PDA

View Full Version : Vostroyan Troopers

WallyTWest
22-11-2007, 05:32
Question

I own an army of mordians, and I enjoy how they are "true scale" when placed next to my marines. (Ie, they look "inscale")

The "John Blanche" look of the Vostroyans really has me excited, but how do they compare to the Mordians? Are they modeled at the same scale as the Cadians/Catachan models or are they more like the old IG Metals?

(Im thinking more along the line of how my colection would look, thankyou for understanding.)

Wally

Spleendokta
22-11-2007, 06:08
Vostroyans are marine size. They do look good tho as Valhallan veterans.

WallyTWest
22-11-2007, 06:28
Noooooo!!!! Curse you GW!

How about steel legion? Marine or IG?
Anyone willing to argue that the Vostroyans are smaller? They do have big hats.

Visionary
22-11-2007, 06:31

I'm sorry but.... they're too tall. I know this must be hard for you. [Turn off doctor's voice]

stubble rash
22-11-2007, 06:35
There's a comparison with the elysians, which i understand are truescale at the start of this log
http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/105216-elysian-d-99-a.html

WallyTWest
22-11-2007, 06:47
Wow, the elysian could kill the Vostroyan, hollow him out and wear him like a suit… (link above)

That is a fraking shame that the sculpt is so huge. (Yea, they would make perfect Valhallan storm troopers.) Im guessing those new commissars are “new” scale as well.

Army Idea.

How about a "truescale" Vostroyan army made from 25mm Old Glory Carsack Wars figures? Made heavy on the Rough Rider elements, and using WW1 Mark IV kits instead of Leman Russ tanks. (Outfited with Battlecannons and Heavy Bolters.) Not saying it would look swell next to the Mordians, but it would be an intresting project.

Also any idea on how the Armagedon Steal Legion measure up?

Earthbeard
22-11-2007, 08:01

Steel Legion are a little smaller, almost more to scale with the older guard metals.

They look nice too.

Erkenbrand
22-11-2007, 08:19
Yeah, the vostroyan size thing is a massive pain in the **** for me, since due to the size exaggeration of the bearskin hats my Teutogen Guard conversions that I use for Hardened Veterans look way too small. It sucks ball.

Gen.Steiner
22-11-2007, 08:32
Urm. People are different sizes, you know. ;) There's nothing at all stopping you from having a planet's worth of very tall, heavily built, strongmen!

freebooter
22-11-2007, 09:05
Admittedly the Vostroyans do look much bigger, but then you need to take into consideration that they do have massive bear skin hats and hefty carapace armour whereas the Elysian models have a much more hunched over sculpt and alot finer body armour.

The Vossies are bigger but scalewise it isn't really all that much is it?
Hmm, maybe not...

They are stil damn sexy models though.

And I bet they're in scale to my incoming titans :p

Hicks
22-11-2007, 15:23
Steel Legion minis seem right to next to a marine. Even with the trench coat they are much thiner and they are a bit smaller too.