey, they are rodents!), the clan rats desperately need new models. Seeing the HE release, I am NOT looking forward to an early update, as GW does not always update the plastic core troops in dire need of it. They might just nerf the rules (e.g. ratling gun). Still, 2009 sounds about right.

I think they MAY have been due to come after Dark Elves, which are after Vampires, which are next. I seem to recall the list looking something like that. Don't quote me though.
Okay ;)

lordmetroid
25-11-2007, 17:10
Until than(when clan rats is updated), I'll just have to be involved in some very teddious creative surgery.

ZeroTwentythree
25-11-2007, 18:35
I've said this before, but... regarding models, I agree about clanrats needing new models, but as much as I like many of the figures, I also think the range needs redone. It's been done in bits and pieces over a long period of time and really lacks a coherent look. They really look like they've been done in bits and pieces.

I'd also like to see some proper slave models instead of just using clanrats.

(Truthfully, I don't mind the current clanrats except that they are impossible to rank-up and the tails constantly break.)

Makarion
25-11-2007, 19:48
In all reality, with GW doing mediocre on their good days, the Skaven are not even near the horizons - they have a viable army and they aren't a good enough moneymaker for GW to risk investing in.

For much the same reason I don't actually expect to see new TK within the next 5 years at least.

Rhamag
25-11-2007, 19:58
If the clanrats looked more like the artwork than like the chimpanzees they currently do, it'd be nice. But I think I have to agree with Makarion, that it'll be a long time coming.

Shame, since my two WH armies are Tomb Kings and Skaven...

tortoise
25-11-2007, 23:07
I'd also like to see new Storm-vermin and a new fire thrower.

Was it Colin Grayson who sculpted the plastic Plague Monks and the skyre warlock? I certainly hope he gets to do any new skaven models.

Dwarf Runelord 45
19-12-2007, 03:37
I hope they updaten them soooon and make a special model for my favorite model the slaves. One time I fielded an army with 120 slave models (240 points i think)

Dux Ducis
01-03-2008, 01:28
Bah, the stormvermin models are fine. I like them a lot actually, makes them look disciplined and organised compared to the rest of the army.

Duke Georgal
01-03-2008, 12:13
I hope they updaten them soooon and make a special model for my favorite model the slaves. One time I fielded an army with 120 slave models (240 points i think)

The Skaven are not getting any game developement at all at GW. No test rules, no concept art, no writers meetings, no sculpts, nothing.

They were one of the first armies in 6th edition, but they seem to be forgotten about now. If they don't get a new book by the time 8th edition hits in 2010, I would expect them to go off with the Chaos Dwarfs.

Ex-Blueshirt
01-03-2008, 12:21
The Skaven are not getting any game developement at all at GW. No test rules, no concept art, no writers meetings, no sculpts, nothing.

They were one of the first armies in 6th edition, but they seem to be forgotten about now. If they don't get a new book by the time 8th edition hits in 2010, I would expect them to go off with the Chaos Dwarfs.

Name your source please.

Dominatrix
01-03-2008, 15:08
Skaven have not been updated yet because other armies needed more attention. I am sure they will show up sometime in 2009. If someone asked me which armies would you be expect to see in 2009 getting a revamp I would definitely say beasts of chaos and skaven.

Shamfrit
01-03-2008, 15:16
Name your source please.

He doesn't need to, because there isn't one, this is the third 'baiting' thread posted in Skaven related threads in as many days.

It's common consensus that Skaven will be re-released in 2009, alongside either BoC or possibly Lizardmen. They will not dissapear off the map, this is not the opinion of a Skaven player, it's the opinion of someone knowing that Games Workshop has invested too much in certain armies and Skaven are going to be a core army for years to come.

Unless Duke, you think the other 6th Edition armies are going to die out too? :rolleyes:

Ex-Blueshirt
01-03-2008, 16:13
I know there is no source, I just wanted duke to say that.

Dux Ducis
01-03-2008, 22:56
I'm looking at it this way - since the update will be at least a year away, I have that much time to buy, assemble and paint a 250+ model army.