PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Options for Eldar?

BrianC
22-11-2007, 14:23
I've nearly finished the Plague Reaper and Brass Scorpion conversions that I've built for my son's Christmas presents but I've realised that my daughter will feel put out that I haven't done anything similar for her for Christmas.

I've already got her a Wind Rider box set but I need something around the 40 to 50 pound mark I can customise for her so suggestions would be very welcome.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Gen.Steiner
22-11-2007, 14:25
Falcons? Fire Prisms? Or, indeed, pretty much anything from Forge World (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_ELDAR_22.html) although you'll have to order PDQ!

BrianC
22-11-2007, 14:30
Most of the stuff from Forge world is too expensive for my budget as I have to keep their Christmas presents balanced cost wise :( Never have twins is my advise.

What sort of conversions do people normally do with Falcons or Prisms?

Gaz
22-11-2007, 14:33
Scratch-build a titan? Should get the materials for the budget. but probably rather time consuming >_<

Gen.Steiner
22-11-2007, 14:34
Most of the stuff from Forge world is too expensive for my budget as I have to keep their Christmas presents balanced cost wise :( Never have twins is my advise.

Well, there's the Avatar. 45.

From Shadows
22-11-2007, 14:38
You could convert some Vypers take a look at this guys Vypers simple conversion but very nice effect.
http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/109448-eldar-army.html
Or as Gen Steiner suggested the forgeworld avatar(personally perfer the one with the spear)

Starchild
22-11-2007, 14:48
Eldar are wonderful for making conversions!

Some conversions I've done:

-a Farseer based on Eldrad... he carries a banner and does not wear a helmet
-the 1st edition Farseer with the old Shadowseer's hooded head & a shuriken pistol
-modified Wraithlords
-3rd edition Aspect Warriors with 1st edition helmets... my Banshees also have bright red curly doll hair :cool:
-1st edition Guardian plastic components on 3rd/4th edition Guardians and Dire Avengers... the old close combat fists look really nice attached the back packs of Avengers... I put the old swords on the backpacks of my Guardians
-Rangers with head swaps and/or sculpted hoods
-a Farseer on a Vyper used as a jetbike (in 2nd edition any character could ride on the back of a Vyper)
-my personal favourite: a custom Wave Serpent made by kit splicing a Star Wars cloud car with a Falcon!

Try to find some old Eldar models and see how you can splice them with the new stuff.

From Shadows
22-11-2007, 15:03
Also,you could do farseer on a jetbike and some warlocks on jetbikes.

Atrum Angelus
22-11-2007, 15:21
One conversion I recently did was building a custom Farseer from the body of the new High Elf Mage. Some Eldar bitz, a Farseer head, and a staff conversion and, tada!, a cool new Farseer.
Next on my list is to take the seated Mage from the same box and make a Jetbike Farseer.

BrianC
22-11-2007, 15:58
I'm liking the sounds of the Vyper conversions - anything I can get away with fluff wise on the Vypers themselves?

She already has a metal Avatar that she saved up for and is currently painting so I'm going to discount the FW Avatar for this year.

silverdragon
22-11-2007, 16:01
I would suggest converting some Warlock and Farseer jetbikes, especially at least 1 farseer. These units are extremely effective and unfortunately there are no models for them and no easy conversions for them.

Jetbike Farseers can be used in any army and are a great way to get your Farseer where he needs to be to use his powers. Warlock Jetbikes are also nice with spears. They can be added to small jetbike squads and harass armored vehicles with the singing spear.

Another option is to convert some shining spears into exodite riders. Using some fantasy cold ones (not the new lizardmen ones) put eldar shining spears wielding star lances on the lizards and you have some impressive exodite riders that use shining spear rules.

I think you can't go wrong with doing a few such conversions however, if she does not like jetbikes you could always do a cool Avatar conversion or Wraithlord conversion. Give the Avatar wings and make him look like and angel or poss the wraithlord impressively and paint him up nice.

Black Antelope
23-11-2007, 16:24
You could get a nightspinner covertion kit and a falcon from forge world and make that?

fwacho
24-11-2007, 00:50
Some where I saw some X-wing style vypers.. very cool. had shurican cannons on end of lower wings. can't remebr wher I saw it.

studderigdave
24-11-2007, 03:49
get a spare jetbike and the new HE lord on steed, you can make a WICKED autarch on jetbike with those parts.

Starchild
24-11-2007, 04:33
Eldar Online featured modelers (http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=107&Itemid=499)

Here's a good collection of ideas for you. My favourite is Carl Woodrow. I really like his Swooping Hawks.