PDA

View Full Version : Help on Ogre K. 2000 Army list

Engra
22-11-2007, 07:26
Hy to everyone, i'm sorry for my english, but it isn't my language.

Sunday I'm gonna play a tournament with the following restrictions:

-2000 pts per army
-no special characters
-no DOW as rare choice
-max 3 same troop choices / 5 in case they don't have missile weapons
-Max 2 same special choices
-No same rare choices (ex. 2 gorgers, 2 giants…)
-Only one model that cost more than 250 pts(mounted monster and rider count as separate models for this)
-max 4 war machines
-Max 9 power dices and 10 disp. dices for magic phase
-max 3 Chariots

:)I Just finished to paint my ogre army and I decided to play the tournament with the big guys

:mad:I have some doubts on the following list

Tyrant /luck gnoblar/siege breaker/2 gnoblar thiefstones/Wyrdstone necklace/ Fistfull. of L. 300 pts

butcher 1 / D.scroll/ Bangstick 190
Butcher 2 / D.scroll/ Skull mantle 190
butcher 3 / D scroll/ H.coockbook 190

4 Ironguts /standard b./belower/rune maw standard 247
4 Ironguts / standars b. / Belower/ war banner 232

4 bulls light armor/ironfist/belower 182
3 bulls105
3 bulls 105

8 gnob.trappers 48
20 gnob.40

gorger 75
1 maneaters 2H weapon 90

:confused:Will it better giving the tenderiser at my tyrant and doing so renouncing at the second thiefstone?
:confused:Shoud I renounce at a unit of 3 bull and buy instead 2 leadblearchers?

Best Regards Patrik

Flypaper
22-11-2007, 08:16
My personal advice would be to hurl dire insults at whoever came up with that comp system. But then I don't have many friends, and there's probably a reason for that. :chrome:

Overall, the list's pretty standard and should do fine.

Will it better giving the tenderiser at my tyrant and doing so renouncing at the second thiefstone?
Yes, if you were going to spend the points anyway. Personally I'd drop a few more points off the characters - probably the Cookbook. And if it comes right down to it, don't be ashamed to just give the Tyrant a Great Weapon!

Shoud I renounce at a unit of 3 bull and buy instead 2 leadblearchers?
Nah, the bulls give you more options. If you want to fit belchers in, I'd drop the maneater plus some of the Tyrant's toys.

...Oh, and only one unit of Ironguts can legally carry a magic banner, so ditch the Rune Maw.

Kerill
22-11-2007, 10:01
I guess that since the count as a special and rare you could include a bull rhinox with heavy armour, standard and war banner, its one nasty combination that also forces terror tests on your opponent.

Dwarf Runelord 45
20-12-2007, 00:26
It should do fine in my opinion

lparigi34
20-12-2007, 11:57
My 2 cents...

I´d drop the trappers and the Gorger (trappers are not good at diverting chargers, on the contrary, could be used as a catapult (charge-overrun direction dictated by the charger, drop the Gorger cause you´ll need the points).

Do not kit out your tyrant that much.

Bring in two more units of Gnoblar, use the to draw out enemy hard hitters.

I Always have 2x2 leadbelchers, one in each flank to cover them, usually do their job pretty good.

I Always use units of 3 bulls with standard for my characters, I never bring in Bellowers, I rely on causing serious wouds on my opponents. Due to the tournament restrictions you´ll have to put a character either with the Ironguts but I'd better try with leadbelchers (IMO Ironguts are too good by themselves), making one flank protecting unit even stronger.

Kadrium
21-12-2007, 20:48
Give they tyrant a tenderiser instead of the siegebreaker. Get rid of the thiefstones.

Get rid of the rune maw.

Buy 1 more irongut and make 3 units of 3, instead of 2 units of 4.

Remove 1 bull from the unit of 4.

Drop the gorger and maneaters for more ironguts.

Don't remove the trappers.

Malorian
21-12-2007, 21:04
Kadrium: Drop the gorger? but gorgers are gold to ogres... I'd say drop the maneater and get another gorger...

Flypaper
22-12-2007, 10:18
Kadrium: Drop the gorger? but gorgers are gold to ogres... I'd say drop the maneater and get another gorger...I'd agree instantly, if not for the composition rules he was operating under:

-No same rare choices (ex. 2 gorgers, 2 giants…)Also, note that this thread was 'manced. The tournament the OP was going to is long over.